Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 17, 2018 11:02 am  #161

Re: Castle Chit Chat

mdpetdoc wrote:

​Maybe we'll get lucky and RQS syndrome will disappear. 

I think my game will always have a whacky distribution of DQ's.  So far, when midnight GMT rolls around, I've seen:

1) the same DQ every day for a week or so
2) the same 2 DQ's alternating for 2 weeks or more
3) only 3-part DQ's for several days
4) only 10 - part DQ's for almost a week
5) only the 9 newer DQ's all week

I will probably be the only person to complete You're a Ten before Five Stars.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

July 18, 2018 7:22 am  #162

In what order were the DQs released?

July 18, 2018 9:41 am  #163

mdpetdoc wrote:

In what order were the DQs released?

There are two sets of DQ's.  The "new" ones are:  Three Days, Lost Pages, Special Interest, Inspiration, Helping Hand, Another Potion, Rare Editions, Something New, What's Going On?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

July 20, 2018 9:54 pm  #164

Not having a good evening.  Fed all 4 exclusive pets and none of them brought back a blue chest.  And while I was using an amulet, I got the black freeze screen TWICE.

July 22, 2018 7:29 pm  #165

At the end of 2017, I had over 26,000 shards per game.  Now, game #2 has less than 1,000 and game #2 has about 3,000.

So, I'm going to have to look through my inventory and start disenchanting things.  Anybody else having this problem?  If so, what's your strategy?

July 23, 2018 10:52 am  #166

TiramaSue, my game also has less than 1000 shards at the moment. When you first started this dedicated thread on the old forum, I had over 16,000.  But, I have been as low as under Trina's 200...scary!

I play a lot more hand-to-mouth than most of y'all, but about a year ago I went really minimal. Out of 29 pages of inventory, page 1 consists of only 40-50 of the DQ ZZ items. Anything after that I reduce down to 20, unless of course it is one of those DQ ZZ items trying to climb its way up to 40. The down side is how few times I get the DQ for the Three Dragons/Prisoners, for example, but the up side is I can shard those items every once in a while too.

Another option is to get into an Ice Breath swap. That is the only crafted item I shard currently, having already "sold" all duplicates.

Maybe not a great strategy, but it works for me...keeps me playing.

BTW, I haven't even bought the furniture in the 2017 Christmas room costing shards yet. All proceeds have gone only to keeping Trina happy

July 23, 2018 1:49 pm  #167

I've found that keeping my total shards between 1500 and 3000 tends to keep Trina from wanting them at an absurd level so when I shard, I only take the total to just under 3000. When I was at 8000 shards, it was the only thing Trina wanted consistently until I was out of shards. I played with different balances and found these numbers to work well. There may be a better number for higher levels. If the ice breath were available to me, I would take advantage of the swap. I am not aggressively working on TQ because I have so few ZZs open that requests for ZZ must coincide with DQs.

July 23, 2018 4:23 pm  #168

I don't know if this would work for you but when I was working to finish the Magic Miser Achievement my plan was to disenchant in several ways.

Every day I disenchanted 1 of most items down to 40

When I did a DQ, I disenchanted items from zoom zones that I had done unless they were what I called higher level items such as blood lotus. Typically I had more than 40 of these.

If I did a crafting for a DQ,  I disenchanted that.  I made a list from my stock so I already had one or more.  I never took a crafted item down to zero.

And I disenchanted items from fall, winter and spring events but still have plenty to share.

I started this plan May 15, 2017 (23,100) and finished March 6, 2018.  I didn't record my actual count when I completed the achievement, but I still have  plenty for Trina quests.  Will check and update next time .

July 23, 2018 6:01 pm  #169

I've spent so much time worrying about airship items and zoom zone openers (lately I've been opening 100+ zoom zones a day), it's a bit of a shock to discover that shards are the first inventory item I'll run out of.

I've already bought all the furniture available, but I'm getting twitchy knowing that if more furniture was made available in the next update, I'd have to scramble to find any shards that were needed.

I have a decent amount of stuff that can be converted into shards, it's more a matter of deciding what to part with first.  Pet eggs will go first - have all the pets, don't need the coins I could get from selling them.

Next will be the "useless" items - those items the HOS drop that don't open any zoom zones and are only used for crafting.  I'm almost done with crafting 3 of everything (except for the Ice Breath) that can be crafted at level 82.

Reluctant to part items received from zoom zones, in case I decide to level up and have to do the blue keys musical chairs business again.

At least I don't have to worry about cards, still have thousands of them.

July 24, 2018 1:51 pm  #170

When I worked to get magic miser I sharded event items.. not all ofcourse.. I had event items on my wishlist and I made a list of which items gave most shards.. based also on coin value.. I would not “pay” more than 20 coins pr. shard. I did, and still do, play the puzzles for those items. I never sharded items used for DQ ZZ .. yes I can do the dragon 200 times.. but now Trina will get the benefit of that. When I got magic miser I bought all I could for privat rooms and Trina soon got the rest down to a minimum.

I don’t mind Trina asking for all that I can get by playing the game.. it is when she askes for cards I cry scream  and throw myself on the flor  

Board footera