Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2014 7:53 am  #671

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

Tirama -- Click on "Collections".  Across the top you'll see Specials, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and at the right there's a purple tab with a gold something in the middle.  If you click on that you see all sorts of things with boxes under them.  Watches, toys, etc.  Not sure how to get them.  Buying the cat will help you find the missing paintings. Maybe they are missing from the museum?  I'll have to try auctioning a special.  I wish there were some better explanations -- ANY explanations -- about how this stuff works!

June 18, 2014 7:58 am  #672

lilyr wrote:

Tirama -- Click on "Collections".  Across the top you'll see Specials, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and at the right there's a purple tab with a gold something in the middle.  If you click on that you see all sorts of things with boxes under them.  Watches, toys, etc.  Not sure how to get them.  Buying the cat will help you find the missing paintings. Maybe they are missing from the museum?  I'll have to try auctioning a special.  I wish there were some better explanations -- ANY explanations -- about how this stuff works!

Thanks.  I saw those things.  Not sure where they are. I've already bought the cat.  I'm going to follow Dirk's example, and spend gold and then auction off another special item.  If I lose all my gold, I hope we get a chance to earn a lot more during the July 4th event.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 18, 2014 10:47 am  #673

I tried Dirk's example and i think it's working.  There's a thread in the BFG Game Forum about how to get those things listed under the purple block at the right of collections.  Apparently they are (or maybe were?) in mini games.  I've played the ones listed and haven't gotten any of the pieces.  Maybe it was a glitch and those aren't supposed to work until the special event.  Oh.  And I'm out of quests.  But I have the chests/keys and auctions!  But I never got the quest for the power cord in the Hunting Lodge.

Last edited by lilyr (June 18, 2014 10:48 am)

June 18, 2014 12:04 pm  #674

I just got my 20th key and opened my chest to receive...a butterfly net.

I think I'm going to go spend more gold.  We can now customize to our heart's content and speed up the customizing.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 18, 2014 12:29 pm  #675

I just played  4 binocculars mini game and got the robot chest in addition to the regular collectible.

June 18, 2014 1:03 pm  #676

Thanks Tirama for confirming that the minis DO work.  I guess I'll just have to keep playing.  At least with all this gold I can buy lots of resources if I need to.   Do you know how we get more keys?

June 18, 2014 5:36 pm  #677

lilyr wrote:

Thanks Tirama for confirming that the minis DO work.  I guess I'll just have to keep playing.  At least with all this gold I can buy lots of resources if I need to.   Do you know how we get more keys?

Do you mean to gift?  I still haven't figured out how many we got to start off with?  I'm guessing that they replenish each day.

Some people are using their gold winfall to BUY the new collectibles.  Not sure what part of the game is left to play if you do that.

June 18, 2014 10:47 pm  #678

I think we started off with 10 keys.  They seem to replenish.  Someone finally told me to click on the wharf and talk to Chris.  Then I started getting the collectibles.  I didn't even look to see if we could buy them!  You must be less than thrilled with these, though.  Seems like a lot of them are in the Botanical place.  If I remember correctly not your favorite Tirama. 

I wish our friends list could be alphabetized.  I'd also love to know how we could figure out who isn't playing anymore.

June 18, 2014 10:55 pm  #679

I'm going to give everybody about a week to update the game (exception is Wendy).  Once they update, an antique store ratig should appear under their name.  Andybody without a rating I'm going to consider out of the game and delete.  My friend list is out of control.

I've started updating the list of what mini produce what collectibles.  Played most of the 3-10 minis in Paw Paw Grove. Still have a few Botanicals to do.

You can use gold to buy the collectibles, you can buy and sell them at auction.  Haven't finished any set yet.

June 19, 2014 9:27 am  #680

Boomzap said the keys regenerate in 5 minutes.

I've finished 2 sets so far but haven't turtned them in as yet.  There's a pretty good list in the BFG ART forum about where to find the collectibles.

Did anyone get the daily reward today?  You know, the one that gives you coins just for checking in and you get a present on day 7?  I usually check just after midnight my time.  So far it hasn't shown up.  I did get it in AK.

Board footera