Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 9, 2018 11:22 pm  #131

Re: Castle Chit Chat

SilverHawk wrote:

TiramaSue,

I'm having some of the same experiences you are having. I'm still on Win 8.1 and have not run any windows updates in several weeks (although there is one I do need to do and waiting for a good time to set aside for it). However, the black screens showed up with the MC update. I have to say that it only takes about a minute of black screen then everything is fine. It's like it's just taking longer to think similar to a 'Please Wait' message.

I haven't had any freezing... yet... knock on wood, that would cause me to do a task manager shut down. Your issue could be worse than mine since you are on Win 10.

I did a rollback which supposedly uninstalled the latest update, but it doesn't appear to have uninstalled the entire thing.  MC still runs like garbage.  And twice before I did the rollback, while playing MC the screen would go black and the entire machine would freeze.  Getting tired of having to turn machine off and back on again.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 10, 2018 4:32 pm  #132

TiramaSue wrote:

I did a rollback which supposedly uninstalled the latest update, but it doesn't appear to have uninstalled the entire thing.  MC still runs like garbage.  And twice before I did the rollback, while playing MC the screen would go black and the entire machine would freeze.  Getting tired of having to turn machine off and back on again.

Well that bites. I haven't had that happen to me. Though when moving from one user to the other playing both games my entire computer will freeze forcing a forced shut down via power button. That was happening just prior to the latest update so I cannot attribute that to this update.

Do you perhaps think that MC is starting to become too big? There will come a day that it will be too large to run properly on any computer regardless of OS version. Wonder if we are getting close to that point at which case EG and BF will end the game entirely. When they do I just hope it's not on a cliffhanger like they did with AK.

Just a pondering.

When at first you don't succeed.... Try, try, try, and try again.

June 12, 2018 10:52 am  #133

Last night, I had the black screen freeze again.

If MC is ended because the game has become too unwieldly, it would be very foolish not to wrap things up in a tidy fashion.  After all, EG will still be producing other games for BF.  No need to annoy customers more than necessary.

If the game is ended because it doesn't make enough $$$ to justify its existence and/or because BF and EG have decided to end their relationship, we could end up with the storyline just hanging.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 12, 2018 11:28 am  #134

Not matter how or when MC is eventually ended I will not be surprised. After what happened to other FTP games anything is possible and we will know one day. It's inevitable.

Sorry to hear you're plagued with this black screen issue. Is it the same as when we had this issue before? I hope it gets resolved for you. It must be extremely frustrating.

June 12, 2018 2:42 pm  #135

I never had the black screen issue before the Win10 update.  Had it again this afternoon.

June 18, 2018 7:16 pm  #136

Spent the entire day trying to get an airship set up for task #14.   All I got in game #2 was airships way over 300.  I'm talking 336, 345, etc. 

Opened the game just now to find a 294 ship, sent it away, used diamonds, 297 ship, sent it away, used diamonds, 291 ship, sent it away, 297 ships.  Should have held on to that 336 wheel ship.  Could have completed a Trina quest, instead of needing to send another ship to get those last 3 wheels.

Once this wheel task is done, I'll probably get lots of ships in the 240 - 254 range.

June 20, 2018 9:51 pm  #137

In the past 4 days, Game #1 has completed exactly 4 3-part DQ's.  Not much help for the last 3 CC tasks.

I was so disgusted by receiving Three Days that I forgot I only needed 4 more items from the wheel and took too many spins.  And the wheel is full of junk.

June 20, 2018 11:35 pm  #138

I'm having better luck with combining CC's with DQ's. This CC seems to be the easiest we've received thus far. However, I'm going to be most nervous about task #30. Will we get DQ's with airships we don't do and may be forced to do or no airship DQ's at all?

June 27, 2018 12:15 pm  #139

In both my games, the gnomes, Trina and the CC refuse to synchronize.  And I'm getting the black screen several times a day, forcing me to reboot, and I lose a small amount of progress.  So far, I haven't lost anything crucial, but I'd be devastated to lose a winning die throw.

Back to doing yet another 50 HOS for Trina in the hopes that a quest needing wheels will be the next Trina quest.

June 28, 2018 8:42 am  #140

I'm very nervous about tonight's CC task.

Board footera