Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 10, 2015 12:15 am  #1141

Re: Awakening Kingdoms

Wow, that energy sure replenishes quickly. 
I made a big goof, I had to unlock the paintbrush minigame 13 before I could play the one I needed and I played the one that uses 13 paintbrushes, which would actually be minigame 12, so I just wasted all those brushes.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

May 18, 2015 4:24 pm  #1142

Well, it's game over.  No more updates.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 18, 2015 10:25 pm  #1143

After the abrupt closure of the forums nothing about BFG surprises me.  I just finished the last quest in one of my games, the other two are close behind, don't know if I will bother with them.  At least I got to buy the elixir before it ended.  It sucks that there's no ending to the story, it's just left in limbo.  It will be a whole different world without my FTPs. 

What makes you so sure it's all BF's doing?  BZ is happily releasing M3's games with Asian themes designed to be played on phones and targeted to the Asia market.  They've gone back to their roots making games similar to what they made when they first started.

Truthfully, IMO, the quality of their HOPAs has gone down.  The last couple of releases for the free to play games have been so invested with bugs, they needed to call the Orkin Man.  There's no way ART was making any money for anybody after the gold-giving glitch.  I think BZ wanted out of the HOPA market and into the mobile market without using BF as the middle man.

I'm really sad that this game won't have a ending and is being left in the air. 

ART never had a very strong storyline or likable characters, and since we're getting a full year of special holidays and will be able to complete all the buildings out there, I feel a sense of closure and completion.  I will have restored the antique shop and all the communities.  All that's really missing from ARTis a Ta-dah!  Well done!  You've won!  message.

Last edited by TiramaSue (May 18, 2015 10:37 pm)

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

May 19, 2015 6:03 am  #1144

well, sorry to hear that Awakening Kingdom is not getting anymore updates.  This was my first FtP game and one that I stuck with the most.  I looked to see when this thread was made and it is 12/2013 so almost a year and half.  A pretty good run then.  It just too bad that it couldn't have ended properly though.

i ♥ nirvana

May 19, 2015 10:51 am  #1145

I just googled BZ and found an article from June 2013.  It's an interview with the Senior Develoepr and even then, before AK was released, BZ was looking at the Southeastern Asia mobile phone games market and thinking that there was gold in them there hills.

So yeah, it would have been nice if BZ had taken the time to write a few quests that would have wrapped things up to some extent, even if it just involved Sophia returning and firing the steward.  BZ knew when their contract with BF would expire.  They could have prepared endings for their two free-to-play games.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 19, 2015 9:07 pm  #1146

Haven't even logged into this game since the announcement.  Not ready.

May 19, 2015 11:36 pm  #1147

I've been logging in just to get the daily rewards and the weekly gift.  I still have a few achievements that I can get.

May 20, 2015 4:08 pm  #1148

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

May 21, 2015 12:23 am  #1149

I miss my squabbit.  I think I'll begin playing again on Monday.

May 21, 2015 10:32 pm  #1150

I'll finish the achievements that I can still do (500 Dark Chest, Buy all castle upgrades).  After that I'm not sure what I'll do.

Board footera