Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 25, 2013 3:50 pm  #31

Re: Group Play for Apothecarium - August 24

Congratulations to  barre and Noelle for finishing.  I am about a hour into it.  Game is really neat so far, I like it.  Has anyone bought anything from the store.  The store mentioned match 3...where is that at?  What is the surprise box?  I have two of them right now.  Well I have some more time now so going back in.

i ♥ nirvana

August 25, 2013 4:16 pm  #32

Okay I discovered that I could play Match 3 instead of finding the object. However, just to "find" one object I was playing it for a ridiculously long time. After a good 10 minutes of playing Match 3 I gave up. 

ETA - ok I tried again and finally the magnifying glass showed up and could be dropped to "find" the object. The first time I played it there were no magnifying glasses to be found. I can finally continue. Don't think I really like this game. There was one point where I had three in a row and it wasn't recognizing that I had matched three in a row. I had to fiddle around with them to get it to recognize.

Last edited by misscatlady2453 (August 25, 2013 4:29 pm)

August 25, 2013 5:24 pm  #33

sunshine, the surprise boxes contain either extra hints or extra coins.  To open them, just bring it out and place it anywhere on the screen and the box will open and reveal what is inside it.  You can do this anytime and anywhere you like.  The match 3 games are in the hidden object scenes, if you can't find the object, just play the M3 instead.  It is located at bottom left side.  Just make matches to let the magnifying glass drop out at the bottom.

misscatlady, for the M3 game, the objective is to make matches so that the magnifying glass drops to the bottom.  It doesn't matter whether you make 3 in a row or 4 in a row, or how many matches you make, the objective is to make the magnifying glass drop down, that's all.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 25, 2013 5:41 pm  #34

Barregar - I know that. I was saying that it took forever for a magnifying glass to show up in the game. The first time I played for a good 10 - 15 minutes and it never showed up. The second time I played it came up pretty quickly. So, no idea what happened.

August 25, 2013 6:15 pm  #35

misscatlady, I have no idea too.  I did play the M3 sometimes and usually it's when I couldn't find the last item, then I switch.  I do get the magnifying glass to appear pretty quickly so sorry, I have no answer why it is taking so long in your game.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 25, 2013 10:21 pm  #36

I had the same issue as misscat on the match 3 when I tried it out.  I was 8 minutes in of continual matches before a magnifying glass appeared.  Second time when I needed one item it appeared quickly, third time it took 4 minutes before one showed up.  I've given up on that,

So far it isn't a bad game just not one I'd rave over.  It does have some of the puzzles that I quite like so that's a plus.  I just shot down the ballon.  I've played for approx 2 hours in total, grabbing all the chests and coins I find. I do find the formulas a little hard to read, the drawings on them are not that crisp.  I am still having an issue with the HO scenes.  Having to click and reclick on the same item multiple times until it finally takes it.  I hope there wasn't an achievement for no misclicks.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 26, 2013 6:41 am  #37

barre...I see the match 3 now and thanks for explaining about the surprise box.  That's kind of neat...like getting a present.  I remember playing Phantasmat.  You could also switch between the HO and match 3.  Often times the match 3 would just take too long and got boring I just stayed with doing the HO.

i ♥ nirvana

August 26, 2013 9:12 am  #38

Thought I would just check in ~ I actually started this on Friday as I knew I would be gone most of Saturday.  Left at 8:30am and got back at 9:00pm so was pooped and then yesterday, took cupcakes to my mom at rehab for her birthday today (less going on and had Dad).

I'm guessing I'm about halfway through, playing Friday and some yesterday.  I kinda like it but was stumped as how to do two of the puzzles (couldn't find any info) and forgot about the WT I had DL.  Have used the hint a couple of times but just when I think I'm stumped, I surprise myself and figure it out.  I don't think I would actually call this a true LFG as it has HOS and seems more like a HOPA than anything.  I will probably be playing off and on this week as it is a busy one, being end of month of two of my forum challenges and stuff I need to do for my folks.  Will keep checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

August 26, 2013 11:22 am  #39

I am just now getting back to it from early yesterday afternoon; I think I am about half way, or a little further through. I have accidentally found that if you click  the green thing (something in that area) during a puzzle it gives you a little info on what the objective is. I have also had problems with a match not being recognised, but as soon as I make a match anywhere else it is. There is also a little lantern that will pop up, if you click it (move quick or it will auto pick for you) then click an item you want destroyed (that stubborn one underneath the magnifying glass) it will destroy it.
I bought a m3 tile demolisher in the store, but don't know how to use it.
I like the game, little glitchy here and there though.
I am in the square right now, and one of the two coins per scene is located at the base of the main statue, I can't get it yet, it exits me out of the scene if I try to click that area.

******Update******
I had just bought the blast potion for the m3 from the store when I posted this. I still have not been able to find the potion to use when playing the m3, and my lantern has not shown up since I purchased the potion; I'm wondering if purchasing something disables the built in lantern.

Last edited by mcq (August 26, 2013 1:04 pm)

August 26, 2013 5:06 pm  #40

Hmm, I am sad, but this game is really not my "thing"....
Its ok, as I got it for about 5$ during one of BF sales, so no biggie...
So you can take my name off...thanks!

Board footera