Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2013 3:28 am  #71

Re: Group Play for Green Moon - starting September 7

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU  CAN  DIE  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ** got eaten by a T-Rex ** !

RIP stusue

Last edited by stusue (September 9, 2013 3:31 am)

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 9, 2013 3:34 am  #72

Would you believe that I read a couple of reviews that said that Green Moon was really easy and short???? 

My only question now is ...

Compared to what????? 

September 9, 2013 3:35 am  #73

Or am I really that stupid? 

September 9, 2013 3:45 am  #74

So far, I've been a failure as ** a sailor, an electrician and a chef ** but a really fantastic ** drunken sharpshooter, getting 3/3 my first attempt **.

I've also ** almost suffocated several times, nearly drowned, been poisoned ** and now ** eaten by a Tyranosaurus Rex ** !

Maybe that'll teach me to stop touching everything ...

Nah, it's fun almost dying (thank heavens for the green button).  But not even the little green button can save you from ** being eaten by a dinosaur ** ! It just all happened so quickly!

So my advice to you all is ...

SAVE, SAVE, SAVE AND SAVE AGAIN!

So, now back to my last save, fortunately just before my unfortunate and premature death, as I now save before and after doing anything and everything!    The problem is that I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be doing there.  I only hope it's where I'm going to find what I need. 

September 9, 2013 3:57 am  #75

Sorry stusue, but when I read your last posts I was ROFL, luckily there´s no one but me at home right now
I really feel sorry for you and even more reluctant to continue with this...

Now I´m gonna take a look at BPM

September 9, 2013 4:41 am  #76

Oh, Anki, please continue.  This game just gets better and better the more I play it and the more I get used to moving around using the portals!

What I didn't realise before I got ** eaten ** is that I needed the ** invisibility potion ** !  Silly me.    So what I was doing was right, it was just that the ** big, bad, scary dinosaur ** could ** see me ** and so I couldn't get what I needed without being ** gobbled up by the ravenous T-Rex ** !

But I only just worked out how to use the moon map to jump!    Sure saves wandering around the desolate moonscape, trying to find places the old-fashioned walking way.

ETA:  I forgot to say good luck with BPM!  Don't forget that the weekend '99cent' code probably still works all day today - but I haven't tried it myself - should you wish to avail yourself of that deal.  Have you got any games you plan on buying today?  I think I'm going to wait until next week as my next lot of PCCs don't expire until the 20th and I'll wait and see what SEs are released before next Monday.  And it's not as if I don't have 1000s of games lined up, waiting for me to play them.  Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration ... but not much! 

Last edited by stusue (September 9, 2013 4:46 am)

September 9, 2013 4:57 am  #77

WOO HOO !!!!

I just overcame my greatest game nemesis on my very first attempt!    The dreaded ** 4x4 slider puzzle ** which I'm absolutely hopeless at and hate with a passion.    However, not only do you have to ** complete the slider ** but the ** pieces have to be rotated to their correct orientation ** so you have the extra challenge of working out ** which pieces actually go where before you even start sliding ** !

I think the that I'm currently sporting will be permanently stretched across my face, unless, of course, I get ** eaten by another big, bad, scary monster ** before I've had a chance blink. 

September 9, 2013 7:12 am  #78

Love reading your posts, stusue, they crack me up.  Glad you are ahead of us giving us insight into the game.  As to Task 8, now I don't feel so inadequate since others are having same problems as me.  Congrats on getting through Task 8, barre.  I did find cookbook early in the game but didn't have it with me when I went into space so had to go back.  Not knowing what I was doing, I had to throw away stuff at first and start over.  Didn't realize I could keep the sauce for all recipes and once didn't have a raw egg and was not sure how to continue.  Also garlic cloves stumped me in one, to the point I had to look at WT.  Finally got it all together and enjoyed the many attempts ~ kinda like me in a real kitchen (lol).

I'm going to wait till later today to try the ship game again, now that I know how to do it, it should go a lot faster but will definitely, save, save, save.  Hope the rest of Task 8 doesn't take as long.

Going to look at BPM and probably use half my PCC's today and save the rest for next Monday as I am cancelling for sure before the 20th.  This group play has helped me focus more on playing and hope to start whittling down my hoard of games.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 9, 2013 7:30 am  #79

After being deemed a failure as a sailor twice I finally managed to do the boat minigame.  My strategy was to make sure I shot at the closest boat to me, no matter where it was on the screen.  Also, and probably more importantly, I only managed to be quick enough to sink them all by using the arrows and space bar on the keyboard, not by using the mouse and the arrows on the screen.  That method was way too slow.

I'm now just about to do Task 12, which I think is the last one as it tells you that you're near the end when you get that task in the book.  Task 8 was, for me, by far the longest and hardest.  Tasks 9-11 were very quick and easy in comparison.  I think they might have also seemed easier as by then I was more used to the portals and moving around from location to location. 

For me, the game got really interesting and was much more fun once I got to the moon and started fixing it, which is the story, as then it all suddenly made sense and what you do you're doing for a reason.

Okay, back to Task 12...

September 9, 2013 7:36 am  #80

tee, group plays actually get me to play some of the games I've had in my GM ... sorry, Game App ... since the days of the primeval soup.  They also get me to finish them and to focus on them, which is really helpful.  It's also more fun knowing that others are playing the same game as you and discussing it with them. 

Even if it's just to let everyone know what a 'failure' you are and how often and how gruesomely you've died... 

Board footera