Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2018 10:07 pm  #1

Prepping for Dailies to begin

I've been prepping for dailies, and now I'm starting to get a little burned out. But I have been doing the holiday room which is almost 200 event HOS. Started burning out doing them, so yesterday I used the ghost traps to get my 20 energy done. I questioned the need to do the event HOS instead of the normal ones for daily item drops. But I am trading 3 or 4 Ice Breaths a day, so it helps pay for those, and I'm only level 76, and one day I will need the coin to finish leveling.

I did do many, many puzzles til I'm green in the face trying to get diamonds for the dailies especially since the new random ones costs more than the old ones.  I use to enjoy doing the puzzles back when they first began and there wasn't many of them. I did manage to get a good collection of Winged Guard, Executioner's Badge, & Lotus Flower. If anyone has an idea of what else is nice to get a good supply of, I'd appreciate the input. I also got a good amount of items needed to open ZZ's to make Trina happy.

To increase my lowest airship item, I estimate that I need to do 6 HOS for each one. I have increased my lowest one by about 500 which works out to be approximately 3,000 HOS. It's so hard to do these HOS without working on dailies.

I think if I wouldn't have just come back to the game, a better prepping for me would be to take a break. With Christmas so close, I'm guessing we won't have much time for dailies.

I noticed a few got their gnome avatar. I would sure love some tips & strategies that they found helpful if any would like to share.

Happy Holidays

November 24, 2018 11:12 pm  #2

Re: Prepping for Dailies to begin

You probably have more knowledge of DQs than I do.
I use diamonds to reopen HOS in 5 and 10 parters but not in 3 parters. When I spend diamonds, I am more likely to get the same number of parts for my next DQ and my start of day is more likely to be the # of parts of the last DQ in which I used diamonds. I've still got about 200 5 and 200 10 parts left but feel I've made good progress since Aug 19, 2017. The more you level up the larger the waste of airship items so I won't level up until DQs are finished. I don't worry about aligning Trina with DQs but many do. The 3 inventory items you listed are the ones I usually go for. A lot of people have watcher on their wish lists but I don't know the significance since I haven't reached that item yet. You're lowest airship item will drop at a higher than normal frequency every 9-11 days so when it is dropping more frequently, I try to get more HOS done on that game day. 

November 25, 2018 12:14 am  #3

mdpetdoc wrote:

You probably have more knowledge of DQs than I do.
I use diamonds to reopen HOS in 5 and 10 parters but not in 3 parters. When I spend diamonds, I am more likely to get the same number of parts for my next DQ and my start of day is more likely to be the # of parts of the last DQ in which I used diamonds. I've still got about 200 5 and 200 10 parts left but feel I've made good progress since Aug 19, 2017. The more you level up the larger the waste of airship items so I won't level up until DQs are finished. I don't worry about aligning Trina with DQs but many do. The 3 inventory items you listed are the ones I usually go for. A lot of people have watcher on their wish lists but I don't know the significance since I haven't reached that item yet. You're lowest airship item will drop at a higher than normal frequency every 9-11 days so when it is dropping more frequently, I try to get more HOS done on that game day. 

You are done with 3 parters, and only need 5 & 10? Wow, hats off to you. I need about 200 of all 3. I never turn down a 10 parter, so it seems to keep up with my 3 parters keeping them all about equal. I did once read someone's tip to never refuse any DQ's, but some of those 3 parters are pretty nasty on airships.

I still have 13 watchers left from just playing the game normally. I forget where they come from, and I even forget which DQ uses them, but thanks for the tip. I'll keep a watch out for them the next time they show up in a DQ.

I never noticed the increased drop rate every 9 to 11 days. I'll have to keep a lookout for when it happens.

I do try to coincide Trina with the DQ, but the DQ will always win. Trina only gets airships when it's first filled by the DQ. Then I try to do all her HOS & ZZ's to get her wanting an airship. And sometimes she is brutal in her HOS requirements. 

What level are you now? I quit leveling at 76, and I really wish I had quit sooner although the ZZ's are a lot easier in the Harbor, Atlantis, and Fairy Forest. The HOS drop more items for the ZZ's, so when Trina gets greedy and wants 100 or more in a day, those zones are ready for her.  One day I will level, but like you, I don't want to do so until the DQ's are done.

How many HOS do you normally do in a day? Do you have a minimum airship supply that you won't go less than? Are you able to do a lot of HOS during events? It's a good way to make up coin & airship, but so boring without a DQ or slave driver Trina. There's only a week left to horde coin & airship supplies, and then comes the constant worry to not run out.

November 25, 2018 12:53 pm  #4

I still have about 100 3 parts to go. I do about 200 HOS per day. I stopped leveling up at Level 26. I have 20 HOS maxed out so I'm doing each one ~ 10 times per day. I've not been as consistent with HOS during the event. I won't let my airships drop below 2000 for the lowest. Thanks to doing private room HOS aggressively during spring and winter I'm sitting on 10,000 + of each airship item so I don't need to refuse Lost Pages if it starts my day. I'm forcing myself to do at least 90 minutes of the private rooms per day.

November 26, 2018 4:28 am  #5

Oh my heavens, lol.  10k of each items, wow!!! Grats. And now I really feel like a slacker. I have about 180 private room puzzles to do, and it kills me.

I'm really amazed that you knew you wanted to do DQ's so early a level. I probably was somewhere in the 50's but didnt realize the significance of leveling.

I have completed a total of 83,793 HOS. How many have you completed? I'm assuming way more than that.

2,000 of each airship item is my comfort level too. My lowest is currently 3287 and my highest is 3513. I'm lucky that I have a few friends that I can give them my highest & they give me my lowest. Thanks to the DQ group, I did learn to manipulate the numbers by sending off empty a bad ship.

Do you have an estimate time when you will be done the the DQ's? Before I took a break, I had estimated it would take me about 6 months, but that's really pushing hard I think. Now I won't really know for sure until they start up again.

You, as well as everyone else here, are an inspiration & motivate me to push on.

November 28, 2018 12:21 pm  #6

One of the things I like the best about events is not using much inventory. I have increased airship inventory by 2-3 hundred each during this event.  Only need to complete 10 part quests (need 107).  Don't really expect to complete any time soon.  I have averaged 16 per month the past 9 months. 

I had played well over a year (maybe 2) before reading that players were staying at a lower level.  So I have leveled up as the updates were released.  I do believe that Trina quests have been effected by leveling up...but those are such aspirational achievements...I don't expect to get 5000 keys.  Maybe 3000 quests are achievable...time will tell.

Last edited by BApple (December 1, 2018 5:18 pm)

November 30, 2018 6:59 pm  #7

I have completed 96,956 HOS. I started the DQs early because Silver Hawk had said something about the difficulties with reaching the achievement. After reading the DQ thread for a few weeks, I decided it would be much easier if I stopped leveling up. I've been completing an average of 4.5 DQs per day. We will lose about 90 days of DQ time between now and the end of May so I won't even attempt to guess a completion date.

Board footera