Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2018 8:36 pm  #1

Temporary Server Problem when Posting

I was going to PM you TiramaSue, but I thought maybe others would benefit when trying to post. I saw your test and am sure you are aware of receiving the server error. Do we know what the problem is?

Once you post and receive the "server error" screen, use the back arrow on your browser. It takes you back to your post. Then just click on "Midnight Castle" as if you were going to read or post in another topic and your post will be there. DO NOT try to post the same message again. It IS posting behind the scenes.

This is on PC.

November 4, 2018 8:50 pm  #2

Re: Temporary Server Problem when Posting

GulfCoastGuppy wrote:

I was going to PM you TiramaSue, but I thought maybe others would benefit when trying to post. I saw your test and am sure you are aware of receiving the server error. Do we know what the problem is?

Once you post and receive the "server error" screen, use the back arrow on your browser. It takes you back to your post. Then just click on "Midnight Castle" as if you were going to read or post in another topic and your post will be there. DO NOT try to post the same message again. It IS posting behind the scenes.

This is on PC.

Thanks for posting this.  This problem started after I had installed some updates for my computer, so I wasn't sure if it was a universal problem.   I'll contact Boardhost tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Are you seeing the word "deleted" where the info about the last post is supposed to appear?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 4, 2018 10:31 pm  #3

I did see "Deleted" next to Midnight Castle if I pull up the whole index, but I have only MC bookmarked so had not noticed before.

November 5, 2018 9:02 am  #4

I just sent a report to Boardhost.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 5, 2018 6:51 pm  #5

I just posted in the Trina thread and everything was back to normal. Funny how it only seemed to effect the MC threads. 

November 5, 2018 7:17 pm  #6

GulfCoastGuppy wrote:

I just posted in the Trina thread and everything was back to normal. Funny how it only seemed to effect the MC threads. 

I had the same problem posting in the Finish your games thread.  Haven't heard back from Boardhost, but I'm assuming that the problem was wide-spread and that they were swamped with e-mails reporting the problem.  Wonder if it was related somehow to the clocks being turned back?

Board footera