Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2019 5:21 pm  #71

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2019

October wasn't a great month. I bought 4 CEs, played 3 Halloween games (replayed), played 2 Betas and one SE for the first time.

November 1, 2019 11:12 pm  #72

I didn't have a great month either.  I finished games:  Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties Collector's Edition, Haunted Manor: Halloween's Uninvited Guest Collector's Edition, and Haunted Manor: The Last Reunion Collector's Edition.

Painted Beauties took me forever.  It was released in 2014, and unlike newer games, as you progressed, all the locations stayed in play, so there was lots of back and forth.  I found the map confusing, and it didn't have the option to show locations where there was something to do.  I spent more scrolling through my inventory and wandering around trying to find the location where something could be used than I did playing hidden object scenes and mini-games.

I liked the other two Haunted Manor games much more.  They had a good variety of hidden object scenes and some puzzles I hadn't seen before.

I haven't bought a CE since July 5, so although I'm not finishing many of them each month, I am reducing my CE  backlog.   Can't say the same for my SE's.  

I had a PCC that was going to expire, so I used it to get Pixel Art 5.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 4, 2019 4:14 am  #73

I have finished:

Skyland - Heart of the Mountain CE. Fun, but short.
Macabre Ring 2 - Mysterious Puppeteer. Fun, but incredibly hard. The ending opened up for yet another sequel.
Travel mosaics 8 - Breathtaking Seoul. Fun! Better than the last one.
Maze - Nightmare Realm CE. Fun!
Varenje. OK. Weird puzzles with no explanation on how to do them.
Memoirs of Murder - Behind the Scenes SE. Very good! Felt strange not to look for collectibles and morphs 
Adera. Superfun!!! Nice graphics and sound. Long. Many collectibles. Large game 3,3 GB.
Travel Mosaics 9 - Mysterious Prague. Fun.
MCF Moths To a Flame CE. Ok. Fun puzzles. Only 10 souvenirs.
Fantasy Mosaics 37 - Spooky Night. Very fun!

Right now I can't decide what to play. I play some levels here and there, even in HOPAs!

December 2, 2019 9:44 pm  #74

For November I finished all 4 of the Maestro series.  I barely remembered playing the first one back in the day, but the other 3 were new to me.  My favorite one was the second one Maestro: Notes of Life.  The 3rd one Music From the Void wasn't too bad and the 4th one Dark Talent was just plain silly.  I couldn't take it serious when the sister was called Diva.

I bought the latest MCF game.  I like it enough to keep playing it, but it sure don't have the charm of 13th Skull. My first MCF game so it is special to me.  I remembered it took me 12 hours to complete.   I also got the latest Whispered Secrets game.  So after MCF that will be my latest series to do.

i ♥ nirvana

December 4, 2019 4:34 am  #75

I have finished:

Travel Mosaics 10 - Spooky Halloween. Just OK.
Solitaire of Honor.OK. Long, 200 levels. One very annoying glitch: sometimes when you drew a card it took two instead of one. It would have been ok if it wasn't for the fact that there was only one undo/level!
Nevertales - Forgotten Pages CE. Rather boring.
Rainbow Mosaics - Strange Thing. Ok. Didn't like it as much as the previous ones. Crude, cartonish graphics. Again some strange glitch: when you marked a long row, for example 8, the cursor didn't stop and you got wrong clicks!
Puppet Show- Arrogance Effect CE. Boring. Didn't even do the BG.
Witche's Legacy - Covered By the Night CE.. OK. Bad story, rather fun puzzles.
Shadowplay - Whispers of the Past CE. Ok. Silly story, tired of these dark shadows taking your daughter...
Mystery Trackers - Memories of Shadowfield CE. Fun. Very fun puzzles. Not CE worthy.
Mediterranean Journey.Ok. Straight old school HOG with different puzzles between every scene and facts about the islands and places you visited.
Wizard's Quest Solitaire. Rather boring.

Dexed Robin Hood Country Heroes CE, after 23 levels  TM. Boring!

As you can see, I haven't jumped out of my socks of joy this month 

Right now I'm partly playing  Clutter IX- Clutter IXtreme. I have played 210 levels of 1100.
It's much more fun than Clutter 1000. I don't know if Lilyr have done the beta of this one too, but some levels are really extreme 

December 5, 2019 2:13 pm  #76

November was horrible. I only replayed games. One was A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS. I hadn't played it in ages and really enjoyed it.I bought 5 CEs in November. Between the puzzles for the MCF and now the Advent calendar I think I'll be buying  a lot more games .

Anki:  I stopped buying the CLUTTER games with CLUTTER INFINITY. It took a year to get as far as I did in it and there were a few more that I might have been able to do, but I was fed up. I've never Beta's any of the CLUTTER games.

December 5, 2019 4:10 pm  #77

Well, I didn't have a stellar November.  I finished a grand total of 1 CE.  On the other hand, I didn't buy anything or use any game club credits or coupons, so I guess I can feel virtuous about that.

The game I finished was Halloween Chronicles: Monsters Among Us Collector's Edition.  I liked it.  Had a couple of jump scares and I enjoyed the different types of hidden object scenes.

I also completed the Fall Event and Castle Challenge in both of my Midnight Castle games.  Worked on some more Pixel Art and spent more time than I should have watching the YouTube channel Cracking the Cryptic and discovering just how bad I am at doing the more difficult Sudoku puzzles.

Cracking the Cryptic has just released a collection of classic sudoku puzzles, but the version that runs on a PC is only available at Steam.  (I'm not sure I'd enjoy playing Sudoku on my iPad).   I've never used Steam before and would appreciate any feedback you might have about that site.   The game is released with 40 puzzles, and each month (for the next 12 months), you get an additional 5 puzzles, but I don't quite understand exactly how that would work.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 5, 2019 4:41 pm  #78

Anki - thanks for mentioning Rainbow Mosaics.  Reminded me that I still had a Christmas Rainbow Mosaics I need to play this month.

I have Clutter 1000 yet to play.  Big Fish doesn't have Clutter IX- Clutter IXtreme yet.

I haven't bought a CE since May 31!    Don't know if I'll get anything this month.  Maybe if there's a Super Sale attached to a game I really want.  I had hoped there would be a Super Sale paired with the release of the latest Christmas Stories.

December 6, 2019 3:03 am  #79

Tirama, I actually buy more games at Steam than other sites. It always works well. The transactions are smooth. The only downside is the new Steam library , that "eats" a lot of CPU on the computer, so nowadays I don't have the autostart function on and only start it when I play the games.

Cracking the Cryptic is now on my wishlist  

December 6, 2019 3:11 am  #80

Tirama, regarding the extra puzzles, you just get them as an automatic update( when you start the game) when they are released 

Board footera