Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2013 3:45 pm  #51

Re: Awakening Kingdoms

Thanks Wendy.  I know that.  I need Sophia's ring for a quest.  I thought upgrading the store to level 4 and collecting all the different moonflowers for Blessilda would give me the "thing" to open the tree.  (Blessilda's quest said she needed the flowers for a recipe).but it didn't.  I think I need the ring (which still shows as yellow in the lists) for a quest.  I think it's one of the steps you need to open Apricus Plaza.  I've been to the Mystic HO area sooo many times and have wasted sooo much energy.  All the stuff you collect doesn't go into your inventory because I can't get the ring which means I haven't finished the scene.

ETA I did successfully feed the frog (there was something in the upper left of the screen to feed to it) so I know the mechanics.  I just can't get the tree open.

Last edited by lilyr (December 28, 2013 3:47 pm)

December 28, 2013 4:50 pm  #52

Lily, I would consider maybe starting over. Sounds like there is a glitch somewhere. If you are seeing items in yellow that means they are in a differentpart of that scene . The game for some reason thinks you have opened wherever you need to go to get what is in yellow. 

A little tip to everyone. Make sure you go through your list of quests often. It doesn't register that you have done them right away if it is one of those where you collect several things. You actually have to go to the quest and click on give for each item that that person wanted. Then you will get the reward

December 28, 2013 5:17 pm  #53

I don't get it Lily.  The stuff should go in your inventory whether you find the ring or not, that's how mine works.  When you say the ring shows as yellow in the lists. are you talking about the list of things to find when you're in the Mystic HO scene?.down at the bottom?... when you're in a HO scene and something is in yellow writing, it means that it's not in the same scene you're in, it's in a different part of that whole HO scene, like in the tree or the house.  When things are where you are they're written in white and the red box that the words or picture is in is lighter than the boxes with objects that are in a different scene.  If you're in the Mystic HO scene and it says Sophia's Ring down at the bottom with the other stuff, and it's in yellow, you need to poke around and find a different area within that HO.  There are 3 different trees you can get in eventually, the first one is the one on the left, the other two are at the back of the scene, right next to each other.  I feel really bad for you, you must be ready to throw the monitor

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 28, 2013 5:30 pm  #54

Everybody want me to spend money now.  12,000 for portraits that  don't need, and I need to upgrade the orchard, the store, the pet place, and the blueprint place.  The store and the orchard bug me, almost every thing in there is diamonds, and I'm no spending diamonds and they both have the same things so I don't see the point of upgrading one of them, much less both of them.  Why are there two?  I like the game, but like all the FTPs I've played, there doesn't seem to be any point to it after awhile.

December 28, 2013 6:41 pm  #55

There is one thing that bugs me about doing the HOS....if we are not fast enough, we don't get special bonus items and sometimes only get coins...bummer.   I made the mistake of upgrading the orchard, only to find that it has the same items as the Store...what's the point then? ggrrrr, I could have saved my money but it was a Quest.  

I do like doing the tangram puzzles and the stained glass puzzles.  That is the good thing about this game, doing the puzzles gives us experience points.  Midnight Castle has no puzzles but I still like it because it's something different from Awakening Kingdoms.   I think these 2 FTP games is enough for me....I don't think I have the time to devote to more FTP games.  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

December 28, 2013 7:02 pm  #56

barregar wrote:

There is one thing that bugs me about doing the HOS....if we are not fast enough, we don't get special bonus items and sometimes only get coins...bummer.   I made the mistake of upgrading the orchard, only to find that it has the same items as the Store...what's the point then? ggrrrr, I could have saved my money but it was a Quest.  

I do like doing the tangram puzzles and the stained glass puzzles.  That is the good thing about this game, doing the puzzles gives us experience points.  Midnight Castle has no puzzles but I still like it because it's something different from Awakening Kingdoms.   I think these 2 FTP games is enough for me....I don't think I have the time to devote to more FTP games.  

Completing quests, mini games, and leveling up is what triggers more quests and opens up other areas.  If you don't do something becuae you think it's redunant, the game will eventually come to a halt.

It's a game.  Opening 2 stores selling the same things, albeit in different neighborhoods, is not really different from finding having to find a candle because you "threw away" your flashlight after one use in a HOPA.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 28, 2013 8:11 pm  #57

I started this game,  intrigued by your comments.  So far,  I like it;  the graphics are gorgeous.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

December 29, 2013 9:18 am  #58

I'm about fed up, I might put this one aside for awhile.  I just got more blueprint quests.  I need to do games 8, 9, and 10 so I need 9 bp to do game 8, 10 bp for game 9, and oh, to do game 10 you have to get 2 trophies in game 9.  To get a trophy you have to play the game 5 times, right?  So you need to play game 9 10 times, thats 100 blueprints plus the other 18.  118 blueprints?  The elusive Sylvia whatever has gone up for auction, so someone has advanced that far, but how far is that?  And I would need 8 of them.  I'm thinking it's probably better to come into these games later rather than earlier if there's an auction involved.  Then you can get stuff cheap cause others are advanced enough that they don't need it.  Guess I can just keep working on leveling up and I'll eventually get there, but I don't have hardly any quests I can do, they all need ten thousand dollars.

December 29, 2013 9:38 am  #59

Wendy - of course some people have already got there.  They've bought coins.  You're forgetting that we're trying to play it for free.  And some people have thrown LOTS of money at these games.  Somebody posted in the ART forum that hey've spent $400 so far.  That's twice as much money that I've spent this year and my money got me 44 CE's and 47 SE's.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 29, 2013 9:55 am  #60

That's basically the premise behind most of these types of games (incl FB).  They start out fairly easy and fun and then the quests start coming and get to the point where you can't keep up.  They're betting that lots will spend "real" coins to continue playing or get caught up.  As long as you're content to plod along, that's ok but then I think about the games I have spent my money on and realize they are going unplayed so basically, I'm wasting my time playing these.  My free time is at a premium right now so will have to decide if I want to continue also.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Board footera