Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2019 9:46 pm  #321

Re: Castle Chit Chat

May 29

The dreaded "changes are afoot". Downloading 0/4 doesn't seem to be working as of 7:44pm Pacific, almost 3 hours after reset. Luckily I had finished gifting.

I have about 1200/3000 Trina done. If I do 2 a day, it will take me 3 years. Not so sure I have it in me to give another 3 years.

May 29, 2019 10:03 pm  #322

Just tried to access game #1 again.  No luck.  All I'm receiving is the 4 item download with the message "Your save has been updated in a later version of the game. Download the latest version to continue playing."

In other words, I'm right back where I started Friday afternoon.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 29, 2019 10:07 pm  #323

Tannie wrote:

May 29

The dreaded "changes are afoot". Downloading 0/4 doesn't seem to be working as of 7:44pm Pacific, almost 3 hours after reset. Luckily I had finished gifting.

I have about 1200/3000 Trina done. If I do 2 a day, it will take me 3 years. Not so sure I have it in me to give another 3 years.

I hear you.  I am seriously considering only playing when there's an event or CC going on.  IT's boring enough just playing to amass airship items in the hopes that I'll get a decent airship for Trina.  I'm not at all pleased with the new level of aggravation the developers and Big Fish have added.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 30, 2019 7:09 am  #324

So....I just read a post on Delphi.  It was relaying a message that was from an official of BF.  The gist of it was that the update had NO new content but was a performance update to make the game run better.  And that some players on IOS could see continued intermittent problems unrelated to this update.

Last edited by BApple (May 30, 2019 7:17 am)

May 30, 2019 1:06 pm  #325

BApple wrote:

So....I just read a post on Delphi. It was relaying a message that was from an official of BF. The gist of it was that the update had NO new content but was a performance update to make the game run better. And that some players on IOS could see continued intermittent problems unrelated to this update.

So now the game runs better?  How can they tell?   I've only been able to open my game for portions of 2 of the last 7 days.

May 30, 2019 6:34 pm  #326

TiramaSue wrote:

BApple wrote:

So....I just read a post on Delphi. It was relaying a message that was from an official of BF. The gist of it was that the update had NO new content but was a performance update to make the game run better. And that some players on IOS could see continued intermittent problems unrelated to this update.

So now the game runs better?  How can they tell?   I've only been able to open my game for portions of 2 of the last 7 days.

I agree with your point and appreciate your frustration!  To put performance update and run better in the same sentence while players are still experiencing multiple interruptions is...well...frustrating!

June 3, 2019 11:49 pm  #327

June 3

I got the dreaded "changes are afoot" again (had one yesterday). When I got it, it took a few closing/restarting before it successfully downloaded. Later, I had to tab out of game, so it went on pause which is usually. Well, when I came back, I got another "changes are afoot". I think tabbing out of the game is somehow doing this. I just can't imagine getting an update, and then 30 minutes later another one.

Last edited by Tannie (June 3, 2019 11:50 pm)

June 4, 2019 6:43 am  #328

Several people have posted a similar experience. Some got it right after getting into the game and others got it later. Most report it happening for several days then resolving. Others report getting hung up in a frozen update. It seems the best thing to do if it hangs up is to just leave it alone until your computer stops the download then restart it from your windows menu. 

June 5, 2019 9:11 am  #329

Hey y'all! I started a 2nd game while waiting for the fix. I'm actually playing it as a new game, not a feeder game. Anyway, trying to keep Trina's airship wheels requests low or at least in line with what the airship gives. But Trina has jumped the gun!

I'm at level 19 and holding, doing rounds mostly for unique stamps. Yesterday Trina's 15th quest was for  60-something wheels and I sent a ship with, at most, 81 (no crate has needed more than 9). Her 16th quest today is for 184? Such a big difference!

I know one player recorded that by Trina quest 99 she already wanted the max 300. Do I now work on getting the wheel rewards up? And do they increase by sending it, or by leveling? I had planned on getting the airship up to 100 wheels and then concentrate on Trina and DQs.

Thanks for any input! I had cleaned my playing area of all notes and records, never anticipating starting a new game. But I am enjoying it immensely while waiting for 10-part DQs on Cookie's game.  

Last edited by GulfCoastGuppy (June 5, 2019 9:46 am)

June 5, 2019 9:41 am  #330

I hung out at level 26 to complete the DQs. My airships typically varied between 84 and 108 although there were some lower and some higher. When I used diamonds to recall the airship, the trend was toward the upper end. Once I finished DQs and stopped recalling the airship, the wheels varied from 62 to 117. I'm now toward the end of Level 27 and my airships are mostly 87-99 if I don't use diamonds to recall it. (I've finished the crafting for Anabel but the other character (Vesnik?) I only did the first 2 so that the fairy sculpture hasn't changed to elfish bas relief yet.) 
Staying at Level 26, I never received Special Interest, Three Days, Helping Hand, Inspiration, Something New, or What's Going On. I still have not received them but the sample is limited since it is primarily just the one I receive at day roll. 
I found that the wheels increased slightly with each HOS I opened and with increase in experience points (usually after finishing a Pinfeather's quest). I'm slowly working upward trying to reach a point where my airships average 99 - 111. 

Board footera