Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 15, 2018 9:55 pm  #61

Re: Castle Chit Chat

When I got home today I continued to work on game 2 BKQ's (Blue Key Quests). All my 7 characters have now found permanent homes to help with DQ's. Will keep me in stock with...

3 Polestars, 2 Torches, 2 Runestones, 2 Forged Keys, 2 Shard of Soul, 2 Rune of Cruelty, 2 Seed of Life, 2 Bear's Fury, 2 Banner of Loyalty, 1 Shield of Order, 1 Eight-Pointed Star, 1 Thunderstorm Talisman.

Wish I could have had at least on 1 Murderer's Eye's. But you have to admit that's a fantastic lineup of permanent DQ parts. Best yet... for the items of the Bow Figurine is an actual character quest so pets will bring back those HOS items vs searching the HOS scenes. How cool is that?

When at first you don't succeed.... Try, try, try, and try again.

May 16, 2018 5:14 pm  #62

I'm not going to change strategy.  I'll just wait for the doable DQ's and work on my other games on the days the bad ones show up.

Had a good day today, but used a bunch of diamonds calling back the airship, and opened a lot of zoom zones.  So as much as I hate it, I'll have to put some time in playing HOS regardless of what DQ's show up.  Also used a bunch of wands and an amulet.

Oddly, although I completed 5 10-part DQ's, I only had to use diamonds once to open up the dice table.

Rare Editions - dice table already open
Record Keeper - paid to open table and then rolled deuce twice, so 3 rolls still available
New Knowledge - no dice
Secret Delivery - no dice
Rare Editions - used those 3 rolls I paid for hours ago

Of course, if I have to play dice again before 6 AM, I'll have to use more diamonds.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 16, 2018 6:58 pm  #63

TiramaSue wrote:

I'm not going to change strategy.  I'll just wait for the doable DQ's and work on my other games on the days the bad ones show up.

Like they say. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Your strategy is working good for you and the only reason to change it is if you want to. Besides, you've done pretty well this year. Your over halfway to the finish line on TWO games which is pretty cool and amazing. Here were your stats on May 31st 2017...

Game #1
3 part - 195
5 part - 156
10 part - 147

Game #2
3 part - 185
5 part - 171
10 part - 128

Add what you did since then (both games combined) and you probably still completed more DQ's then those with single games doing any that show up. You deserve a pat on the back. We'll get you that stiff drink after you get 500 each DQ achievement in each game.

May 23, 2018 9:52 am  #64

So, the rewards for completing the Trina achievements are diamonds.  Question:  why would we NEED diamonds at that point?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 23, 2018 11:01 am  #65

TiramaSue wrote:

So, the rewards for completing the Trina achievements are diamonds.  Question:  why would we NEED diamonds at that point?

Completing the achievement is only for masochists who like to get all the achievements (pointing finger at myself here). It certainly isn't for the worthless rewards. Another reason to question my own sanity of why I'm trying to complete something for absolutely no gain or fan fare whatsoever.

Ace Assistant
Complete 3000 of Trina’s quests – 30 diamonds 

Key Master
Collect 5000 golden keys – 30 diamonds

60 diamonds equals about 30 to 40 minutes of time to play up to 22 puzzles to win them - ONCE. By the time we even finish (if we finish) the AA and KM achievements we'll have probably spend several hundred/thousand diamonds if nothing else to start buying airship items because we ran out completing the DQ's.

May 23, 2018 11:06 am  #66

To add to my post above.

It really cracked my up during my day of leveling up to L69. Normally you only get experience and coins to complete each CQ. Occasionally, a CQ will reward a crafted item (i.e. Bemused Potion and a Tiara for Anabel). Somewhere between L49 and L69 Salty rewarded me with a single Diamond (in addition to the XP/Coins). Really Salty? Just one? You're so generous, LOL.

May 23, 2018 11:49 am  #67

TiramaSue wrote:

Since new achievements have not been created except for Special Events, I think that at some point, even before there are no more updates, her quests will be like feeding the chest in AK

May 23, 2018 1:44 pm  #68

I expressed similar view when I recorded DQ progress this morning. Didn't even think about using Castle Chit Chat.  Sorry

May 29, 2018 6:29 pm  #69

I'm very pleased I managed to complete 6 DQ's today.  Won't bother me too much if I get crummy ones tonight. 

We're doing a bathroom reno and there's a lot of clutter and things out of place.  This morning, I whacked my head on a wall-mounted clock and the corner of the clock punctured my scalp.  Consequently, my thinking isn't too clear and about all I can manage to do is just what the gnomes tell me to do.  So I've taken my wish list down for a day or two and suspended gifting people while it's down.

May 29, 2018 7:14 pm  #70

Ouch TS. Hope your ok. Sounds painful. Please take care of yourself.

Board footera