Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2018 6:22 pm  #11

Re: New versions of old DQ's

The more I think about the change to the DQ's, the angrier I get.

I have no way of knowing whether I should work a new version DQ because I don't know ahead of time whether it will mess up my blue key people. 

Yet another case of be careful what you ask for ("new" DQ's), because you may get it  (but not in the form which you want it.)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 22, 2018 7:33 pm  #12

Just got Inspiration and it was new.  I'm at Level 80Inspiration (New Version)
1.  Guardian’s Chest x1,  Cloudy City Customs x1, Fortune Wheel x2
2.  Ancient Scrolls x1, Dark Ambom x1, Airship (220)
3.  Antique Globe x1, Manipulator x1, Feed Pet (12)
4.  Paper Lantern x1, Mysterious Cube x1, Craft x1
5.  Alchemic Converter x1, Cauldron x1, Dice Game x2

September 22, 2018 7:35 pm  #13

I don't believe it. 

Game #2 received Something New.

1:  Statue in the Thicket,    Dice 1,                       Mountain Heart
2   Reading Couch,                  Fortune wheel 1              Passenger Car
3  Reading Couch (again!),               Dice 1,                       Shallow Waters

This is so unfunny.

I guess upper level players can take Three Day, Lost Pages, Special Interest, Inspiration, Helping Hand, Another Potion, Rare Editions,  Soemthing New, and What's Going On and everywhere a specific hidden object scene is listed, replace it with "Random HOS" and replace every specific zoom zone with the words "Random Zoom Zone".

I thought the reason why the 3 newer DQ's had no repeating areas was so that people who didn't have entire days to devote to playing MC still had a shot at completing some 10-part DQ's in a reasobale amount of time.  Obviously I was wrong, because now it's possible for SOmething New to take up to 9 hours if you only want to use diamonds to call back the airships.

Of course, since I'm saddled with a game whose random whatever generator defies the realm of probability, I may be teh only person seeing the same HOS appear in back-to-back parts of the DQ's.

Last edited by TiramaSue (September 22, 2018 7:50 pm)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 22, 2018 7:40 pm  #14

So there are at least 3 versions of Something New.

September 22, 2018 7:51 pm  #15

mdpetdoc wrote:

So there are at least 3 versions of Something New.

No, I think there are just two:  the old one, and the new one where the HOS are randomly selected.

September 22, 2018 7:51 pm  #16

I don't believe it. 

Game #2 received Something New.

1:  Statue in the Thicket,    Dice 1,                       Mountain Heart
2   Reading Couch,                  Fortune wheel 1              Passenger Car
3  Reading Couch (again!),               Dice 1,                       Shallow Waters

September 23, 2018 2:19 pm  #17

I've stopped writing down where the new versions send me since the next time the DQ shows up all the locations will again be different, but so far, I'm being sent to pricier zoom zones with the random version of Helping Hand. 

September 24, 2018 2:00 pm  #18

I just received the random version of Rare Editions for the second time today. 

Unhappily, I will have to pass this DQ because in part 2, instead of needing a Rune Stone to open the Stone Gargoyle, a Forged Key to open the Rock Garden, and a Winged Amulet to open the Astral Lamp, my quests expects me to:

use 3 Tower Keys,  3 Openers of Doors, and 3 Unicorn Paths to open the Old Chest (possible rewards:  Unique Food or a Plain Stamp, be still my heart);

use a Strength Test, a
Heavy Sigh, and a Scream of Suffering  to open the Iron Maiden

use a Whims of Fate, 2
Sands of Eternity, and 2 Polestars to open the Brewing Machine

That's 17 inventory items to complete 1 part of a DQ!!!!!!!!  The original Rare Editions only required 16 inventory items for the entire DQ.

September 26, 2018 7:11 pm  #19

Oh, I do not like this Sam I am . I've only received the old version of Ancient Picture (only completing part for the first day's CC) but reading over the posts it seems that the random HOSs and ZZs are truly that. And I am very, very unhappy about Rare Editions.

Even though I have the 3 and 5 part achievement, I don't usually pass on any DQ that I didn't pass on before. I like structure and goals; but now I don't know how to proceed. I'm going to have to start playing the puzzles more for diamonds, that's for sure.

October 5, 2018 10:49 am  #20

October 5- WOW so far...Special Interest began normally with 3 visits to 2 random HOSs plus feed pets X15. Part 2, however, instead of Bow Figurine or something of equal or more inventory, only requested the Tomb Marker which requires 2 single pieces of inventory, plus 3 visits to 2 random HOSs. Part 3 should be a breeze.

Board footera