Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2014 6:27 pm  #2181

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

stusue - the BFG GM doesn't do a full uninstall either.  There are bits and pieces left all over the place.  Best thing you can do is delete the folder, then look in the usual places where other remnants might be.  Program Files, Program files (x86), program data,  and Users/Your Name/AppData   (the folders local and roaming).  Then run a cleanup utility supplied by your anti virus to get rid of any garbage that's just hanging out.  Let it look through the registry, also.

I don't remember whether the objects were teeny-tiny, but maybe your mother would enjoy Mountain Crime: Requital and Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus.  They both have good stories with Agatha Christie type twists at the end.   Inspector Magnussen - Murder on the Titanic is a light HOPA that plays almost like a straight hog, there are adventure elements, but the Inspector essentially directs you to where you have to go.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 4, 2014 8:32 pm  #2182

stusue -- I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to computers but if you can find the folder if you right click on it does it give you the option to uninstall?

Easy starter HOPas are right up my alley!  I loved INSPECTOR MAGNUSSEN.  VALERIE PORTER AND THE SCARLET SCANDAL is great.  Sort of a 1930s reporter works on a mystery.  The minigames tie in with the story and the game isn't very difficult.  How about the SAMANTHA SWIFT series?  I loved HIDDEN EXPEDITION:  AMAZON.  And BRUNHILDA AND THE DARK CRYSTAL was fun with a snarky imp as a helper(maybe the hint button?)

Last edited by lilyr (August 4, 2014 10:07 pm)

August 4, 2014 10:58 pm  #2183

1912 Titanic is really good and it's pretty easy, but it's not really a hopa, you don'twander anywhere.  Royal Trouble is fun, and Tiger Eye Riddle whatever.  The House of 1000 Doors games don't have too many locations, I don't think. 
Hello, I'm back from a week in a town with no phone service, so of course no iternet.  I played CEs all week so I would have a strategy guide if needed.  I played Nightmare Realm 2, I loved the first one and I was just sooo bored all the way through the second one.  I also played Shiver Poltergeist, I think I liked that one a little better and I liked the bonus chapter better than the main game, or maybe that was a different one, just can't remember anymore.  I finished Death Pages Ghost Library last night, I probably liked that one the best, but I wasn't in love with it.  None of them were special or good enough to have wasted my tokens on as CEs, don't know what I was thinking  I started Lily and Sasha, it's an RPG,, but don't know if I'll be continuing, it hasn't interested me much yet.  Played some Peggle and some Ancient Hearts and Spades.  I had one game where I shot the moon (took all the points) 4 times out of 5 hands, that finished the game. 

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

August 4, 2014 11:33 pm  #2184

I forgot it was Monday (stat holiday in Ontario) so I am just quickly using up 4 PCCs that expire the 10th just to get the bonus punch.  I finished off the main game of Dark Strokes Snow Kingdom, I really liked it.  I did miss one morph and one snowflake.  Bummer.  I was hoping I could go in and find them a la Mad Head games but no go.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 5, 2014 5:35 pm  #2185

Wendy the first time I read your post I though "no phone service! Thinking no service of any kind but you must have meant cell service (I hope).

I bought NORTHERN TALE 4 and CRIME SOLITAIRE 2.  It has sort of a 30s noir detective story and some of the comments are pretty funny.  It's a pretty good game for me but I doubt that the experienced solitaire player would think much of it.  Bottom line -- I'm enjoying it. 

August 6, 2014 6:05 am  #2186

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.  I'll decide which one I'll suggest for Mum next once she's finished Rush for Gold: California, which she's loving at the moment.  

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 6, 2014 6:58 am  #2187

I played yesterday's soft release, Hoyle Illusions, last year with my FunPass.  I really liked it and was shocked when I noticed that it only got 2 stars at both BFG and GH.  I can't remember all that much about it but I remember that I liked it.  It's not a super exciting game and there aren't any voiceovers or anything, but I really liked it.  If I were at home I'd be able to look at my notes and see what I jotted down after playing it but, unfortunately, I have to rely on my super bad memory  I know that there are heaps of HOSs and they're not too easy, even though they're pretty much straight lists. 

There are also 52 collectible cards, which is a full pack of cards, and, as you collect them, you open up card games.  For example, the first one is Klondike when you've found 10 cards.  I really liked being able to play them all. 

I also really liked one unusual way you get inventory items.  When you see a magician's hat in a scene, you pick up your magician's wand, which is down at the bottom of the screen, and tap the hat.  There's something hidden underneath.  It was an original idea and you had to look to see if there was one in each scene, which I liked.

As far as I can recall, it wasn't a super easy game and I liked the story.  From what I've read, there are a lot more HOSs than anything else and not that much adventure, but I don't remember it like that.  
It isn't an automatic recommendation to purchase but it's a definite recommendation with a FunPass and I'd definitely suggest you play the demo. You may just like it and can get it with a PCC if you have one expiring.  You get some extra card games with it, as well, as you find the collectible cards.

August 6, 2014 6:37 pm  #2188

Stusue, I agree with you, I tried Hoyle Illusions and I love it.  I liked looking for the collectible cards in the scene and being able to play card games later on.  I also like having lots of HOS.  I will get this one on Monday with a pcc.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 7, 2014 2:13 am  #2189

barregar wrote:

Stusue, I agree with you, I tried Hoyle Illusions and I love it.  I liked looking for the collectible cards in the scene and being able to play card games later on.  I also like having lots of HOS.  I will get this one on Monday with a pcc.  

Barre, I'm glad you liked it.  I don't feel so weird now, when I really liked it and yet everyone else seems to have hated it.  I truly don't understand why.  I sure hope you enjoy it and have fun with the extra card games at the end!  

August 7, 2014 5:52 pm  #2190

Oscar - I just saw that Awakening Kingdoms has been released for iPad.  If you want to play that one, I'm willing to start an iPad game and we can be friends.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera