Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2014 11:44 am  #681

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

No I didn't get my reward.  Maybe that's ended?  Nice timing if that's the case.  If it's still going on, I bet we get set back to zero.  Not concerned about my weekly supply of building materials, and I don't really need the cash, but the coins would come in handy to help upgrade the interior of the Antique Shop, which adds to your antique shop rating.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 19, 2014 12:17 pm  #682

I've started putting common items up for sale with low opeing bids and what I thought were silly buyouts.  SOme of the stuff went at buyout prices, and some was bid up higher than my buyout price.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 19, 2014 12:52 pm  #683

Hi.  My internet here is horrible,  it's only 1G instead of 3G speed most of the time and sometimes you can't even make a phone call, much less go online.  And I'm only 4 miles from a decent sized city!  So I can't get the update yet, I can't even get my van off the lot to go looking for free wi-fi.  I did get into the auction last night, saw all these cool things, bought a couple and it used my gold.  Because I can't get the update it's not allowing me to auction any of the special collectibles I have to maybe get the gold back.  I am so screwed right now.  My gold went from over 500 down to 162.  I sent in a complaint to Customer Service, don't know if anything will come of it.  At least I still have 100 collections that I  haven't cashed in, it doesn't affect those, does it?  I feel so out of the loop, all these updates and I can't get them.  ART is over 900mb.  I should be able to log into my free internet provider hotspot next week, though.  I'll be picking up the new laptop on Monday, that means I can start a third game of AK and ART if I want to!  That's if I can get the computer going by myself, hubby's always done it before.  This one is Windows 8.1, we had Windows 8 on the desktop, never did really take to it but maybe if I'm forced to deal with it all by myself I'll figure it out.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

June 19, 2014 1:04 pm  #684

Hi, Wendy.  The update allows people to auction their excess special collectibles but they're bought and sold for gold.

Lilyr, did BoomZap explain why the number that appears under people's avatar in the friend's list doesn't agree with the number you see when you click on your avatar at the top of the page?

June 19, 2014 5:40 pm  #685

I just opened a chest requiring 30 keys and got an orange sherbet

June 20, 2014 1:00 am  #686

TiramaSue wrote:

Hi, Wendy.  The update allows people to auction their excess special collectibles but they're bought and sold for gold.

Lilyr, did BoomZap explain why the number that appears under people's avatar in the friend's list doesn't agree with the number you see when you click on your avatar at the top of the page?

Hang on to that gold folks!  That was a glitch (selling holiday special items and getting tons of gold) and of course it's been fixed!  Since I can't see what is listed for me as a "neighbor" I wasn't aware that there was a discrepancy.

June 20, 2014 11:24 am  #687

I've been able to buy and sell gold bar items without losing my gold. 

So if you are short of gold and have any extra of the Christmas or Thanksgiving collections, let me know.

June 20, 2014 1:26 pm  #688

TiramaSue wrote:

I've been able to buy and sell gold bar items without losing my gold. 

So if you are short of gold and have any extra of the Christmas or Thanksgiving collections, let me know.

What I posted was based on a quoted post from Boomzap in the ART BFG forum.  What I meant was that Boomzap says we will no longer get gold barts equal to our coins when we sell on of the holiday items.  I didn't want people to spend down all their gold and think they could sell a holiday item and get a ton of bars.

June 20, 2014 2:30 pm  #689

The glitch gave me 11 million and change in gold bars. I've been spending a lot and still have 11 million plus.  It feels very wierd to have more gold bars than coins.

Edited to add:  Just opened my game.  My gold is now at 1.  I have 2 achievements I could complete to get some more, but I'll wait.

Last edited by TiramaSue (June 20, 2014 2:43 pm)

June 20, 2014 2:54 pm  #690

TiramaSue wrote:

The glitch gave me 11 million and change in gold bars. I've been spending a lot and still have 11 million plus.  It feels very wierd to have more gold bars than coins.

Edited to add:  Just opened my game.  My gold is now at 1.  I have 2 achievements I could complete to get some more, but I'll wait.

YIKES!! So sorry Tirama.  I just looked and mine is still at 360k.  I really don't think Boomzap should penalize players for their mistake.  If it were me I'd send a CS ticket.. 

Meanwhile I still don't have any paintings.  I've played the Toy Shop all the way through (all 4 modes) 7 times.  That's about 5000 energy and still no painting -- even though I have a quest for it.

Last edited by lilyr (June 20, 2014 2:56 pm)

Board footera