Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 23, 2013 8:53 pm  #21

Re: Awakening Kingdoms

WendyDarling wrote:

Tirama, did you name this thread Free to Pay on purpose?  So what is that shovel in ART?  I tried to search Kingdoms auction for a cockatrice figurine but as soon as I typed cock it turned into ?!@?#, lol
The reason someone might have rejected you could be because I think it says somewhere that you can only add 5 friends a day.  The first couple days I only accepted a few, although I never rejected anyone.  Then I decided to hit accept on them all and there doesn't seem to be a daily limit as far as I can tell. 
I'm to level 16 in AK.  I've been lurking around the auction a lot.  I buy a lot of cheap things.  They don't really make any collections for me yet, but I'm banking on the future.

No, that was a Freudian typo. LOL  I've corrected it.

You can add more than 5 friends.  You can send out as many friend requests as you like using the social codes.  The limit of 5 refers to that list of random names that drops down.  And you can accept as many requests as you receive.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 24, 2013 12:34 am  #22

I got to level 15 and I FINALLY got the quest to BUILD the general store!  I've had the quest to upgrade it forever.  Maybe now I'll find pet food and blue prints and glass shards in the HOs.  I still can't get to that Apian Plaza or whatever it's called.  I don't have my auction unlocked as yet.  I do have an extra cocatrice egg but no way to get it to you Wendy.

December 24, 2013 9:39 am  #23

Lily, it takes a lot to get Aprius Plaza unlocked.  There's several different things you have to do for it.  Blueprints seem very hard to come by for me.  And then I have to give them to people, I don't even get to use them for mini-games.
I'm not liking ART so much, all the quests I have now want tons of money, pave the streets, do the fountain, donate to the orphanage, on and on.  And i can't seem to make collections in that one, either, and I'm too new to be able to do the Christmas ones that pay off in gold bars.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 24, 2013 10:05 am  #24

I am up to level 6 so far.  I haven't made a friend so far, but I have had 2 requests for friendship.  I have not accepted them or declined them yet.  I don't recoginize their names.  Is it better to have lots of friends? 

Also, How does one get more crystals besides going up 1 level and even then you only receive 1 crystal.   I had a quest to upgrade the pond and need to find certain things in 3 different HO areas.  Two of the areas said I had to spend crystals to open them up.  I spent 15 crystals to open up one area and the other area you need 18 crystals to open up which I don't have.

I am slowly starting to get the hang of some things here.  Thanks for any help. 

My user name is sunshinej on this game.  I forget where do i find my code and what do I use this code for.

i ♥ nirvana

December 24, 2013 10:29 am  #25

sunshinej wrote:

I am up to level 6 so far.  I haven't made a friend so far, but I have had 2 requests for friendship.  I have not accepted them or declined them yet.  I don't recoginize their names.  Is it better to have lots of friends? 

Also, How does one get more crystals besides going up 1 level and even then you only receive 1 crystal.   I had a quest to upgrade the pond and need to find certain things in 3 different HO areas.  Two of the areas said I had to spend crystals to open them up.  I spent 15 crystals to open up one area and the other area you need 18 crystals to open up which I don't have.

I am slowly starting to get the hang of some things here.  Thanks for any help. 

My user name is sunshinej on this game.  I forget where do i find my code and what do I use this code for.

Here's what I posted in the finish your games thread when barre asked about friends:

With the auctions, if there's an item you really want, you can put it on your watch list.  You will receive a message if one of your friends puts that item up for sale.  At some point in the game, the gifts button will work.  If it's like other games, you will be given a certain number of items you can give to your friends and vice versa.  You can't keep these items for yourself, you have to gift them.  Each friend will have a wish list so you can see who wants what.  It's another way to complete collections.  And completed collections give you rewards.

If you click on your avatar, you'll find your social code.  If you tell us your code, we can send you a friendship request.  Or you can send us one,  my code is 23 4781.    You click on the friendship button and choose add friend by code.  Enter the code with no spaces between the numbers.

You don't have to use crystals to open up things.  Using crystals is the short cut method (They had you use one early in the game as part of the tutorial.)  Areas will open up for free as you complete quests and level up.

Crystals are awarded when you level up and when you complete certain achievements.  You can gain additional coins and other resources by completing collections.  Click on the collection button and then click on each collection to see what you will get if you click the exchange button. 

Remember, this is a Free to Play game.  You can't expect to play it in long sessions for free.  Don't use your crystals unless there's absolutely, positively nothng else you can so.   

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 24, 2013 10:39 am  #26

Well.  I finally got the store built and upgraded and now I can trty to find stuff.  I have a quest to find some of Sophia's things.  I went to Mystic Copse and it said Sophia's ring was there but I couldn't find it.  I clicked on my Hint but it said there was nothing I could use there.  I guess I might have to do that Moss potion but haven't gotten that yet.  I also don't understand why my auction isn't unlocked.  I'm a high enough level and have tons of resources.  Maybe I need to complete more quests. <sigh>.  I may have to start buying resources in the store so I can finish some of these quests.  

Oh.  And I got the quest to build the orchard. lol

December 24, 2013 10:40 am  #27

WendyDarling wrote:

Lily, it takes a lot to get Aprius Plaza unlocked.  There's several different things you have to do for it.  Blueprints seem very hard to come by for me.  And then I have to give them to people, I don't even get to use them for mini-games.
I'm not liking ART so much, all the quests I have now want tons of money, pave the streets, do the fountain, donate to the orphanage, on and on.  And i can't seem to make collections in that one, either, and I'm too new to be able to do the Christmas ones that pay off in gold bars.

I'm starting ART over once the Christmas items are removed from play.  Like you, I'm too new to do the Christmas quests.  Items for collections are more difficult to come by in ART because they are used only in the collections (so far).  But there are achievements for doing the auctions, both for buying and selling, and those achievements hand out goodies like gold bars.  Once the Christmas items are removed from play, it should be easier to get the things you need (like glue, envelopes, hammers, etc) to give to people and to open up mini games.  Right now, I'm just treating my playing time in ART as a very long tutorial.  And when you start over, you don't lose your friends.  You won't be able to see them, but they'll all be there once you've open the add a friend quest.

December 24, 2013 11:38 am  #28

TiramaSue wrote:

If you click on your avatar, you'll find your social code.  If you tell us your code, we can send you a friendship request.  Or you can send us one,  my code is 23 4781.    You click on the friendship button and choose add friend by code.  Enter the code with no spaces between the numbers.

You don't have to use crystals to open up things.  Using crystals is the short cut method (They had you use one early in the game as part of the tutorial.)  Areas will open up for free as you complete quests and level up.

Crystals are awarded when you level up and when you complete certain achievements.  You can gain additional coins and other resources by completing collections.  Click on the collection button and then click on each collection to see what you will get if you click the exchange button. 

Remember, this is a Free to Play game.  You can't expect to play it in long sessions for free.  Don't use your crystals unless there's absolutely, positively nothng else you can so.   

Thanks Tirama...As soon as I can I'll post back with my code.  (My husband has this week off and we both want to use the computer).   

I feel foolish for spending 15 crystals to open up that one area.  Now i now to wait and do quests and level up and they open up by themselves.

i ♥ nirvana

December 24, 2013 11:57 am  #29

sunshinej - you can always start over.  The only time I've used a crystal was to build the town hall.  And you don't have to use one then if you're willing to wait 24 hours.

When areas open up and when quests come in depends on what level you're on and/or which quests you've completed.  and it's not uncommon to have more than one character asking you do to something that requires the same resouces.  So we're all not going to receive quests in the same order.

December 24, 2013 1:12 pm  #30

I am so not having a good day.  I was working on a quest for Captain Greg.  I had opened up the decor window while at the castle.  Just as I was about to click on the road window, the doorbell rang, the dog jumped on me, and my mouse flew across the screen and I wound up spending40 of my 49 crystals on updating Sophia's crest.  Totally unacceptable so I'll be starting over after I calm down.

Board footera