Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 23, 2013 8:17 pm  #1

Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

People playing:

barre - playing as barre
mmiillaa (mila) - playing as Ionica
lilyr  - playing as anneclaire
TiramaSue  - playing as TiramaSue
WendyDarling - playing as WendyDarlings and Travoltas

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 24, 2013 9:47 am  #2

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

Well, the Christmas quests have become undoable for me, I don't have the amount of coins needed to complete them.  The HO scenes and mini games are still handing out Christmas collectibles, but not the ones needed to complete sets, so I'm getting a lot of useless stuff.  I'm going to stop playing and restart the game once the Christmas items are no longer available.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 24, 2013 1:26 pm  #3

I missed most of the Thanksgiving quests but am doing ok with most of the Christmas quests. Except for the one today about putting decorations in each town. I don't have the money for that . I have completed 3 of the 4 collections. 

I was completing collections quite a bit but with the Christmas stuff everywhere I haven't completed a collection in awhile

Mine says something like 5 or 6 days left for Christams. I guess it will run a bit after Christmas.

December 24, 2013 6:14 pm  #4

I just started the other day, so I'm finding out the Christmas quests are way impossible for me, if they are those snowfake things or even the timed things.  I can't play a game that's level 9 on a building I haven't even built yet.  And I'm sure not gonna give those kids at the orphanage 2000 coins or whatever it is.
I just got my auction house built but it's not working right.  Some things I can bid on no problem, but a lot of them tell me "Bid Error".  Lots of times I go to bid on something and the buttons totally disappear.  Sometimes the time left in the auction fluxuates wildly, saying auction closed, then 2 minutes left.  I have no idea what's what, I have almost nothing, so I'm just bidding on anything under 20.  Some of the prices in there are unreal.  Somebody bid 650 for a bronze cookie jar that gives 10 paints.  People are asking 7500 and more for it.  It's only 10 paints, for god's sake

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 24, 2013 6:41 pm  #5

Wendy - ART has achevements for auctions.  And you get credit for auctioning something even if nobody buys it.  So maybe those overpriced items are things people don't want to sell.  They just put it on auction for a day, it doesn't sell, it goes back into their inventory, an dthey auction it again, racking up achievements.  Another reason could be that people have maxed out the trophy on a mini-game or city.  At that point, if you replay that minigame or HO scene, you only get money or experience points, no collectibles.  So the only place you can get what's missing to complete a set is at auction.

The snowflakes are the Christmas quests, the timed thingys are the daily quest which I think the devs put in the last update to give those who have completed all the regular quests something to do while they wait for new parts of the town to be added.  They're  mixed bag, some I could do, and others I can't.

December 25, 2013 12:59 pm  #6

I got Klaus' diary and filled  a Christmas collection so 10 gold bars for me; good thing cause I have to buy another stupid pet and that takes 20

December 27, 2013 6:29 pm  #7

I've been playing  Antique Road Trip;  had to restrart it on my new computer;  glad I hadn't spent any actual cash.  I only buy something at auction if it's the last thing I need for a collection.  It's fun,  but before I restarted,  I was on level 26 and still didn't have anything to sell in my store!  What's up with that?  And how come I have to upgrade everybody else's stores  AND  the entire town?  I think they're taking advantage of me.  And does anybody else despise that little brat?

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

December 28, 2013 9:20 am  #8

I despise the lady.  She's always telling me to go buy expensive stuff.  $5000 for a door, another five grand for a parrot.  Is she crazy or just made out of money.  Spend 5000 and we'll give you a hundred dollar reward...gee, thanks alot  It sounds like I started at the wrong time but I did get another Xmas collection filled, so another 10 gold bars.

December 28, 2013 9:53 am  #9

I was going to start this game over, since I didn't have enough money to complete all the Christmas quests (and the reward for doing all of them was an increase of 500 in maximum energy!), but I've earned too much in gold bars to begin again.

December 28, 2013 3:36 pm  #10

It looks like this may be the last day of Christmas in ART.  I have a few extra "special" things:  elf boots, elf toolbox, santa shaving kit, holly boxers and tome of naughty/nice.  If anone wants them I'll put them on auction cheap.  If I can figure out how the auction works.  I read the "how to play" section but all it lets me do is search.

In game I am anneclaire and my code is 156 4087

Board footera