Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2014 10:11 am  #31

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

Now I need a Reflex Bow, it tells me to go to the junkyard, but there's no bow in the list of stuff I can get in there.  I've played it twice, now I'm out of energy.  What's up?

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 11, 2014 10:40 am  #32

WendyDarling wrote:

Now I need a Reflex Bow, it tells me to go to the junkyard, but there's no bow in the list of stuff I can get in there.  I've played it twice, now I'm out of energy.  What's up?

How many trophies do you have in the junkyard?  The item may not be listed until you've reached a specific level of expertise.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 11, 2014 11:04 am  #33

That's what I'm worried about.  I finally started getting some quests after I updated the ledger, everything I had before was to decorate.  All the new quests I got had the item in the list of what was in the HO, a couple stamps, a teapot, but now this one isn't listed in the HO.  Guess I'll have to keep trying once I get more energy.

January 11, 2014 4:56 pm  #34

I finally got my reflex bow, it just appeared out of the blue.  I cobblestoned the streets of PeePaw or whatever it is.  Now I need some teapots but it tells me I have to get them from minigames that I need to upgrade a couple buildings for, so I need even more money for upgrades.  Does upgrading the Auction House do anything?  I wish I could use some of my Awakenings money.

January 11, 2014 5:21 pm  #35

Pretty much any upgrade opens up something else. Most of my buildings are upgraded but some of my mini games are still locked because I have to get pro on everything. Of course the one and only quest I have right now needs something from a mini game that will not be unlocked any time soon. The daily quests really don't give much so not sure what they are for. 

Wendy, don't forget your keepsakes in your inventory. I tend to use them when I have a full level of energy but they are a good way to build up money quicker. Also the mini games on the island with the paint, film , hammer and such tend to give more money as well. 

January 11, 2014 6:25 pm  #36

Govs, I just ended up doing that very thing.  I used a 25% more money and used all my hammers, I was getting 800, then hit another level and started getting 1200 per minigame.  I sure am tired of putting that turtle together and I must have a zillion red pencils but I got enough money to do all the decorating quest except for the 14,000 fountain, I used 5 gold bars to skip that one.  I managed to get 30 gold bars during Xmas so what the heck.  I have enough energy left to play one more HO and that will level me up.  I feel like I'm finally moving

January 11, 2014 6:48 pm  #37

I needed to upgrade a couple buildings to be able to play the mini games that the teapots are in, but I had plenty of resources and money, so I'm building the antique store, the porcelain shop, and the toy store all at the same time.  Yeah!!!  Tomorrow will be a much funner day

January 11, 2014 9:42 pm  #38

Where is the island with the paint, hammer, film and such?  I guess my level is still too low to go there.  It seems so difficult to make more money.  I need hammers to do the quests in the toy store but don't know where to find hammers.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

January 11, 2014 10:13 pm  #39

The place way to the left on the map is Din-something, that's where the toy store is, and the paint place and I think the thread.  The mini games there pay a lot more money, like twice or more of the other places.  I don't remember where the hammers are, but you can scroll through each HO and it wil show them.  Probably a middle HO.  You only get a few things from the HO until you upgrade your ledger to silver, then you get lots, so start saving 5,000 for that.  I ignored that request for a long time, didn't realize what it would do, and it really held me back from a lot of stuff.

January 12, 2014 12:59 am  #40

Wendy, thanks for the tip.  That's what I did, upgraded my ledger to silver, now I'm hoping I get lots more stuff, especially more money.  This game likes to ask us for so much money, especially to upgrade the things in our antique shop as ewll as the design elements.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

Board footera