Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2014 12:22 am  #781

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

I'm really losing interest.  I like the idea of the new daily quests but it creates a lot of antagonism.  And I think it cheats.  I bid on something and leave, when I come back there's no message that I've been outbid on the item and no message that I've won it, but I fail at the daily quest.  And when someone does outbid me I feel a bit pissed.  I think part of it is that I only have a few minutes a day to play anymore, and I have no idea what all those new items are.  I have all these food items but I can't manage to play enough to need them, and it makes me feel all stressed out that I have a full energy bar.  I do think people are weird complaing about the auctions, that's what an auction is.  Just cause you don't want to pay more than a certain amount, that doesn't mean a person is terrible for asking a higher price than you want to pay.  If you want to find a bargain you have to do a lot of checking to find it.  You either have to pay with time or with money.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

June 29, 2014 12:36 am  #782

You know, when I first started doing the auction, I would bid early and get outbid in the closing seconds.  It didn't take me 10 days to figure out that what I was doing wasn't working and that other people weren't going to change the way they do things to make it easy for me. 

Barre put that item up for sale immediately after I mentioned what my quest was.  According to the rules of the clique over at the BF fourms, that was MY item because MY friend listed it for ME to get.  But I bet I'm being badmouthed in pm's for outbidding somebody.  I really need to stay away from there. 

I've been neglecting Midnight Castle and my airship inventory is getting low.  I'll put some stuff up for auction for 12 hours right before I go to bed, but all I'm going to do tomorrow is check in to hand out keys.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 29, 2014 9:09 am  #783

Well, I didn't know that European Otter was an item that is no longer available?  Come to think of it, I've never come across it anymore...I was trying to figure out where in the world did I get it?  I only had a few but I listed one for Tirama and when she got it, yikes!! the price was settled at 6,000?  there must have been a bidding war going on?  I'm glad I didn't list all the otters that I had or I would have been out of a rare item.

Tirama, if you would like the coins back, just list something for 6000 buyout or one of the special items for 1000 gold and I'll get it from you.
I've been playing MC as much as ART.  In MC I think you're far ahead of me because there was a point when I stopped playing for quite a while, then resumed when the updates appeared with all the new areas to explore.  That made it more interesting, plus the additions of the new eggs.

Last edited by barregar (June 29, 2014 9:18 am)

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

June 29, 2014 9:53 am  #784

I don't think there was a bidding war.  Some newbie might have just bid what you first listed it for, but I think the next bid was by somebody who knew it was now difficult to get and that person hoped that 5,000 would be enough, that other people would see the others that still had low bids and want them instead.  I bid 6000 in the closing seconds hoping anybody else waiting until right before the bell would bid less.  And I guessed right.

Put it back out for auction at 5000, and somebody immediately bid 8000, and won it for that price because the newbies or bargain hunters were still hoping to get a steal of a deal.  So I made money on it.

I wanted to just play MC today, but the external drive where I have all my gifting spreadsheets and other notes is acting up, so I have to wait until DH copies the data to a new drive.  Guess I'll go play ping pong keys.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 29, 2014 10:33 am  #785

My DQ is Shot of India and the earliest one is 4 hours, next is 6 hours but for 18,000!!!

Can anyone put up Shot of India for 1 hour?  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

June 29, 2014 10:57 am  #786

barre -- Off to list one right now.

The BFG forums have a few posts saying the Auctions are wonky -- People list things but they never get the ntoice that they are returned and the items aren't in inventory (way after expiration).  Others get notices that they sold but the coins never show up.  Yet others are saying that they get notices that they successfully bid on items (one person 6) but they eithetr don't do auctions or never bid on whatever they got.

And NIGHTSTALKER seems to be up to his old tricks again.  He has a ton of bids on Mount Rushmore and a number that he has listed for a fairly high price (considering what the item is).

Last edited by lilyr (June 29, 2014 11:06 am)

June 29, 2014 11:10 am  #787

I listed a SHot of India and it went for 30,000 buyout.  I think Barre will have to do the buy and resell thing to be sure she gets one.

Lilyr, did you get your Mount Rushmore?

June 29, 2014 11:15 am  #788

I asked Dirk, and he said Shot of India usually sells for 10,000.  It does take 8 envelpes to get and people don't play Phil's mini games as often as they play the ones in Dinhammer, which give out more coins, so that makes them more rare.

June 29, 2014 12:09 pm  #789

I just got my stamp.  And Dirk bought my Shot of India -- for a mere 2606! 

June 29, 2014 12:21 pm  #790

lilyr wrote:

I just got my stamp.  And Dirk bought my Shot of India -- for a mere 2606! 

Dirk is like me and the other auction "vultures".  If there's a god deal out there, we WILL try to win it.  I'm sure the newbies passed it up because they thought you were asking too much.

I think nightstalker is the one who bought my Shot of India at buyout for 30,000.  Which is just plain wierd because he/she is selling them for about 5000 less.

I have never understood why somebody would outbid me at the last second only to immediately relist that item with a starting bid of 1 coin.  I usually wind up winning that item 24 hours later for a heck of a lot less than I would have paid if I had won it the day before.

Board footera