Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2019 6:25 am  #51

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2019

It's double punch WEEK at Big Fish.

Reminder:  punch card codes only earn 1 punch.

Last edited by TiramaSue (July 8, 2019 6:49 am)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 3, 2019 6:42 pm  #52

In July I finished 2 SE's and 3 CE's.

I played 850 of the 875 levels of Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest decided that I was done.  It had stopped being fun for quite a while and I was left with the variations I hated.  I could have hinted my way through some of them, but life's too short.

The other SE I finished was Magic Wings, a nonogram game.  It was pretty easy, but it had a little bit of a story about an owlet that wanted to study under Merlin, and you used the coins you earned to furnish Merlin's room.

I had hoped to get caught with the Haunted Hotel series, but when I was halfway done, Midnight Castle gave us a Castle Challenge.  The 3 games I finished were:  Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition, Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth Collector's Edition,  and Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition.

Silent Waters had a creepy scary vibe, but you're never told anything about the character you play.  You're just some random guy who has a car accident and gets dragged off to the hotel.  You have no connection to the people you "have" to rescue.  The bonus chapter is a prequel, and I think you play as a character whose remains you find during the main game.  Didn't love this game.

In The Thirteenth, your character gets killed and you're a ghost, sort of, and you have to rescue your son before he gets killed.  The bonus chapter takes place 20 years later and you play as the son who has to rescue his father.  This game had a better story line - two feuding families.

I liked Personal Nightmare the best of the three games.  You play as Steve Blake and you have to rescue your mother and sister, who disappeared 20 years ago.  In the Bonus Chapter, you learn what happened to your father.  James appears in this game and calls you his old friend and mentions how it's like old times working together.  James is at the same hotel because he's got to rescue his cousin Mary, who's there to rescue her fiancé Frank, or maybe it was Frank who was there to rescue Mary.  The game is set in 1958.  The timeline involving James is so confusing because the first game started out in the late 1800's and James's friend was a woman.  Can't remember which game in the series made the leap to the 1950's and gave James a male friend.  Like this game the best of the three - probably because I like the character James, even if I do seem to spend a lot of time rescuing him.

I'm hoping to finish the next three games in the series this month, but it will be difficult with the CC going on and the weather has been horrendous - thunderstorms just about every day.

Acquired six more SE's, so another month where I ended up with more games than I started with,  

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 4, 2019 3:57 am  #53

I have finished:

Myths of the World - Island of Forgotten Evil CE. Boring.
Dreamwalker - Never Fall Asleep. Very good!
Spirits of Mystery - Illusions CE. Fun.
Ominous Objects - The Cursed Guards CE. Fun.
The Curio Society - The Thief of Life CE. Surprisingly good.
Myths of the World - The Black Sun CE. Fun.
Wanderlust - What Lies Beneath CE. Very fun!
The Secret Order - Bloodline CE. OK, rather boring in the end, skipped the BG.
Outlaws - Corwin's Treasure. Rather fun. Old school. Short.
True Fear - Forsaken Souls Part 2. Supergood!!! Amazing graphics. Very long. It plays like a HOPA, but with no HOS. The story is still immersing. Strongly recommended, a must have!!!
Macabre Ring - Amalia's Story. Rather fun. Very difficult,Had to replay some levels over 10 times. No relaxed mode.  I'm playing the second one: Mysterious Puppeteer right now and they have added a relaxed mode in this one.

Tirama, congrats on finishing so many levels of Clutter Infinty .  I uninstalled it after about 480 levels...

August 4, 2019 12:17 pm  #54

Tirama -- I finished about as many games in INFINITY as you did. Like you, there were a couple more I could have done, but couldn't be bothered. I won't buy the new game.

Anki -- I always marvel at the number of games you finish, an I appreciate your comments on them too.

July was dismal for me. I only finished 2 SEs -- and one was a repeat.  The "new" one was VIKING BROTHERS 4 and I didn't enjoy that all that much. I probably won't get the next one (these are TM). They seemed too repetitive to me. I liked the NORTHERN TALE TMs much more.
And I fell further behind too. I bought 3 SEs and 3CEs. The good news is that all the SEs and one CE were free and the other 2 CEs were a BOGO.

August 15, 2019 9:18 pm  #55

It's been awhile since my last sign in.  I have finished new ones and replayed some old ones.

Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - Very Good.
Phantasmat: Remains of Buried Memories -  Better than some of them.  I really need to stop buying them now.  I haven't found one that comes close to the original.
My Brother Rabbit -  Loved it!
The Lake House: Children of Silence - replayed  good, but slightly dated
Fright Chasers: Director's Cut - couldn't finish it
City of Fools - replayed  I still love it!
Epistory: Typing Chronicles - replayed  - Amazing game
True Fear: Forsaken Souls - replayed - Was preparing for the 2nd one.  Still a excellent game
Myths of the World: Whispering Marsh - Okay  game - glad I was able to finish it.
Punished Talents: Seven Muses - Good - still working on it.
Dark Falls: The Journal  - tough game - I had 5 pages of notes on it.  Plus followed a excellent walkthough by cjugames on youtube,  which helped me at the end when I was starting to fizzle out.
Barrow Hill: The Dark Path - I really liked the first game and the second one was pretty good.  Nostalgic because it was in the same area as first game.

Anki: I played True Fear: Forsaken Souls part 2 and agree with you.  A great game and a must have.

Just started Dark Falls: Light's Out.  Will see how it goes.  I'm trying to whittle down my list of point & click adventure games.

Last edited by sunshinej (August 15, 2019 9:19 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

September 2, 2019 8:09 am  #56

I was dreading looking up August, since I've only been playing old games. The good news is that I didn't buy any! 

sunshinej -- There was some game at BFG recently that said if you liked My Brother Rabbit, you'll love this. Of course I can't remember the name, but I'm pretty sure it came out in August.

September 2, 2019 9:22 am  #57

I only finished 3 CE's ( Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside, Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams, Haunted Hotel: Beyond the Page) and 1 SE. (Pixel Art).  I'm also working on Queen's Garden Christmas (in the hope of finishing it by Christmas) and Line-it! : Case of the Stolen Past, a logic game that's somewhat like a nonogram.  And I completed a castle challenge in Midnight Castle, so not that bad of a month.

Used Punch card codes and customer service coupons to get 4 SE's - so 4 games added and 4 games completed.

Of the 3 Haunted Hotel games, I liked The Evil Inside the best.  You play as James, rather than as his sidekick who does all the work.  James is nowhere to be seen Lost Dreams (you play as Mark and you spend the games rescuing your wife, who cries pathetically every time she appears), and in Beyond the Page your character is address as "Buddy" by your friend James (perhaps you're Steven Blake from Personal Nightmare).   I didn't like Beyond the Page.  Although it's set in an abandoned hotel, there's no ghosts or spirits.  Instead you are battling monsters who appear to have escaped the pages of horror writer Michael Carpenter's book.  

I liked Pixel Art, which is paint by numbers for computer.  So relaxing, and some of the levels contain thousands of pixels and are stunning in the amount of detail they contain.  I have Pixel Art 2, Pixel Art 3. and Pixel Art 4 and have played the first 8 levels in each game (after playing those levels you can access any of the remaining levels)

Not sure what CE to play next.  While Hurricane Dorian is still in the neighborhood I'll probably just work on the SE's I've already started.

September 3, 2019 3:32 am  #58

I have finished:
Roman Adventures - Britons Season Two. Very fun!!!  Of course I played in Relaxed Mode 
Picross Hansel and Gretel. Fun, but as the others in this series, a lot of broken achievements (7!)
and a very annoying feature, when you mark a square with X you can't undo it!!!
Path of Sin -Greed CE. Very fun! A real whodunit without any ghosts or supernatural things.
Big City Adventure - Shanghai. Fun!
Amaranthine Voyage - The Burning Sky CE. Fun. The last in this series.
Around the World Mosaics. Very fun, but short, only 80 levels. Very fun fun facts, I was annoying hubby when I was quoting them: you gotta hear this...
Matchmension - House of Mist. Fun. Very long, 250 levels! I was recognizing some of the music and it was from the old game I recently replayed  Secrets of Great Art.I think they thought it was safe to reuse after so many years 

Right now I'm playing Runefall 2 CE and the new Time Twin Mosaics- Haunted Images. 

I was having a senior moment when I talked about Clutter. It was Clutter 1000 I ditched after about 480 levels.

Lilyr I agree with you, I don't like Viking Brothers anymore either.

September 3, 2019 6:11 pm  #59

Back when I was single I easily watched 100-200 movies a year and beat 30-50 games.  But now I have a kid, so ¯_ツ_/¯I feel like the movie part of this challenge is super easy.  

September 5, 2019 7:41 am  #60

BeJimmieDip wrote:

Back when I was single I easily watched 100-200 movies a year and beat 30-50 games.  But now I have a kid, so ¯_ツ_/¯I feel like the movie part of this challenge is super easy.  

There is no movie part of this challenge.

Board footera