Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 25, 2013 12:19 am  #21

Re: Group Play for Apothecarium - August 24

Congratulations, Noelle, on finishing so quickly.

I am going to stop for the night and finish it off tomorrow. 

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 25, 2013 12:26 am  #22

I started playing today, but I'm a long long way from finishing. This isn't my normal kind of game, which makes it fun to do as a group play because I wouldn't play it ordinarily.

I do find this type of game pretty difficult, which is partly why I don't play them more. (Of course, I'm sure if I played them more they'd get easier ). I'm never clear on what I'm supposed to do next, which I guess is the point.

Anyway, I visited I think 3 locations and then got a little stuck and stopped for the day. I'll play a little more tomorrow.

August 25, 2013 12:31 am  #23

I can't honestly say I'm enjoying this game very much.  This is actually the first game I have had to turn the sound off, the music was grinding my nerves.  In some of the HO scenes I've had to click on the item 3 or 4 times before it finally takes it.  And while the morphing objects are a nice touch in the HO scenes they are giving me a headache with the constant flashing.  It feels kind of like you are thrown in with the story being find the child and her mom, and then there is the madman to contend with.  Who he is I have no idea.  The first time and item said you've received a quest item I thought, oh I didn't know I was on a quest.  Things just seem a little random to me.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 25, 2013 12:37 am  #24

Hi jen, the map should be helpful because it indicates where there is something to be done.  The only thing I didn't like about it is that it's located in the journal, which makes it so inconvenient, having to open the book and then click on the map. The more you progress you will find that it has lots and lots of locations.  I really like that.  

Now you have me curious, if HOGs are not your usual type of game then what is?  M3? TM? 

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 25, 2013 10:30 am  #25

Congrats on finishing Noelle, and good morning to all.
I only played about 1/2 an hour last night, so I've not even scratched the surface.

August 25, 2013 12:21 pm  #26

Noelle wrote:

I just finished it.  At least, I think I did, as it crashed at (near?) the end, and when I tried to go back in, it told me the current game was completed.  I don't know what the rule on spoilers in here is, since people are still playing the game, but can someone who has completed it pm me with the end, so I'll know if I actually completed it or not?

It was an ok game for me.  Loved the puzzles, and the morphing objects was a cool idea, but didn't always work, as after I clicked on the object I needed, the other thing it morphed into kept blinking in and out of the screen (happened in 3 scenes, I think).  It was very strange.

I'm so sorry some of you don't seem to be enjoying it like I did. I absolutely loved it! Obviously we have very different tastes. I had absolutely no problems or glitches whatsoever when I played it.

Noelle, if you want to check out the walkthrough at BFG to see if you have actually finished, here's the link:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/apothecarium-the-renaissance-of-evil-walkthrough/#7

If you have finished it ...

CONGRATULATIONS, Noelle!

I hope those still playing enjoy it and I certainly hope you don't all regret playing it once you've finished.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 25, 2013 12:53 pm  #27

barregar wrote:

You know something guys....I don't think this is a very long game.  It's not really an Adventure game because there are lots of hidden object scenes.  I have played for about 2-1/2 hours and if I stick to it tonight, I am pretty sure I will finish it.  One thing I do like about the HOS, the objects morph and you click on it when it is the item that you are looking for...quite innovative.  

If I really finish it tonight, or even tomorrow, I am going to suggest a new group play because this one is too easy.  Everyone should be able to finish it by tomorrow. 

Hi Barre! Do you really think it's too easy? Wow, I sure didn't. But what level are you playing on? I played on the hardest level with no black bar hints and no walkthrough (there wasn't one available anywhere when I played it) and I certainly didn't find it easy. Nor did I find it short.

I bow to the master!

And I didn't get all the achievements. I think I missed out on one and from what I read today I think that maybe that one was for using no hints at all in the game! Oops.

August 25, 2013 2:16 pm  #28

Wow, it sure has taken me awhile but I've just managed to get my Windows Media Player to play .ogg files!!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! That means that I can now play all the music from Apothecarium! It's amazing music and I sure didn't realise how many different pieces there were! I can now also play all the other music from other games that I've downloaded but couldn't play because they're .ogg files. I am SO happy right now!

August 25, 2013 3:14 pm  #29

I just finished the game....yippee.  I really enjoyed it.  I loved the clear graphics, especially in the HOS, really colorful although some were a bit crowded.  I loved that it had so many locations. I shall not comment too much since others are still playing.  

Sue, I am no master, I played on Casual mode.  You are the true master since you finished it in Hardcore mode.  I didn't look at the walkthrough at all.  I got all the achievements except for the one in the centre top shelf, second one from the left.  I don't know what that one is for.  

August 25, 2013 3:46 pm  #30

I just tried starting Apothecarium and I got to the first hidden object scene and I can't continue. I got all the objects except one...dice...and I can't find it. I tried the hint button but it apparently doesn't work in the hidden objects scenes because nothing happened. I tried twice. I have no idea what to do.

Board footera