Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2014 11:08 pm  #51

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

After you repair the pizzeria for Angela, she wants you to buy an eggplant parmagiana.  Naturally it's one of the foods that's not on sale.

I was able to do today's daily quest (don't know f everybody gets the same).  It was the first one I was able to do since I restarted.  Mini game 1 in the photographer's place.  And it gave me the Dashing Deerstalker for my trouble.  I then was able to get the Symbolic Stovepipe Hat at auction for around 500, finishing a collection and getting 10 glues.  Then used 1 glue to play the pottery mini game 2, got a cookie jar and finished a second collection, getting 10 paints. 

Do you remember if completing the fountain quest gave you another quest?  I think I'm going to leave that one sitting quite awhile.

You mentioned upgrading the auction house to a higher level.  Did that do anything?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 16, 2014 11:30 pm  #52

My daily quest is a 12 magnifying glass minigame that needs the building upgraded to level 5 
I thought the eggplant quest was something to buy for the antique store, forgot I bought that eggplant from Angela.    I think I upgraded the antique store, not the auction, I misspeak sometimes. 
I still need the stupid pen, and now my other quest is to get a couple shotglasses, I had enough energy to get one of them tonight.
My friend code is 800 9557

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 17, 2014 4:50 pm  #53

wendy -- I sent you a friend request.  My name in ART is anneclaire.  What pen and shot glasses do you need?

I only have one HO scene that gives butterfly nets.  I looked at the auctions to try and fill in my collection that gives them. Man! Are these auction prices high!  Much, much higher than AK's auctions.

Last edited by lilyr (January 17, 2014 4:51 pm)

January 17, 2014 6:40 pm  #54

Wendy, I sent you a friend request, did you get it?  I didn't see you accept it.

I am not going to stress myself out trying to get stuff.  I'll just take my time because eventually the places will open up where I can find the stuff I need.  Some of the prices in the auction are way too  high and I said forget it!!!!  I did buy some stuff, only if it's very cheap, gues I'm a cheapskate.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

January 17, 2014 6:57 pm  #55

I started out in the auctions by getting some cheap stuff mainly to get the differnt auction achievements and used that time to get a feel for what things usually sell for.    I've managed to grab some higher price items relatively cheaply (this morning got the warm woolen scarf at buyout for 100) and yesterday I grabbed an ionic wire bracelet for 300 and sold it last night for 1,000.

Today I did my 30 miutes of playing as fast as I can to eaarn extra coins.  Made enough to uy the grandfather clock, rug, and flooring.  Could have bought the eggplant parmagiana but wanted to leave myself some working capital for auctions and in case other quests came in.  I also leveled up.

No new quests, so I'll just use each day's energy to play HO scenes which give me collectibles and/or resources I need until I get close enough to leveling up to make it worthwhile to use another keepsake.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 17, 2014 10:26 pm  #56

I've been working on the laptop all day, it wouldn't connect to the internet, and I finally got it going.  I decided to start ART and Awakenings on it.  ART seems so weird without snow on the ground; I didn't install the winter update.  It's a lot easier and I'm getting more things in the HOs than my original game.  It seems like some of the quests might be different, too.  There was a picture of a guy that looked like John Travolta, I picked him but when I went to name my shop John Travolta it was already taken!!!  Somebody else must have thought the same as me  So now I'm Travoltas.  I'm not quite to the auction yet, I'll get there tomorrow.    The only good thing I got in an auction filled out a 15 hammer collection that I desperately needed and I scored with a buyout price of $500.

January 17, 2014 10:35 pm  #57

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the prices people pay in the auctions.  I've seen a purple Ran go for 1,000.   

3 days ago, I saw people duking it out for an ionic wire.  So I put one up for the same price 1,000 and it was grabbed right away.  Same thing happened the next 2 days; I listed it and boom, gone.

Today, people were battling for a Profile Photo.  I sold one for 3,000.  Crazy.

How did you get a download of ART without the winter update?

January 18, 2014 12:04 am  #58

I don't remember, Tirama, maybe it was already downloaded but I hadn't played it yet.  It's been a long day

January 18, 2014 1:58 am  #59

It's rather interesting to compare ART and AK.  I think ART has a better Auction.  You can hit the return button and look for more than one thing at a time.  In AK I always have to close it and then open it again.  Unless there's something I'm not seeing.  Also ART has scads of maximum energy food.  The best I can do with AK is buy the sandwiches -- which don't get you very far.  I find AK much more interesting though.

I'm beginning to think there are a few players who just troll the Auctions in AK and then resell the items.

Wendy -- do you have the same code in ART?

January 18, 2014 11:00 am  #60

lilyr wrote:

I'm beginning to think there are a few players who just troll the Auctions in AK and then resell the items.

Guilty as charged.

I think the auction in ART is an integral part of the game.  And it fits the theme of the game.  I love buying and selling things and it fills in the time while waiting for energy to replenish.  And I get a real rush when I'm lucky enough to get something good really cheaply. And a lot of it IS luck, catching goodies when they're first listed and grabbing them at buyout prices.  But people who don't enjoy wheeling and dealing can play the game without ever going to the auction (other than that quest to sell something).

In ART, you earn achievements for auctions and collections.  There no emphasis on the auction or collections in AW.  The mechanics of both games are the same, but to me, ART feels faster paced because of the auction.  But AW has the better hint companion, I adore my squabbit.

Board footera