Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2018 9:08 pm  #31

Re: Halloween Event

GulfCoastGuppy wrote:

TiramaSue wrote:

November 12

Game #1
Witching Hour - took 140 ghost traps

That's a LOT of traps!

Tell me about it.

Game #1 still needs a black cat - so far I've used 153 ghost traps
Game #2 still needs a haunted house - so far I've used 147 ghost traps

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 12, 2018 11:31 pm  #32

Not sure if this is where to ask this, and if I overstep my boundaries, please forgive me.

With regards to the even private rooms, is there any reason to do those puzzles once I have enough stuff for all the new pets? Does anyone continue to do these rooms? It seems the advantage is the extra drop item to shard or sell, but is the time in those rooms worth not doing the DQ hos? Please share your thoughts.

November 13, 2018 7:41 am  #33

The new private rooms give 250 coins when maxed out so if you need coins, they're a good way to get them. I do a round of the castle and then private rooms while the castle cools down then another round of the castle. My game has been kept at a low level because it is much easier to complete DQs so I only have the castle and part of the town. 

November 13, 2018 7:52 am  #34

Tannie I'm sure we all do it slightly differently. The Fall rooms provide massive coins also once they are maxed out.

Personally I still do the first 16 HOS in the Castle, then the Harbor, Atlantis, Fairy Forest, the East and Bone Kingdom. I still have some Blue Key quests set up for those original most needed DQ items (key, torch, rune stone etc).  The remaining "spare" BK quests I use when Trina wants ZZs.

I WILL do the Fall rooms for a change of scenery and keep a few event inventory for gifting or sharding. But buying the Ice Breath and swapping it with friends has been better for keeping up with Trina's shards.

November 13, 2018 8:51 am  #35

I played the Halloween HOS until they were at max level (22 items to find) because it gave me some spares in case those parts are needed to craft something next year and because finding I could complete them a little faster (less items to find when they haven't been maxed out) and therefore complete a few more HOS in the same amount of time.  Since I'm playing 2 games, using my time as efficiently as possible matters a lot to me.

Like GulfCoastGuppy I play the first 16 HOS in the Castle, then play some scenes from the areas she's listed.  Also on my play list is the first 2 scenes in the Dark Tower and the last 5 scenes opened in Cloud City.  I play for about 30 minutes in one game, then switch to the 2nd game and do the same.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 13, 2018 5:16 pm  #36

November 12
... the final unique black cat fell on the 132nd ghost trap.
     Very Superstitious Achievement/Avatar collected

November 13
...the final unique Witch fell on the 143rd ghost trap. 
     Witching Hour Achievement/Avatar collected

So the three final unique items fell on 145/132/148...wondering if this is coincidental?

November 13, 2018 7:56 pm  #37

I would so love to swap Ice Breath if anyone wants to add me as a friend.

Game name: Tanee
Friend Code: 601436

And thank you everyone for your very helpful comments.

Grats BApple on your final fall drops & achievements.

November 13, 2018 8:04 pm  #38

mdpetdoc wrote:

The new private rooms give 250 coins when maxed out so if you need coins, they're a good way to get them. I do a round of the castle and then private rooms while the castle cools down then another round of the castle. My game has been kept at a low level because it is much easier to complete DQs so I only have the castle and part of the town. 

My game is low level too, although not as low as I wish it were. Right now I am level 76. I'm going to keep track of the airship for awhile to see the difference between what it wants from me and what it wants from higher levels. I'll post my findings on the forum that I saw discuss that topic.

November 13, 2018 8:14 pm  #39

Wow BApple and TiramaSue on your new ghost(trap) numbers. I guess I got off extremely lucky. My final numbers were...

Haunted Houses-51
Witches-57
Black Cats-68

November 15, 2018 6:45 pm  #40

Nov 15

Game #1
Very Superstitious - level 3 - used 179 ghost traps

Board footera