Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2014 11:11 am  #61

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

LOL Tirama.  I wasn't referring to you as trolling the auctions in AK.  There are 2 or 3 names that keep coming up as outbidding me.  Then a day or so later (when I'm still looking for the same stuff) I'll see these people offering the items for incredible amounts of money.  

I really should pay attention to the Auction in ART.  I have tons of stuff that I'd like to dump just to get it out of my inventory.

At the rate I'm going buying sandwiches so I can play more HOs I'll never get the buildings upgraded and the money donated in AK.  I am liking the way my castle is looking though.  And I love my Squabitt too.  

January 18, 2014 11:41 am  #62

In ART, once you max out a HO scene or mini game, it stops giving you collectibles and you only receive money and experience for playing them.  So the people who have completed all the quests and are waiting for an update with new content have nothing to do but buy and sell, and use their enegy to play HO's and build up their bank account. 

The auction achievements are mostly gold bars.  It's really worth it, IMO, to do the auction to get those achievements.  You only have to sell, win, and buyout 100 items.  Then the achievements are over.  You get credit for auctioning something when you put it up for bid, it doesn't matter if it sells.  I started off by getting a lot of cheap things at 2-5 coins on buyout. 

You can watch the auctions and grab things at the last minute for 1 coin if you're lucky.  So what if you don't need it.  Put it up for auction at 1 coin, buyout 2-5 coins.  And even if you're stuck with the item, the achievemnt for winning 50 auctions is 25 gold bars, if I recall, and I'm certain the achievemnt for winning 100 auctions was 50 gold bars.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 18, 2014 2:56 pm  #63

Woohoo!  Just completed my 20th Bronze collection and earned 2 garlic breads.   I'm addicted to this game.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 18, 2014 3:36 pm  #64

I have all gold trophies at the mine and I still get items when I play it.  I'm not sure what you mean about only getting money and XP.  

If nothing else I wish Boomzap could get rid of the Christmas music.  And speaking of Christmas did anyone ever get the gold bars for the Christmas quests?  Quite a while ago Monika said they were working on it.

January 18, 2014 3:46 pm  #65

lilyr wrote:

I have all gold trophies at the mine and I still get items when I play it.  I'm not sure what you mean about only getting money and XP.  

I thought that's what I read on the forums.  Are you getting collectibles, or just resources?

OMG!  somebody listed platinum collectibles at buyout for 2 coins!  I was lucky enough to get 3 of them.

January 18, 2014 9:40 pm  #66

Ok, I've just started on Antique Road Trip so you can add me to the list.  My ID# is 910-2039 but I'm only to Lv.4.  When I got the quest to add steps, it took me to a scene that had snow and Xmas music was playing.  I decided to wait to start in Jan. because of the Xmas quests so was a little surprised. Has it not been updated yet?

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

January 18, 2014 10:12 pm  #67

Tirama I just went back and played another round at the mine.  I got some resources but more collectibles.

Teeitup -- friend request sent.

January 18, 2014 10:22 pm  #68

teeitup46ok wrote:

Ok, I've just started on Antique Road Trip so you can add me to the list.  My ID# is 910-2039 but I'm only to Lv.4.  When I got the quest to add steps, it took me to a scene that had snow and Xmas music was playing.  I decided to wait to start in Jan. because of the Xmas quests so was a little surprised. Has it not been updated yet?

No update, but the HO scenes have stopped giving the special Christmas items, which means you will get more of the regular stuff.

January 18, 2014 10:22 pm  #69

Tee, I sent you a friend request too.

Well, I am having so much fun in the auctions.  Sometimes I think the people are not aware of what they are doing.  I saw these 5 items that would be needed to get 1000 coins, so I thought why not take one of the items and auction it for 1000, and it was snapped up in an instant....imagine that!!!  Don't they know that they would need another 4 items to exchange for the 1000 coins?  Weird.
So anyway, I tried doing that with other stuff.  Buy cheap and auction it for more, and yet people buy it.  Thanks to all of you for the tips.  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

January 18, 2014 10:27 pm  #70

lilyr wrote:

Tirama I just went back and played another round at the mine.  I got some resources but more collectibles.

Teeitup -- friend request sent.

Then I have no idea why people are paying the outrageous amounts that they are for items they could get fairly easily from an HO scene.

Maybe they are part of a group that runs a daily scavanger hunt and to win they have to be the first to buy certain items.

Board footera