Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2014 6:16 pm  #11

Re: Welcome, freyasmom

And we all do love a review!  Welcome Freyasmom.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 7, 2014 4:30 pm  #12

Well, I LOVE reviewing beta games, demos, games and TiramuSue said I could take over the weekly game releases because she's got too much on her plate right now .................. so I'm VERY excited about that.  You'll have to check it out Monday when the new game releases come out.  BFG also is doing a new video called "POND NEWS".  It's about gaming things, contests and give-a-ways and other things so I'm going to start a thread for that and see if it gets any views, responses, etc.  If it does, I'll keep it up.

Thank you all SO MUCH for making me feel so welcome.  If you knew what I'd gone through on my last forum you would be so shocked.  I love it hear.  So peaceful.

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?

November 8, 2014 10:08 am  #13

And we're happy to have you!  I don't know how much of the older posts you've read but we aren't strictly about games.  So you can usually comment on other stuff too -- and we all do.  Maybe it seems friendlier since we're a much smaller group and we don't get the anonymous sniping that used to go on in BFG CCC.

November 9, 2014 2:00 am  #14

Good to know, lilyr.  Definitely good to know that this is a NICE place to be.  BIG SIGH OF RELIEF - LOL!

To anyone who can help:  I've never encountered this before so if you can help - PLEASE!!!

When I post my reviews, I notice a problem with the formatting.  Mostly, when I insert an emoticon/smiley.  I won't be at the end of a sentence but the emoticon/smiley will be entered and then a large gap will show up with the next sentence on a different line.  For example:

blah blah this is me talking nonsense about a game.
Instead of this sentence starting after Mr. Smiley there (hello up there Mr. Smiley), the sentence will start on the next line.

Any help?????

Thanks so very much.

November 9, 2014 2:02 am  #15

lilyr wrote:

And we're happy to have you!  I don't know how much of the older posts you've read but we aren't strictly about games.  So you can usually comment on other stuff too -- and we all do.  Maybe it seems friendlier since we're a much smaller group and we don't get the anonymous sniping that used to go on in BFG CCC.

Where do I go to join in discussions not relating to anything in particular???  My first impression was "wow, there are a LOT of lists here" - LOL.

Thanks so very much for directing me around.

November 9, 2014 8:33 am  #16

Good morning.  There are lots of topics under this, the what's happening thread. TV books, love tin about like in general or sharing the good stuff.  Plus the word games, they go thru peaks and valleys, played for awhile and then dormant for a bit.  Plus you can create whatever topic you want.

I've noticed that about the smileys too.  I'm not sure why it leaves that gap, I imagine it is related to the coding on the site.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera