Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2014 1:40 am  #41

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

Tirama, how did you get from level 14 to level 17 in a day?  That is amazing!!!  Any tips for me...would really appreciate it.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

January 14, 2014 10:40 am  #42

barregar wrote:

Tirama, how did you get from level 14 to level 17 in a day?  That is amazing!!!  Any tips for me...would really appreciate it.

Well, I was almost at level 15 when the day started.  All my quests were to either buy something or upgrade something, I had very little money, so I decided to cash in the keepsake I bought (when I got the quest to buy a keepsake, I bought the most expensive one which gives double the experience points for 30 minutes).  Had plenty of food, so when I ran out of energy, cashed some of it in.  Played any HO that appealed to me, got lots of experience points and plenty of collectibles.  Put the duplicates out to auction to make some more money and to work on the auction achievement.  Now I'm replenishing the gold I spent on the keepsake by working on the auction buyout achievement.

Still only have 1 quest where I can actually play something.  Another quest wants me to go play mini-games, but they're locked and to open them I need to upgrade the buildings to level 3.   That quest can sit there quite a while.  For now, I don't upgrade unless I receive a quest to upgrade.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 14, 2014 5:57 pm  #43

Thanks for the tips Tirama.  I am at level 15 now.  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

January 14, 2014 9:00 pm  #44

Wendy, when I started over, I lost you as a friend.  I don't know your social code.  Mie is listed in the stickied thread Who's Playing What.  You you send me a friend request?  I think I have everybody else.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 14, 2014 11:59 pm  #45

Me too, Wendy, can you send me a friend request? 

January 15, 2014 11:40 am  #46

I only have 2 quests, one for a teapot in the hammer place(toystore) and the other is for a pen in Portland, which takes 90 energy.  So every day I get to choose whether I want to use my measly energy doing the Portland HO trying to get the pen yet again, or do a different HO multiple times to try to get 5 hammers to play the minigame and end up not being given the stupid teapot.  I did 3 tries at Portland today and still nothing.  If Portland gave hammers it would be cool, but nooooo.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 15, 2014 2:35 pm  #47

I understand completely Wendy.  I played the carnival a gazillion times to get the cotton stuffed cutie.  I finally did.  In the BFG forums some player said he got a lot of them.   And I continue to have problems getting binoculars and film to do quest minigames. 

January 16, 2014 7:03 pm  #48

Yeah!!!  I had an almost full collection for 15 hammers, found the place to get the 5th item, the Play Poster, it was the game that took 7 tweezers,  and got it on the first try!  Then I used 5 hammers and got the teapot I needed finally.  I'm moving again

January 16, 2014 9:23 pm  #49

I'm stuck with quests that wat to buy things (the peacock fountain, grandfather's clock, floor, rug, and eggplant) or quests for areas that aren't opened yet.  I've been working on my auction achievements, only one left is the one for 100 buyouts.  Working on my friends achievements, I had 70 when my game went south.  Made it back up to 50.

I'll have to do the play like mad for 30 minutes in the hopes of earning enough money to complete some quests and/or enough experience to level up and hopw some new quests arrive.  If nothing else, I should get some good stuff to auction off.

January 16, 2014 10:44 pm  #50

I don't remember getting an eggplant quest.  I had a bunch of hammers so I used a coin increaser keepsake and kept playing the 1 hammer game in Dinmar Alley(?).  I had almost nothing when I started and I ended with 15-20,000 and got to finish all those quests that needed money.  I think I used diamonds to skip the peacock fountain, isn't it something like 14000?  Oh, guess it's gold bars in this game  I got past all those but now I only have 2 quests plus the daily one which I'm usually not far enough advanced to do.  I keep forgetting to write down my ID.

Board footera