Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2014 10:04 am  #81

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

Don't be in a rush to upgrade the fountain.  I only got around to it at level 20 or so.  It didn't give me another quest.  Same thing with Angela and her eggplant.  All you get for fulfilling those quests is progress towards achievements.  You're better off spending your money on quests asking you to renovate buildings.  Paving the roads is a better use of your money, also.  Billy will ask you to pave all three areas.  And three outdoor upgrades gets you your first achievement.

The achiements for auctions, friends, sending e-mails are worth getting and can be worked on when you're out of energy.

So far, the only time I've bought food or a keepsake is when a quest asked me to.  I've earned enough stuff from achievements that I don't need to buy anything right now. 

Be sure and use anything that increases your max energy immediately. (However, you can't use it when you're already at max energy.  You have to play a HO scene first).

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 20, 2014 11:08 am  #82

I looked at the available fountains and didn't care for the 1st one or two so I saved up for the griffin.   That was 27,000. I just looked at the fountains again and we have a red, white & blue cow!  Boy I hope that's going to be optional!

Well silly me! I just looked at the pizzeria quest again and it IS the EP for 4,000.  I don't know where I got the other one.

Tirama -- Do you think it's better to sell stuff on the weekend or are enough people plaing that it doesn't matter?

January 20, 2014 11:10 am  #83

Tirama, thank you so much for mentioning that you sold the Victorian Staffordshire teapot for 7,500 coins because I thought I would try it, put it up for the same amount at buyout price, and it was snapped up immediately.  Yup, people are crazy to pay such prices and I'm happy !!!! 

I think it is a good idea to upgrade the toy store....the quest to upgrade it never materialised so I was getting tired of waiting for it.  I decided to upgrade it to do that locked quest and after doing it, I got a new quest to find more stuff.  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

January 20, 2014 11:25 am  #84

lilyr wrote:

I looked at the available fountains and didn't care for the 1st one or two so I saved up for the griffin.   That was 27,000. I just looked at the fountains again and we have a red, white & blue cow!  Boy I hope that's going to be optional!

Well silly me! I just looked at the pizzeria quest again and it IS the EP for 4,000.  I don't know where I got the other one.

Tirama -- Do you think it's better to sell stuff on the weekend or are enough people plaing that it doesn't matter?

People fro all over the world are playing.  There's always somebody listing or buying something. Getting the big sales is all a matter of timing and luck.  You just happe to be online when you see an auction and people are paying sily amounts for something, you list the same item, and boom, it's gone.

Today I sold a recurve bow for 1,000 buyout.  I then was able to get 2 to replace it.  Cost?  15 coins each.  I don't get it.

This weekend was very good for me buyingwise.  Both Saturday and Sunday, there were people listing things at firesale prices and they were grabbed the second they were listed.  I managed to get 4 stovepipe hats  at 2 coins each,  several platinum items at 2 coins each,   an English Rose teapot for 50 (I sold it for 1,000) 2 Crimson Devils for 65 (just sold 1 for 1,500) and lots of other stuff.

Some people who managed to grab these cheap items immediately put them up for auction at rediculous prices (125,000 coins, are they serious?).  I held on to my goodies (except the items I wanted to complete collections) and when I see an auction for the same item, I'll put mine out there and see if somebody grabs it for buyout.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 20, 2014 11:27 am  #85

barregar wrote:

Tirama, thank you so much for mentioning that you sold the Victorian Staffordshire teapot for 7,500 coins because I thought I would try it, put it up for the same amount at buyout price, and it was snapped up immediately.  Yup, people are crazy to pay such prices and I'm happy !!!! 

I think it is a good idea to upgrade the toy store....the quest to upgrade it never materialised so I was getting tired of waiting for it.  I decided to upgrade it to do that locked quest and after doing it, I got a new quest to find more stuff.  

I'm going to wait and see if anything new comes in when I level up.  I'm more annoyed about the Red Mine problem, but it irks me to have to spend gold to get around it. 

January 20, 2014 11:36 am  #86

Wow, I don't know what I did but all of a sudden, I got quests to upgrade the photography store and the paint store....both in Dinhammer Alley.  I can't wait for the upgrades because that will mean new quests to play mini-games or find things.  I also finished upgrading the pizza place and she asked me to buy the eggplant, which I did, and received the reward.  Earlier I had received another eggplant as an achievement. 

Someone bought my filigree crossbow at buyout price of either 1000 or 2000 coins, can't remember which.  People seem to like that filigree crossbow so I'm going to sell more because I have 4 more.

Last edited by barregar (January 20, 2014 11:44 am)

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

January 20, 2014 11:38 am  #87

What is the problem at the Red Mine?  I don't see any problem.  

January 20, 2014 11:48 am  #88

It took me a long time to finish the quest at the Mine but I didn't use  gold to do it.  I didn't mind doing it either because you get to know where everything is! 

I really need to do some of the auctions things for the achievements.

January 20, 2014 11:55 am  #89

barregar wrote:

What is the problem at the Red Mine?  I don't see any problem.  

There's a quest to find Aylen's cousin, but to do so, you have to be in silhouette mode.  And people are claiming that since the Christmas update, Red MIne only plays in fast shopper mode, no matter how many trophies you have.

January 20, 2014 12:01 pm  #90

Just sold Mindy's escape pod at buyout for 1,000.  Wish I had more of them.

Board footera