Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 21, 2018 7:52 pm  #1

New versions of old DQ's

Something New

1      Statue in the Thicket,    Dice 1,                       Mountain Heart
2      Armour and Banners,    Fortune wheel 1,       Scroll Storage
3      Warden's Hut,               Dice 1,                       Mosaic Birth of Atlantis
4      airship - 120 wheels,    Skeleton in Hanging Gardens,       Fire Fountain
5      Summer Garden,          Dice 1,                       Theater Cloakroom
6      Mirror Nave,                 Craft 1,                        Skeleton in Hanging Gardens
7      Rock Tree,                   airship - 150 wheels,   Collapsed Wall
8      Grand Altar,                 Pets - 10,                     Fabric Counter
9      Tent,                            Fortune wheel 1,          Fabric Counter
10    Gingerbread House,    Confessional,               Flying Boat

Last edited by TiramaSue (September 22, 2018 12:48 am)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 21, 2018 9:43 pm  #2

Re: New versions of old DQ's

LvlSlgr says Another Potion has changed as well but didn't say how.
Nona says 
I am on lvl 64 and got the old DQ of Another Potion while lvlslgr at max got the new one.

Last edited by mdpetdoc (September 22, 2018 6:00 am)

September 21, 2018 10:51 pm  #3

Part 1 of Three Days hasn't changed.  I have no intentions of playing it to see if parts 2 and 3 have changed.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 22, 2018 6:00 am  #4

Version of DQ now appears Level Dependent
From AEG THE DAILY QUESTS HAVE BEEN REWRITTEN..... I got 3-part Lost Pages and it has been changed as follows:1. Dice (3x), Armory (in Harbor) (3x),Leather Bag (1x)
2. Wall Clock (1x), Airship (x240), Hat Box (1x)
3. Fortune Wheel (x3), Unique Dishes (3x), Frog Pond (3x)It appears that the rewards are the same, as I got 100 coins, 3 medallions, and 1 HOS item for each part. However, I did not complete the final part, so I don't know if the reward chest is still Gold.
Dot posted My level 37 game got Lost Pages - the old Lost Pages.

Last edited by mdpetdoc (September 22, 2018 9:57 am)

September 22, 2018 8:41 am  #5

mdpetdoc wrote:

Version of DQ now appears Level Dependent
From AEGTHE DAILY QUESTS HAVE BEEN REWRITTEN..... I got 3-part Lost Pages and it has been changed as follows:1. Dice (3x), Armory (in Harbor) (3x),Leather Bag (1x)
2. Wall Clock (1x), Airship (x240), Hat Box (1x)
3. Fortune Wheel (x3), Unique Dishes (3x), Frog Pond (3x)It appears that the rewards are the same, as I got 100 coins, 3 medallions, and 1 HOS item for each part. However, I did not complete the final part, so I don't know if the reward chest is still Gold.
Dot posted My level 37 game got Lost Pages - the old Lost Pages.

This is not good.  The developers have changed what is not broken, left the same the parts that are problematic (airships, especially in 3-part and 5-part DQ's;  the fact that the "new" 5-part DQ's, such as Helping Hand, require much more - airships and playing dice - than the "old" DQ's, such as Birth of Goo, for the same reward).

So now when a player levels up, here's no way to know if all the requirements for the DQ's are going to change.  And I doubt we will receive any clarification from the developers and/or Big Fish.  The Facebook page hasn't been updated since Sep 18.  So they released an update, but don't think people should be alerted to that fact.

September 22, 2018 8:43 am  #6

I'm working on In the Service of the Record Keeper.  Part 1 has not changed.  Maybe they only mucked about (so far) with the 6 "new" DQ's.

Part 2 remains the same.

Last edited by TiramaSue (September 22, 2018 9:55 am)

September 22, 2018 1:18 pm  #7

I was excited when I saw a ghost trap when crafting.  Knew that meant a fall event would come soon.  I play on Kindle so will hopefully get the update soon.

September 22, 2018 4:00 pm  #8

Well, the theory that the DQ's are tied to level just flew out the window.

My first DQ was a new version of Something New.  My 3rd DQ today is the OLD version of Something New.  Who the heck thought that this change was a good idea?????

September 22, 2018 4:05 pm  #9

TiramaSue wrote:

My first DQ was a new version of Something New.  My 3rd DQ today is the OLD version of Something New.  Who the heck thought that this change was a good idea?????

That's going to be a problem for planning. 
Were the rewards the same?

September 22, 2018 5:45 pm  #10

mdpetdoc wrote:

TiramaSue wrote:

That's going to be a problem for planning. 
Were the rewards the same?

Yes, both versions gave the same amount of coins per part, same color chest upon completion.  

I do wonder just how many versions of each DQ are out there.

Board footera