Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2018 2:34 pm  #141

Re: Castle Chit Chat

TiramaSue wrote:

I'm very nervous about tonight's CC task.

Completely understand.

* The good news is if you get icky DQ's you don't do there is plenty of days left to get one and finish it even if you get a couple days behind.
* The bad news is task #26 is going to require at least two wins with the Dragon.
* Worst news is task #30 (self explanatory). I'm more worried about this task above all others. Very Worried.

I feel a bit stupid. I was getting so frustrated not understanding why I couldn't get any torches from the crypt when I'm totally out of them. Then the ah-ha moment. One of my DQ rewards must have been a Golden Anchor. Salty needs me to open the Ship's Model for a Blue Key Quest that needs a Golden Anchor from the Hole in the Wall. Since I now had one in inventory I was not getting any more torches. At least I finally figured it out and now can get torches again after sharding the Golden Anchor out of inventory.

Last edited by SilverHawk (June 28, 2018 2:35 pm)

When at first you don't succeed.... Try, try, try, and try again.

June 29, 2018 10:50 am  #142

I am definitely carrying over this CC task (complete 5 parts of DQs) to the new day. Gnome Spy has an airship for the 2nd part so I'll be starting with only 1 part complete. I too am most fretting about the last day so I'm trying to conserve airship inventory.

July 1, 2018 10:34 am  #143

These DQ's are getting too routine doing practically the same ones over and over and over again. Several times I've finished one part, forget to click to complete and collect the rewards for that part, and head over to the next HOS to play without accepting that part.

Since I've practically have the parts memorized I'm going through the motions and erroneously skipping important steps. Therefore, it's open with 5 diamonds or wait another hour... ugh.

I'm beginning to wish for the next event to force a break. But as long as there are DQ's to do I'll keep plugging away toward making headway to the finish line. Even if that means making mistakes along the way.

July 1, 2018 11:53 am  #144

SilverHawk, when I first started it was repeated so often in the forum that you HAD to use the "find" button in order to guarantee receiving an item...and don't break the path. I took that as gospel and got in the habit of always using it.

Even when I have a Blue key quest set up and I KNOW I will get the item, I rarely just go straight to the scene. I know I waste some time but, like you, old habits are hard to break 

July 1, 2018 7:53 pm  #145

GulfCoastGuppy wrote:

SilverHawk, when I first started it was repeated so often in the forum that you HAD to use the "find" button in order to guarantee receiving an item...and don't break the path. I took that as gospel and got in the habit of always using it.

I ALWAYS use the find button every single time. But what caught me off guard was parts 4 and 5 of Helping Hand. Part 4 is in the City Square of the Town to play the Antique Shop. Part 5 is the Doll Showcase in the same place. In my mind I knew what was next and without thinking I played the Antique Shop then went right to the Doll Showcase without clicking on the Gnome to complete part 4. A pure brain dump.

Today I got What's Going On. Part 1 is to roll the dice ONE TIME so without thinking (again) I rolled all three rolls. Didn't even notice until I got to Part 4 where I needed to roll the second time. A few colorful metaphors and went ahead and spent the 12 diamonds to reopen it. My punishment for being stupid. Then I had to send empty and recall the airship three times because it wanted over 321 airship items each time. When it finally came back for 234 I almost sent it empty again (in my head I transposed the numbers saw 324) but luckily caught myself in time to pack and send it for the DQ. Whew. That was close.

July 3, 2018 5:42 pm  #146

SilverHawk wrote:

I'm beginning to wish for the next event to force a break. But as long as there are DQ's to do I'll keep plugging away toward making headway to the finish line. Even if that means making mistakes along the way.

I was opposed to a Summer Event, but I've changed my mind. 

I'm playing robotically, and running out of DQ zoom zone items.  I don't like playing hand to mouth.  I'd welcome a chance to regroup and restock.

And because a summer event would be new, we'd have to actually PLAY it rather than speed through it with our stockpiled inventory.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

July 3, 2018 7:02 pm  #147

Do you see what I see?  Airship item sale!

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

July 3, 2018 7:31 pm  #148

TiramaSue wrote:

I do. Is it truly a sale?

Last edited by mdpetdoc (July 3, 2018 7:31 pm)

July 3, 2018 7:34 pm  #149

mdpetdoc wrote:

TiramaSue wrote:

I do. Is it truly a sale?

If you were out of airship items, it would cost you 3 diamonds to buy 1 item.  Sale price is 1.5 diamonds per items.

July 3, 2018 9:31 pm  #150

Got my moose from the chamberlain.

Board footera