Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2014 12:11 pm  #2301

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I was able to finish Mind Snares: Alice's Journey after I d/l the corrected version.  I was also able to get all the achievements in it, including doing a HO scene in less in a minute. I thought I had it a few times, but it didn't register.  Good game and the story is about a woman who hates her job and has big plans for herself by opening up a bookstore/coffee shop, but is too scared.  It really hit home with me because I am so tired of my job as a desk worker and really wish I could work in a greenhouse.

oscar...In the game I was told I was going to loose an arm.  Seriously, how does one loose a arm?  Now if they said lose a arm, it would have made perfect sense.  Loose/lose is pretty common, but pale/pail is rare.  I bet journalist felt foolish afterwards.

I totally forgot to get a game with my pcc yesterday.  Too much debating.  I hope a Daily Deal comes up in the next few days so I don't lose my 5 punches.

Last edited by sunshinej (August 26, 2014 12:17 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

August 26, 2014 1:35 pm  #2302

I hear you about the job front.  I have been out of ft work ( I have a pt bkkping job) for over 2 yrs and it is stressful. I'd like to find something I could just throw myself into.  For me being out of work has drained me of a lot f confidence and motivation and with all the rejection you begin to wonder if you have any talents.I find myself at a crossroads.  I'm sure things will turn around.  With the greenhouse job, all I can say to you  is will you look back with regrets that you didn't take the chance?

And thanks for the info on Mind Snares, I have reinstalled to ensure I have the newest version.    I know everyone make typos and spellcheck sometimes takes over but the pale/pail was whoa!  But I won't 'loose' my head over it.  lol

Last edited by oscar66 (August 26, 2014 2:03 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 26, 2014 1:57 pm  #2303

For some reason looking at the upcoming games makes me want to replay a whole series back to back that had a good story and I'm think I might replay all the Nightfall games in order.  I remember it being quite a good story.  Then I might tackle Ravenhearst in order.

Tomorrow will be a good game day.  The plumber will be here for hours and I have work to do indoors and I need to wrangle the dogs to not pester him.  If tomorrow is anything like today they can't stay outside.  it is 90 degrees and the humidity is yech, you feel like a wet dishrag when you step outside.  I had planned to mow the lawns to get my steps up but forgetaboudit!

Last edited by oscar66 (August 26, 2014 1:58 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 26, 2014 3:12 pm  #2304

oscar - I read your post in the upcoming CE's thread.  This coming weekend is Labor Day weekend in the USA.  Maybe we'll get a true BOGO.  We usually get good sales for 3 day weekends.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 26, 2014 4:50 pm  #2305

Snap!  It's Labour Day here as well.

August 26, 2014 6:30 pm  #2306

{{{ oscar & sunshinej }}}

oscar -- Barregar and I play a F2P.  She made the comments there (about MANOR MEMOIRS CE ).  She said there were , I think, 3 bonus levels and the CE guives you 5 items to decorate with instead of 3.

I'm going to wait until Labor Day to see if there's a good sale.

August 26, 2014 7:15 pm  #2307

Lilyr, sorry, I think you are mistaken, I never said there are 3 bonus levels.  I did say the CE gives you 5 items to chose from when you are decorating instead of 3.  I do believe there is only 1 bonus level but Oscar is the best judge of that since she has bought the game. I'm waiting for Labor Day before getting it.  Buy it only if you really love it, that's my motto.  

Last edited by barregar (August 26, 2014 7:16 pm)

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 26, 2014 9:24 pm  #2308

Oops!  Sorry barregar.  I don't know where that 3 bonus levels thing came from.  Probably some other review of some other game! 

August 27, 2014 5:58 am  #2309

Today I played my oldest unplayed HOPA, Fear for Sale 1: Mystery of McInroy Manor SE.  I've just posted a full review in my demo review thread, although I doubt anyone would be interested in a review of such an old game, especially as I imagine you've all already played it. 

I think I'll now play the other 3 games in the series before I play my next oldest HOPA.   Hmmm, what is my next oldest HOPA... 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 27, 2014 3:45 pm  #2310

stusue -- I could have sworn I played that too but when I looked it wasn't checked off.  Why, why, why do I keep buying games? 

Does anyone know any games like GARDENSCAPES and MANOR MEMOIRS?  Are the LAGOONA games close enough?  Someone else was asking.

Board footera