Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2014 1:35 am  #801

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

I see you, Wendy.  Aren't you collecting keys?  You keep sending them to me, but I can't seem to catch either of your games with the bouncing ! by your avatar.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 30, 2014 1:51 am  #802

I've been selling all my otter and porcupine stamps for 20,000 but I've run out of them.  That was before the new DQs.  Shot of Indias go for 15,000 a lot.  Having 2 games going I can buy and sell back and forth to myself, which I do, but it takes some of the fun out of it.  It's not really a quest when I can 'cheat' to do it. 

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

June 30, 2014 4:44 am  #803

If you want to just finish DQ, you enter the auction and select: search by name, ending soon and the first menu will be with great prices. Then close the auction. After a minute, come back again, write what you're looking for, and find low prices. For example, the first time Her serena highness could find for 20000, 30000, and when I re-entered  again  is 5, and I won it for  6 . If you monitoring auction then you can't see if anybody outbid you, because your list, when you bid, should loading and if you wait last 5 min. without exit auction, your bid is not having time to loading .... and I can't write any more... you all smart, and you know what I was trying to explain... and again sorry for my spelling my english  is rusty, but I'm trying to be better in writing.

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

June 30, 2014 8:49 am  #804

I had an easy one this time, the Russian Rose.  Was able to get it done in 40 minutes.  Can't believe there was a Russian Rose listed for 20 opening 40 buyout and it was still there.

Today I need to concentrate on Midnight Castle.  I'll just pop into ART to hand out keys.  Keys are now taking twice as long to regenerate.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 30, 2014 11:19 pm  #805

My DQ is the Taj Mahal stamp.

June 30, 2014 11:24 pm  #806

I got the leather cannonball.  Right now there are a good number of them out there at reasonable prices and for reasonable times.  If you need help let me know tomorrow Tirama.  I'll be going to bed very shortly.

July 1, 2014 10:55 am  #807

There are no Taj Mahals listed that will expire before midnight EDT.

July 1, 2014 1:45 pm  #808

Looks like I will just have to skip this DQ.  Nobody is listing Taj Mahals.  I've listed one and nobody appears interested in it.  Guess I'm the only person who got it for a DQ.

Got it!  Dirk listed 3 of them for me.  I bid higher than opening bid, figuring that anybody else looking for it would ignore "mine" and make a try for the otehr 2.

Last edited by TiramaSue (July 1, 2014 3:18 pm)

July 1, 2014 6:09 pm  #809

I was going to check and see if you needed it Tirama but I lost my Internet for several hours and just got it back.  Glad you got it.

July 1, 2014 6:15 pm  #810

barregar wrote:

Sorry but I have to say this...if you and Dirk are friends, why would you both outbid one another?  Why would friends do that to each other?  that's not what friends do, we support each other and help each other.  That's what friends are for.

Because an auction is all about bidding and buying and selling.  It's a part of the game we both enjoy.  If somebody feels they need an item, I don't want them to go easy on me or treat me special because I'm their friend.  He feels the same. 

We both recently saw a Worcester Plate we wanted.  It was "mine" for about a second.  I didn't even get to see my name listed as high bidder, that's how quickly his bid came after mine.  I sent a message "Enjoy your plate"  and he wrote back "Sorry.  I don't really want it.  I was just trying to outbid (name of true auction vulture) and didn't see that you had the high bid until too late.  I'll list it for you if you need it."  And I replied "Nope.  Just doing some shopping looking for bargains.  It's yours.  Next time I'll beat you."

If I had really needed that darn plate, for a DQ or any other reason, he would have listed one for me to win.

Board footera