Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2018 8:16 pm  #71

Re: Castle Chit Chat

TiramaSue - Feel better and take care of yourself.

May 31, 2018 2:43 pm  #72

Headaches are better, but my scalp is very tender.  It's hurts to comb my hair.  I'm longing to shampoo my hair, and I need to color it, but who knows how long it will be before I can do that?

It's been over a month since the last CC ended.  No sign on Facebook that an update is coming soon. 

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 31, 2018 6:47 pm  #73

TiramaSue so glad your headache is better!

June 2, 2018 10:14 am  #74

Just venting...

Getting frustrated with game 1. Only 2 DQ's completed in 6 days. When I do get a decent DQ - ALL my airships are 303 and higher and it has cost a fortune to get them under 300. Last DQ with airships I resorted to sending a 294 airship after spending 24 diamonds on recalling it. The next airship did come in at 279.

I'm trying to hang in there and do what I can but it's getting BORING doing just a few (if any) DQ's and not actually playing the game and keeping up with the story line. And for what... a couple of achievements? Achievements I'd like to not take 3 or more YEARS to complete? Two years is fine, I'm ok with that. But at the rate game 1 is going this is going to take FOREVER.

No need to respond to this post. I just needed to vent. I'll be ok in a couple hours.

When at first you don't succeed.... Try, try, try, and try again.

June 2, 2018 11:18 am  #75

SilverHawk - keep in mind that an update is just around the corner and that tends to shake up the DQ lineup.  The update will make me sad, because I'll be saying goodbye to Rare Editions, but maybe I'll get lucky and have a run of Birth of Goo and Legendary Scroll.

Number of wheels can be misleading.  270 sounds so much lower than 300, but it's only 10 items less.  It would cost you 30 diamonds to buy those 10 times, so depending on your diamond supply, maybe it's better to just send the 300 wheel ship. 

How you feel about that could depend on whether you are also working on Trina.  Right now, my Trinas are fixated with HOS and ZZ's, so I try to get lower wheel ships if my DQ requires sending 2 ships, but I'm very happy to send a 300 wheel ship for a 1 airship DQ.

Debating whether to level up.  Currently at level 82, but there were no new HOS in the last update.  Took forever (and a lot of inventory) to get blue key people in place, and in game #2, they are currently earning their keep since I'm just about out of polestars, rune stones, seeds of life, shards of soul, and torches.   Murderer's eyes are also on the endangered species list, but none of my blue key people can supply them.

Do you have other games to play that can supply some sort of feeling of accomplishment?  I've found that making progress on my unplayed CE list has taken some of the sting out of getting virtually nowhere with the DQ's the past month.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 2, 2018 2:00 pm  #76

Thanks TiramaSue. I'm feeling better after my rant. Just had to get it off my chest.

Once I got the 294 wheel ship I was thinking I should have just sent the 303 when I had it. Trina wanted wheels. I don't care about how many diamonds I spend. It's the principle of how many more HOS's to play to earn all those items back for another DQ. I'm about ready to not care what the airships are and let my game run out of items.

It's only game 1 that's the problem as it's airship requirements are the highest (you have two at that level so I imagine it's twice as hard for you). Game 2 will have the achievements long before game 1.

Remember if you level up the airship could be a lot worse. I can't keep (or get in HOS) a Murderers Eye to save my life either. Also goes for Live Potions.

I have plenty to do outside MC. I started working on Gummy Drop again. Occasionally SMaL. I have the Deponia series when I have a full day to play them. Still working on ART. I also get hooked for hours on YouTube with funny pet videos.

It's just so frustrating with game 1 right now I'm about ready to say #$%@ it and level up and only work on the achievements in game 2 where it's going pretty well at level 69. All my airships there average 250 wheels (83 items) and I have a lot more airship items in inventory there that I should finish the achievements by no later than next Easter. At game 1's rate it will be more like Christmas 2019 or later. That's a long time to wait to continue the storyline.

I'm just grumpy today.

June 2, 2018 2:44 pm  #77

I've reached the point in game #2 where I have to either skip doing most DQ's and try and restock DQ ZZ openers, or use diamonds to buy them.  I'll probably finish Ace Assistant before I complete the DQ achievements.

June 3, 2018 3:52 pm  #78

Thought I would weigh in on blue key quests.  I think I was at level 69 when blue key quests were introduced.  I didn't realize that  they applied to everyone regardless of level.  I don't remember ever getting the items you set up for DQ's.  When you mentioned setting them up, I started paying attention.  I still haven't gotten items I could use in daily quests.

June 3, 2018 5:17 pm  #79

The Blue Key Quests do not become available until level 69. After you complete the required quests between 69 and 71 they go away. They do show up at the junctions where there has been end of content and always at the end of content levels. When you have them available you set each character up at locations that need items used in DQ's but won't complete the Blue Key Character quest.

For example,
Get a character to want you to 'look' in the Overgrown Column (or Night Watch Safe) or want an item from those ZZ's that you must not have in inventory. Those two ZZ's require 2 Forged Keys to open them. NEVER complete this BK quest. Leave that character alone and you will always get a Forged Key whenever you search the Broken Well until you have 2 in inventory to use on a DQ (such as Another Potion). When you use the Forged Keys to complete the DQ the next time you play the Broken Well 2 times you'll get those two keys back in inventory.
Get another character on another frequently used item to keep you in that item.

I have Blue Key quest characters on the following in one of my games and NEVER compete the quests to always make sure I'm getting needed items from the DQ HOS's and not coins, shards, or useless stuff.
Anabel: Wants a Lost Page from the Book of Knowledge that requires a Clamps of Wisdom from the Chained Eagle that needs 2 Runestones and 1 Shield of Order to open it.

Henry: Wants me to open the Bow Figurine. I'll always have 2 Bears Fury, 2 Seed of Life, and 2 Banner of Loyalty but I cannot do Special Interest DQ or I'll complete this quest and lose the ability to keep these items in stock for other DQ's. If Henry had wanted and 'item' from the ZZ then I could do Special Interest and shard or sell the item from the Bow Figurine to keep getting the HOS items for the next DQ.

The Knight: Wants me to open the Crystal of Birth that needs 2 Shard of Soul.

Salty: Wants me to open the Ships Model that needs a Golden Anchor from the Hole in the Wall that takes 2 Torches.

Lighthouse Keeper: Want's a Spawn of Darkness from the Pirate Standard that needs 2 Rune of Cruelty. Helpful when you get Secret Delivery a lot.

Hansel: Wants a Moonstone from the Telescope needing 3 Polestars.

Gretel: Want's a Rare Gem from the Night Watch Safe that takes 2 Forged Keys.

Genie: Wants me to open the Rune Chest that takes 2 Sign of Predator. Helps for all those times I need to open the Raven Stone.

As long as I play the requisite HOS's as I have use the above bolded items in a DQ and NEVER, EVER complete the Blue Key Quests I will always get those items right back in inventory. After getting (for example) the 2 Forged Keys back in inventory the next plays to the Broken Well may reward anything from coins, shards, useless items or maybe another Forged Key.

To be clear. In the above examples I can never have the Clamps of Wisdom, Golden Anchor, Spawn of Darkness, Moonstone, or Rare Gem in inventory or the game will think I have what I need for the BKQ's and stop giving me the HOS items needed for the DQ's.

Clear as mud?

Last edited by SilverHawk (June 3, 2018 5:27 pm)

June 3, 2018 6:06 pm  #80

I hope here, maybe I'll get some answers. The delphi forum was too confusing. This one may be too, but i'm gonna try.
I really miss having a place to go to ask about things.
I do like the pm-ing, but i feel like i bother people.
anyway
I am here, and if any of my MC friends are here please contact me so we can chat.
blessings,
suecq ID#643848
ps: I'm gonna run a list of my questions here anyway. next post.

Board footera