Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2014 10:03 am  #811

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

Do I really have to spend 120 gold on the cat just so I can buy a collar for it? 

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

July 2, 2014 10:08 am  #812

WendyDarling wrote:

Do I really have to spend 120 gold on the cat just so I can buy a collar for it? 

If you don't buy the cat, you will have a difficult time finding the missing paintings.  Buy the cat and the stupid collar.  It counts towards achievements.  The dogs can't wear teh collar, BTW, only the cat.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

July 2, 2014 10:53 am  #813

Auction funnies.  Somebody named Loopy    bid 50,000 on Silver Tongs.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

July 2, 2014 11:24 pm  #814

I just bought my cat and it's Egyptian collar.  I renamed her "Expensive Pussy"

July 3, 2014 2:34 pm  #815

I just had a quest to find Ben's Justice and it kept sending me to the Bank in AZ.  I played it a whole bunch and no B. J.  Turns out it's not in that scene, it's in either the Binoculars or the Film.  I had to pay $50,000 to buy an Alpine Chalet to turn in a collection for a quest and immediately after the message came in that I had one one at auction for $20000.  I hate, hate, hate the message system.  I'll come back to check to see if I won the daily quest item, don't think I have, spend a lot of money on an expensive one and then the message comes in that I had already won one.  I need to remember to try to trigger the messages, but I usually forget.

July 3, 2014 5:06 pm  #816

My DQ was for the WW2 Republic of China Service Medal.  Managed to get one very cheaply.  The big event is not so big.  I already owed the flag for the antique shop, had a flag for Dinhammer Alley and figured we'd be asked to buy flags for the other two areas so I've already done so.

I keep getting the same two keepsakes in the treasure chest.  I think tonight I'll see how far I can get using my energy (it's almost at max) and play all the cities and use one of the keepsakes.

July 3, 2014 10:59 pm  #817

I am so confused.  What are the paintings everyone is talking about?  I don't have any more quests in either game as of right now and the last thing I did was fill a bow collection.  I had a bunch of quests going to the Doll place but they've disappeared.  I see people with sundials for auction and they have gold prices, but when I try to auction the same thing I can only auction with coins.  It's like everyone else is playing a different game than I am.  And where are all the new items that you collect for stars?  I see them in the auction but I've never found any in the game.  I have the latest update as far as I know, it doesn't say anything in the game manager like it does for AK.

July 3, 2014 11:08 pm  #818

wendy - did you upgrade the building next to the auction house?  You also have to go to the wharf and talk to chris.  When he leaves, a box will parachute down.  You have to click on the box.  That should trigger the new items being available in the mini games using 3 to 10 resources.  When you have all 5 pices, you assemble it and get a star.  There will be a clue on a piece of paper.  Click on the paper to trigger a quest for a painting.

July 3, 2014 11:33 pm  #819

I finally clicked on the parachute, all by myself  I'm off and running now...

July 3, 2014 11:43 pm  #820

Wendy -- Click right on the writing on the clue.  I clicked on the edge of the paper a few times and had to recollect, assemble, etc the collectible bits.  And the ART forum on BFG has a list of where you can find all the bits. (they're in minigames).  I'd advise buying the cat too.  The bits seem to drop more frequently when you have the cat.

Board footera