Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2013 8:56 pm  #21

Re: Happy Birthday, stusue

Oh dear!  I fear I missed your birthday!  From what I've read you had a good one.  Hope the "new year" will be just as good!

September 8, 2013 9:51 pm  #22

yup my husband eats Marmite (the Brit version) on bread with cheddar mainly.  Stuff smells pretty strong.  It reminds me of beef bouillion.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 8, 2013 10:02 pm  #23

Hey oscar, I used to eat Marmite on bread...loved it.  I think it's like Vegemite.  There's another one called Bovril...that's the one with beef.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 8, 2013 10:04 pm  #24

Stusue,  Thanks for the explanation.  It still sounds yucky to me.  It must be like the southern US,  where you can't avoid grits.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

September 10, 2013 2:13 am  #25

Thanks for the b'day wishes, lilyr!  And don't worry, you missed it by less than 3 hours!    And wishes are always really nice to receive, belated or otherwise. 

Oscar, Barre, Marmite is like Vegemite except it's a lot sweeter, runnier and the taste isn't nearly as strong, hence I don't like it very much. 

Sandhan, yep, it looks yucky, too, as it looks like smooth, almost pitch-black tar and smells really yucky.  I can't believe Aussie kids are weaned on the stuff.   But it soon becomes something you have a hard time living without.  And it's extremely good for you, with so much Vitamin B, although it contains a lot of salt.  So, as a 75th b'day pressie to all Aussies, the company had reduced the salt content very, very, very slowly over the previous 10 years and halved it.  It had done it that slowly so that no one would notice but told us of the much healthier version when it had its 75th b'day!  I thought that was great but then wondered how many other foodstuffs were slowly changed over time with no one noticing - and maybe not always for our benefit. 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 10, 2013 7:42 am  #26

Well, I really feel like a doofus that I missed your birthday ~ so sorry ~ but glad that you had such a nice day.  Here's wishing you a year ful of health, happiness and lots of playing time to finish a lot of your games and new ones to enjoy.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 11, 2013 2:54 am  #27

Golly gosh, Tee, you don't have to feel like a doofus!  Getting belated b'day wishes just makes my birthday go on and on!    So thank you very much!  I could certainly use a year full of good health!  That would help a lot with happiness and game-playing time! 

September 11, 2013 2:16 pm  #28

Stusue,  Well,  I guess every culture is entitled to one defining,  disgusting food.  In the South they have  chit'lins,  the Scottish have haggis,  the Swedes have lutefisk.  Hmm...although the British seem to have more than one...

September 13, 2013 2:18 am  #29

But, sandhan, Vegemite is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy!  Seriously! 

What I can't imagine eating are witchety grubs and honey ants - you hold both by the head and bite their bodies off and eat them alive.

I don't like crocodile meat but LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE eating kangaroo. 

September 13, 2013 5:59 am  #30

I'm not currently a vegetarian,  but I'm not eating anything that's still trying to escape!  Guess I wouldn't make a good world traveler.

Board footera