Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2013 10:16 am  #61

Re: Awakening Kingdoms

WendyDarling wrote:

I don't get it Lily.  The stuff should go in your inventory whether you find the ring or not, that's how mine works.  When you say the ring shows as yellow in the lists. are you talking about the list of things to find when you're in the Mystic HO scene?.down at the bottom?... when you're in a HO scene and something is in yellow writing, it means that it's not in the same scene you're in, it's in a different part of that whole HO scene, like in the tree or the house.  When things are where you are they're written in white and the red box that the words or picture is in is lighter than the boxes with objects that are in a different scene.  If you're in the Mystic HO scene and it says Sophia's Ring down at the bottom with the other stuff, and it's in yellow, you need to poke around and find a different area within that HO.  There are 3 different trees you can get in eventually, the first one is the one on the left, the other two are at the back of the scene, right next to each other.  I feel really bad for you, you must be ready to throw the monitor

Stuff only goes into your inventory if you find EVERYTHING in the HO scene that the citizens are asking for.  If the ring is one of those things, bailing out of the HO scene without finding it means you don't get those coins and stars and whatever else.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 29, 2013 10:27 am  #62

teeitup46ok wrote:

That's basically the premise behind most of these types of games (incl FB).  They start out fairly easy and fun and then the quests start coming and get to the point where you can't keep up.  They're betting that lots will spend "real" coins to continue playing or get caught up.  As long as you're content to plod along, that's ok but then I think about the games I have spent my money on and realize they are going unplayed so basically, I'm wasting my time playing these.  My free time is at a premium right now so will have to decide if I want to continue also.

If you're a super competitive person and it REALLY upsets you to be so many levels below all your "friends" that you've accepted, you probably shouldn't be playing these sort of games.  Or you need to channel your competitiveness differently, such as taking pride in the fact that you haven't spent any $$$ or that you've made it level whatever with out spending any of your crystals, or whatever.

I'm way behind everybody else but it doesn't bother me.  It's only frustrating beause I can't always help if people get stuck.  

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 29, 2013 11:40 am  #63

I got a reply from Monika about not being able to open the tree.  She said she'll send me step-by-step screen shots!  So obviously she doesn't understand my problem!  I think there was a gitch where te energy drink didn't get to the scene.  I just opened Whitecedar's house in te same scen!

In my other place (ProBoards) there is a thread about male and female puppets.  I keep getting a puppet with what looks like short dark green shorts and a dark green hat.  It doesn't show up anywhere in my inventoiry and it isn't pictured in either the femal or male puppet sets.  Anyone else have this problem?

December 29, 2013 12:08 pm  #64

lilyr wrote:

In my other place (ProBoards) there is a thread about male and female puppets.  I keep getting a puppet with what looks like short dark green shorts and a dark green hat.  It doesn't show up anywhere in my inventoiry and it isn't pictured in either the femal or male puppet sets.  Anyone else have this problem?

It's shows up in the gold collectibles rare puppets collection.

December 29, 2013 6:28 pm  #65

Thanks Tirama.  I'll have to go look at that.  I could swear that I don't have anything showing there.  I have a sick feeling that I may have to restart this game.  Unless I can get the tree open I'm really stuck.  I'll see if Monika can suggest anything else.  If I DO have to restart the game I was thinking of putting lots of my stuff up for auction although I wouldn't benefit.  But i hate o let that stuff go to waste.

December 30, 2013 4:58 pm  #66

So far it isn't looking good for my game.  Monika said that I should have opened the tree in the tutorial!  I'm pretty compulsive about doing tutorials so I either skipped it or I had a glitch.  I know I was surprised when I got the quest to visit Mystic Copse after I'd been there a bunch of times.  Monika said I should have been able to ask Blessilda for help and she would give me the recipe box (or something) that I could use to open the tree.  I'm waiting for another reply from her.

December 31, 2013 5:22 am  #67

lilyr wrote:

So far it isn't looking good for my game.  Monika said that I should have opened the tree in the tutorial!  I'm pretty compulsive about doing tutorials so I either skipped it or I had a glitch.  I know I was surprised when I got the quest to visit Mystic Copse after I'd been there a bunch of times.  Monika said I should have been able to ask Blessilda for help and she would give me the recipe box (or something) that I could use to open the tree.  I'm waiting for another reply from her.

lilyr, I think this was the area that I got so confused about.  I went out of the scene twice and lost all my energy, looking for some potion recipe or something.  Alot of the items were in the tree and I couldn't get to them.  Finally figured out there was something way at the top on the left that you had to drag down to the mouth of the tree to be able to open it up, I think.  You probably will have to start over if you want to continue playing and have everything work.  Good luck!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

December 31, 2013 9:42 am  #68

I am having some trouble with the Auction.  I don't really know how to do it.  I put something that I wanted on my Watch List, then later someone contacted me and said that they had put the item up for auction.  so I went into the auction but how do I find that particular person?  I know I can specify the item that I'm looking for, but can't find the specific person who contacted me.  I must be doing something wrong.  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

December 31, 2013 10:18 am  #69

barregar wrote:

I am having some trouble with the Auction.  I don't really know how to do it.  I put something that I wanted on my Watch List, then later someone contacted me and said that they had put the item up for auction.  so I went into the auction but how do I find that particular person?  I know I can specify the item that I'm looking for, but can't find the specific person who contacted me.  I must be doing something wrong.  

Two ways, but both require you to know the name of the person who contacted you.

1)  Put the name of the item in the first box, then with the second box, sort by seller name.  Scroll through to find person.

2) Put the name of the seller in the first box, then sort by item name. Scroll through all the items being sold by that person until you find teh one you want.

However, you don't HAVE to buy from that person.  All the watch list does is let you know that one of your "friends" ha put the item up for auction.  The same item could be available from somebody who isn't on your friend list.

I haven't bought anything at auction in this game.  The prices seem high and there's no achievement for buying or selling.

In ART, there's achievements for putting things up for auction, winning auctions, and acquiring the item at the buyout price, and while some people are asking crazy prices, other people are just happy to collect a few coins and the achievements.

December 31, 2013 11:02 am  #70

The BFG forum for this game was started Dec 11.    I just checked that forum and several people have already finished all the quests that are available in this release.  Stand by for grumbling because BoomZap is being slow to release more of the game.  Of course, these people are ones who have spent real money to buy crystals and bolgins so they could advance faster.

Meanwhile, thrifty little me, who won't even spend game currency to speed things up, is only on level 12, playing and replaying HO scenes to get the items I need, and building up  stockpile of things I don't need YET, but later on, who knows?

Board footera