Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2018 7:06 pm  #1

Another mini event!

Once again, it's morphs. 

Collect morphing objects

Personal goals/rewards
20 morphs/10 coins
50 morphs/50 coins
150 morphs/100 coins

Global goal/reward
PC - 2,500,000 morphs/15 unique stamps
iOS - 4,000,000 morphs/15 unique stamps
Android - 1,500,000 morphs/15 unique stamps

PC players have to collect 500,000 more than last time.  Global goal for iOS remains the same.

Last event, there were 8,850 participants.  People need to do more than their personal goal in order for the PC players to reach the global goal.

Want to add that the event is THREE days, not two days.  The first day the countdown will show 2 days left.  When GMT midnight rolls around, the clock will countdown from 48 hours.

Last edited by TiramaSue (August 8, 2018 4:58 pm)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 7, 2018 7:35 am  #2

Re: Another mini event!

Quite peeved by a repeat of the last mini event and the increased goal.

This is the 3rd mini-event that we have been given 3 days to complete.

In the 1st, the goal for PC players was 1,000,000 morphs.  Goal was made rather early (players were under the impression that they only had 2 days to get the job done) and 9,441 players participated.

In the 2nd, the goal was increased to 2,000,000 morphs.  Goal was made early, though not as early as in the previous event, and again, many players were under the impression the event was only 2 days long.  A total of 8,850 players took part.

Now the goal is 2,500,000 morphs.  I have no doubt that the PC players will succeed, but I am concerned as to how our success will after the next mini-event.  If it's once again morphs, will we have to complete 3,000,000? 

Worse, if the task is different, will our goal in comparison to the other platforms be based on the number of players, or will it continue to climb based on our performance collecting morphs?

If all mini-events will now consist of collecting morphs, could we at least play for different prizes each event?  

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 7, 2018 9:42 am  #3

I have to agree about being disappointed that this mini event is a repeat. Why not jump right into HOSs? I noticed the enthusiasm for this one dropped dramatically.

I don't see the goal for PC going up again (hopefully), especially if it is based on participation, which has waned already. Delphi forum members had a side game going rewarding high valued eggs for top numbers over the personal goal. It got new players participating more.  

The first set of mini events were about 2 weeks apart so I am still hoping we will get another with a different goal and reward. However, I know I will eventually see the same grumbling and non-participation if that goal is "too hard" in the eyes of a few. THAT ticked me off more than the goal of sending airships. No matter how many times you, TiramaSue, explained the math, it didn't make a dent. IMO

Really, really, really wish there was something for veteran players to achieve.

August 7, 2018 10:01 am  #4

GulfCoastGuppy wrote:

I have to agree about being disappointed that this mini event is a repeat. Why not jump right into HOSs? I noticed the enthusiasm for this one dropped dramatically.

I don't see the goal for PC going up again (hopefully), especially if it is based on participation, which has waned already. Delphi forum members had a side game going rewarding high valued eggs for top numbers over the personal goal. It got new players participating more.  

The first set of mini events were about 2 weeks apart so I am still hoping we will get another with a different goal and reward. However, I know I will eventually see the same grumbling and non-participation if that goal is "too hard" in the eyes of a few. THAT ticked me off more than the goal of sending airships. No matter how many times you, TiramaSue, explained the math, it didn't make a dent. IMO

Really, really, really wish there was something for veteran players to achieve.

Anything that requires players to part with their "precious inventory" is doomed to fail.  I'd love to see a mini-event asking us to complete PARTS of a DQ, or to open zoom zones.  If the personal rewards were something other than coins or stamps, I might not even care if the global goal was met.

Wish we would get some new achievements.  Assemble x amount of puzzles (assembling puzzles would also work for a mini-event), guess which hand correctly x amount of times, complete x amount of blue key quests.

Not going to knock myself out with this mini-event.  My Trina quests take priority.  And when I get to the point that I need to wait for the next day before I can continue with Trina, I'm going to rest my arm.  I've already done 200+ hidden object scenes.

August 8, 2018 3:26 pm  #5

Android goal 1500000

I am getting a late start on this as well.  Have my personal contribution...doubt I will do as many extras.  Android global goal a little over half way.

October 21, 2018 6:26 pm  #6

I accidentally clicked on the mini event icon and I was surprised to see that the number of participants is now displayed.  Wonder if it means another mini-event is coming our way?

PC - # of participants was 8,609
iOS - # of participants was 15,464

October 22, 2018 9:41 am  #7

It was displayed prior to the CC.

Board footera