Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2015 4:31 pm  #101

Re: The Chat Lounge

Susan, I don't like the sound of your post.  Please don't do anything you can't undo.  What you and your daughter think is unforgiveable now, might not seem so bad with the passage of a little time.  You need to feel loved and useful right now, maybe go volunteer at a shelter if at all possible, or with babies at the hospital, something, anything, to get you thinking about other people who don't have a connection to you.  I've felt like I didn't want to go on so many times, but it was just my current situation that was bringing me down.  Can't you envision some other life for yourself?  Do you have enough money to travel?  You're too focused on your family and you're not really living your own life.  This is the time to let them become whatever adults they're going to be and for you to let go of Mommy Susan and be whatever woman... not mother... that you want to be.  You're free now, Susan, you can do whatever you want, go do something that you've aways put off doing, please.
Oscar, I got going on the computer, looked up, and it was too late to walk, so I took my truck.  Then when it was time to play there was one person too many and I ended up drawing the bye so I had to turn around and come back home.  And now my partner for tomorrow's tournament has the flu so I'm scrambling to get another one.
Don't remember if I mentioned Hubby moved out.  We're on decent enough terms, which is really good because he could really screw me over at my work and down here, he could make enough trouble to get me kicked out of the park if he wanted to and probably make enough trouble to get me asked to leave the carnival I'm at, so it really had to be his idea to leave rather than me kicking him out.  Nobody yelled at me yesterday, it was so wonderful.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

March 8, 2015 8:15 pm  #102

Susan, I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time at the moment and that you can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.  What Wendy said.  Why don't you do something just for you, something you really like doing, spoil yourself and have some fun.  Take a step back from your problems and regroup before making any decisions.  As Wendy said, things might not seem so bad with the passage of time. 

You're always in my thoughts and prayers.  Take some time and take care of yourself, Susan, and may the angels take care of you, too.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

March 9, 2015 4:50 am  #103

Susan, Wendy offered wonderful advice.  There is so much need for volunteers ~ Red Cross, senior communities, community programs.  It's hard to distance yourself from "mom" feelings with adult children, which I'm also currently dealing with but sometimes you've got to put yourself first and they will need to fend for themselves.  Start playing some of those games you've talked about not having time to play, even if it is only for a few minutes at a time.  They are such stress breakers for me, time to enjoy something just for you and forget all the other issues crowding in.  God Bless and prayers for your peace of mind.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

March 12, 2015 5:21 pm  #104

I wanted to let you know that I lost my Winston yesterday.  I can't express my sorrow at losing this piece of my heart.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

March 12, 2015 6:10 pm  #105

oscar66 wrote:

I wanted to let you know that I lost my Winston yesterday. I can't express my sorrow at losing this piece of my heart.

Oscar, I'm so sorry.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 12, 2015 11:25 pm  #106

oscar I am so very, very sorry.  {{{ oscar & Winston }}}

March 13, 2015 4:52 am  #107

oscar, so very sorry to hear this ~ he belonged to all of us, in spirit.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

March 13, 2015 4:54 am  #108

oscar, so very sorry to hear this

March 13, 2015 5:48 am  #109

Oh No!  How very sad about Winston. We know how much he meant to you.  I'm so sorry, Oscar.

i ♥ nirvana

March 13, 2015 5:53 pm  #110

I'm so sorry, Oscar.  Looking at his picture it's so hard to believe he's gone, .  Did they ever figure out what it was?  Do you have a place to bury him?  We didn't, so we got our Skunky cremated, I was going to scatter her ashes with my late husband but I never have.  He always wanted to get Skunky stuffed, but she outlived him.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

Board footera