Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2014 11:19 pm  #661

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

I got 5 gold bars.  

June 10, 2014 11:54 pm  #662

Yippee, I got yet another barrow of building supplies.  Instead of a plane, I hope we get a space shuttle because I've got enough building supplies for a settlement on Mars.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 14, 2014 10:17 am  #663

Somehow I missed logging in, when I checked in I'm back to Day 1  Oh, well, nothing to do and nothing to use these mysterious stars on anyway.  I had lots of quests in AK but I can't play that, I have nothing to do in this one except use some of my energy every day.  I usually play a few rounds in the junkyard looking for an evening dress and I've been making myself play the glove game, I usually do #10 for the Daimyo's Reply, it's about the only one I can stand, it's all flowers.  I'm helpless at the leaves, I don't even know what kinds they are, I always get them confused.  I refer to them as pretty (maple leaf, I guess), fan, skinny pointy, pointy, fat pointy, 3 pointy, (lots of pointys), ugly(I think they're oak leaves), green, and  some other names so you can see how I have a hard time matching them.  At least with the flowers I can remember the colors they are.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

June 14, 2014 2:35 pm  #664

Sorry you're back to Day 1 Wendy.  That's happened to several people.  I'm maxed out at a multiplier of 5 (have been for quite a while).  I keep playing the HOS in order.  I should really check my collections and decide what to skip.  I keep dragging my feet on customizing some buildings because I keep hoping there'll be an update soon.  A few buildings to customize and a few more friends are about the only Achievements I can get right now.  Except the Platinum collection and I'm miles away from that.

June 17, 2014 10:13 pm  #665

There's an update!

June 17, 2014 10:42 pm  #666

lilyr wrote:

There's an update!

Here's hoping it's better than the AK update.  Seems like it's feast or famine.  Midnight Castle will probably have an update within a week.  They've posted some photos of the new material on their Facebook page.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 17, 2014 11:29 pm  #667

Well apparently I came in at the end of the update day.  The daily quests now seem to be to win (no buyouts) an item from the auction.  There was only something like 32 minutes left in the quest and the soonest any of the items expired was 4 hours.  Also there's a new area but your Antique store has to be at 1000 or 1500.  There's nothing that tells you how you get there though.  And there's a whole bunch of "stuff" (toys, I think) at the other end of the bar from the specials.  Independence Day starts in 15 days.

June 17, 2014 11:42 pm  #668

My first DQ was to buy a railway photo.  Had only 15 minutes and had to spend 99 coins to get it.  Hope those stars are worth it.

My next DQ wants me to win a golf bag.  Gotta hand it to BoomZap.  They figured out a way for us to check in more frequently.

If you click on the lawn mower, you get ONE coin.  Not going to get rich fast doing that.

Haven't looked around at anything else.  My gift was another suitcase of mini-game resources.

I'm going to take it slowly with the regular quests.

June 18, 2014 7:31 am  #669

You can find your antique shop rating by clicking on your avatar.  I have a high enough rating, but that woman still won't let me in.  Maybe it will be part of a quest?

We can now gift keys.  You have to upgrade the building next to the auction house.  For each upgrade you do, a different chest will become available.  Select a chest, and a red exclaimation pount will show above your icon when your friends check their wishlist.  Click on your friend and you can send them a key.  You can gift the same friend more than once.  Not sure how many keys you can send out each day, it's at least 10.

When a friend sends you a key, you will receive an email/pm tellling you which friend helped you.  You will want to find a method of keeping track who you sent keys to and who sent keys to you.

There's one hell of a glitch in the game.  We are now allowed to auction off our extra special event collectibles, but you buy and sell them with gold bars.  HOWEVER, the first time somebody buys one of your special collectibles, your gold total suddenly equals the amount of your coins.  I now have over 11 million gold bars!!!!!!  So auction off something and put a low buyout price so that it will be snatched up immediately.

We can now set auction times for less than 1 day.

What bar are you talking about, lilyr?  One of the counters in our antique shop?  I'm not seeing anything extra. 

June 18, 2014 7:34 am  #670

I'm copying this post of Dirk T's from the BF forum regarding the gold bars and the auctioning of special collectibles:

Be warned:
When you spend your million gold bars, your total will be reduced to zero once you've spent more than what you had before.
Example: I had 2200 gold bars; got to 15.7 milllion after somebody bought a special item from me; then I spent 120 on a cat, 20 on a dog and 3300 on Spaghetti Pomodoro. I got my 33 Spaghetti's, but my total gold bars was zero when I exited the shop.

Update: somebody bought another special item from me and now I'm back to 15.7 million gold bars. I've then spent 300 on speeding up the customisation of the new building (5 days waiting time !) and I wasn't set back to zero this time.

Board footera