Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2014 12:32 am  #2701

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

This evening I started Dark Cases Bloody Ruby.  So far it's been ok, there seems to be a lot to do.  It is a fairly easy game so far. 

Sun those viruses are such a pita.  You worry that you are going to be compromised.It's hard to trust sites after you have an infestation.  I do hope you can get it all cleared up.  My mom has had endless issues with her laptop, which is only a year or two old.  I have the exact same one but I rarely use it, so no problems, she uses hers exclusively.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 9, 2014 5:57 am  #2702

I have finished Griddlers Ted and P.E.T. The best thing was the music!
I dexed Evil Pumpkin- The Lost Halloween PE . I had to constantly use the Hint button, to know where to go.
I had to dex Jean Valjean- Les Misérables due to a technical problem near the ending. There was a pop-up scene that wouldn´t close. It was very handholding (big foots and magnifying glasses and puzzle pieces!),no doubt what to do there! I quite liked the story and wanted to finish it.
I have finished Night Mysteries- The Amphora Prisoner. It was OK. Old school, no VO but rather fun puzzles.
I also finished Amulet of Time- Shadow of La Rochelle. Also old school but with VO. Surprisingly good.

Sunshinej, hope your problems with the computer are solved soon.

I only use a laptop now (19 inches screen) and have never had any problems with it (touch wood)

November 9, 2014 12:13 pm  #2703

Anki -- Of course I have AMULET OF TIME and of course I haven't played it yet.  Maybe I'll move it up the list! 

Sorry you got on a roll of games you didn't like and then found one you did that you couldn't finish because of a tech problem!

November 9, 2014 6:58 pm  #2704

OMG  I just finished MANOR MEMORIES.  What a terrible, terrible game!  There was no loical progression, the choices to decorate were meh, there were a lot of misnamed items -- a candy cane is a lollipop?  Even though you'd done the Achievements a number weren't awarded.  Apparently this was a bug -- that never got fixed!  And finally I just did not care about the character.  If Playrix brings back a GARDENSCAPES game with Austin I'll buy it.  I'd even rather play FARMSCAPES with the annoying kid.

November 10, 2014 7:34 am  #2705

I have Amulet of Time and haven't played it, lol.  I finished the Mask of Baragus game yesterday and it's out on BFG today.  I kind of gave a review but I've forgotten most of it already. 
I played quite a bit of Spooky Bonus last night, couldn't tear myself away and then it was after 3am.  Then I was making matches in my dreams, anybody ever do that?  Dream you're still playing a game?  It woke me up and I know I won't be able to get back to sleep for awhile and I've only had 4 hrs.  Dang!
Gamehouse came out with a "Cradle of... " 4 pack.  I don't think I own any of them so maybe I can use a coupon for it.  It says $13.99 or 2 Funtickets, will the coupon work?
Anyway, I'm in the 70s on Spooky Bonus.  For a long time I had tons of time to spare, then I was finishing with only a few seconds left, now I'm to where I have to replay them.  I like when I have to replay.  i try not to use powerups the first time through, then the next I'm maybe using a couple, if I have to do it again I'm using most everything, lol.   When you're almost out of time it starts making a noise, and you only have like 5 seconds left so it's not enough time to really do much so I end up sitting there, paralyzed, not being able to do anything once that noise starts.  Im like a deer caught in headlights.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

November 10, 2014 9:43 am  #2706

SPOOKY BONUS is the only M3 I've ever played in timed mode.  It took me a while but I finished it!    I like your avatar.  The other one always had me flashing on Roger Rabbit bouncing all over the walls and ceilings! lol  I'm not too far in AMULET OF TIME but i can't believe how well-made it is!  I'm really enjoying it.

Last edited by lilyr (November 10, 2014 9:46 am)

November 10, 2014 11:14 am  #2707

That's too bad about Manor Memories lilyr.  I think you were excited when it finally came to Big Fish weren't you?  It's a shame that you didn't like it.

I am still working on Kate Arrow.  Plenty of HO scenes and not much adventure.  You are in self contained chapters maybe 3-4 scenes in each chapter.

I am cautiously optimistic my computer woes are fixed.  I am still afraid to use my home computer though so I am writing this on my tablet at work on my work break.

i ♥ nirvana

November 10, 2014 12:12 pm  #2708

Just popping in to say I was disappointed with Manor Memoirs to. Just couldn't get into it like the first one. 

Still have 3 IHOG's that have been sitting on my desktop for a few months now. Off for the week so am going to try to finally finish them to clear up computer for MCF later this month. 

November 10, 2014 4:27 pm  #2709

WendyDarling wrote:

Gamehouse came out with a "Cradle of... " 4 pack.  I don't think I own any of them so maybe I can use a coupon for it.  It says $13.99 or 2 Funtickets, will the coupon work?  

Wendy, any GameHouse coupon (GCC, PCC, CS coupon) works for any game, bundle or pack, any SE or CE.  Ain't it great? 

WOW!  When did all the new smiley faces appear????????

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

November 10, 2014 5:26 pm  #2710

Hi stusue!   The new smilies must have been very recent.  Oh boy!  I'll have fun using them!   

sunshinej -- Sounds like Kate Arrow is my kind of game!  How did you get your computer fixed?  Hope it stays free ftrom crap.

Last edited by lilyr (November 10, 2014 5:30 pm)

Board footera