Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2014 4:12 am  #1

Circle of Life

Sadly I had to say goodbye to my Daddy yesterday but so thankful that I could be there with him as he is now free of his earthly pains.  Since my mom has dementia also, I don't think she fully understood when I told her but I took her hand and we laid it on Dad's arm and I softly started to sing " Amazing Grace" to her and she started singing with me so I'm comforted by our last few minutes together with him.  He lived a full life of 90 years and I am grateful that I got to be there to assist him these last four years ~ I have had precious times and memories that will last me the rest of my life and I am at peace with his passing.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 16, 2014 7:20 am  #2

Re: Circle of Life

My condolences to you and your family tee.  I'm glad you have all those memories to hold close in your heart.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 16, 2014 7:51 am  #3

Teeitup...My sympathies to both you and your mother. 

The author Agatha Christie had this quote from Spenser's The Fairie Queen inscribed on her tombstone.  I always found it to be peaceful and comforting for describing someone who has lived a long and full life.

Sleep after Toyle, Port after Stormie Seas,
Ease after War, Death after Life,
Does Greatly Please

Last edited by sunshinej (September 16, 2014 8:00 am)

i ♥ nirvana

September 16, 2014 2:55 pm  #4

I'm so sorry that you lost your Dad Tee.  It sounds as though he passed quietly and you have good memories about recent events and his life.  What a great final memory -- touching your father and both you and your mom singing Amazing Grace.  So sorry about your mom's dementia too.  When my mother died I told my brother that he needed to show dad her body before the casket was closed (my father lived with my brither and his wife).  Dad ddidn't have dementia but he wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it for himself.

September 17, 2014 12:27 am  #5

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 17, 2014 4:50 am  #6

Thank you so very much for your kind words and the beautiful verses ~ they mean a lot to me.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 19, 2014 9:18 am  #7

I'm sorry, Tee.  It's good you were there, and I think singing was a good idea.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

Board footera