Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2018 8:31 am  #81

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2018

Thank you TiramaSue and Anki. When I read about the Forums I thought they were going to take them down, not just disable posts. That makes it problematic for new games though.

Last edited by TiramaSue (April 22, 2018 9:35 am)

April 22, 2018 8:54 am  #82

Anki wrote:

lilyr, I always use the forums to check if others have a solution to my problems  Most of the PE:S at GH have been CE:S at BFG. Nowadays they even keep the BFG logo!

They display the BF logo because BF is the publisher and GH is the distributer of the game.   There are some games at BF that display the GH logo because GH either developed the game or published it and BF is merely the distributor.

So company develops game and either decides to self-publish and sells on own website and looks for other game sites willing to sell (distribute) it, or developer looks for company to publish their game and the publisher usually sells the game exclusively through that publisher for a period of time before that publisher makes the game available to other distributers to sell.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 22, 2018 9:05 am  #83

We have several new members who have joined us from the Big Fish Midnight Castle forum. 

They are my daily quest buddies and we help each other by offering encouragement as we try to complete the last few achievements left for us to conquer. 

Another new member is Shardlake, who has offered to post links to the latest betas from Big Fish.  The beta list is in the Lots of Lists section and has been pinned to make it easy to find.

I currently don't have time to play betas, but I love seeing what is eventually coming our way.  The first game on the list appears to be the first in a new series by Elephant Games:  Detectives United: Origins.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 22, 2018 9:36 am  #84

lilyr wrote:

Thank you TiramaSue and Anki. When I read about the Forums I thought they were going to take them down, not just disable posts. That makes it problematic for new games though.

I like to check YouTube to see if there is a video of the game.  Of course, if you're looking for help with a puzzle, it could turn out that the video maker didn't know how to solve it and used the skip button to move on.

April 22, 2018 9:43 am  #85

I finished Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition

I have a lot of snarky things to say about this game which I hope to post in the game series section later today.  I know that there's real life logic and there's HOPA logic but this game took HOPA logic to a new place.

Not sure what I'll play next.  Still chipping away at Clutter VI: Leigh's Story.  I have about 125 levels left to play.  Left with the variations that I don't care for that much or the levels are difficult.  Some fall into both categories.

April 22, 2018 2:38 pm  #86

I finally downloaded all 7 available Sherlock Holmes games I purchased from BF before getting a new computer. Been sitting on them a while and only have played a couple. I don't remember which ones I played so I'm going to play them all in the order they were created. There are a few I don't have that BF doesn't sell and they are pretty pricey on another site. I'll wait for a sale.

I did also find a good deal on the Deponia series from Steam yesterday. I'll eventually play those. I love adventure games and some of the classics. I've played many games over the years. My tastes are somewhat eclectic. What can I say I like variety, problem solving puzzles, and a challenge.

My favorite all time adventure series: The Longest Journey, DreamFall, and DreamFall Chapters.

When at first you don't succeed.... Try, try, try, and try again.

April 23, 2018 4:18 am  #87

SilverHawk, I'm playing DreamFall Chapters Final Cut right now 

Welcome to this forum 

April 23, 2018 10:34 am  #88

Hello Everyone, thanks for the intro TiramaSue....

Currently trying to get my bought games played that I've purchased from BFG, never know what will happen next over there... playing one I bought ages ago 'The Emptiness' it's a weird game and quite a challenge

April 24, 2018 6:17 am  #89

Welcome SilverHawk and Shardlake and BApple and GulfCoastGuppy to this forum. 

Thanks Shardlake for the betas.  I want to try out the Detective one from Elephant and I love your cute avatar picture.   How adorable.  I remember playing The Emptiness.  That was quite a game. 

SilverHawk...  The Longest Journey.  I spent one memorable winter playing that game.  I quite enjoyed it too.

I finished the Fierce Tales series with Feline Sight being the last one of them.  I liked this series a lot. Although I noticed that a love triangle was in every single game.

I've started on the House of 1000 doors series for my next one.    I am finding that sticking with a series is keeping me more focused on playing.

Tirama...I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with my avatar.  Thanks for the help.

Last edited by sunshinej (April 24, 2018 6:27 am)

i ♥ nirvana

April 24, 2018 8:58 am  #90

Welcome to Silverhawk, Shardlake, BApple and GulfCoastGuppy and any new members I may have missed. I remember two of you from CCC at BFG. 

I'm glad you got your avatar back sunshinej.

I have lots of games that I've purchased but haven't played as yet. I'm appalled at the number that won't play on any system newer than Win 8. I've got some that won't work on anything newer than Vista!

Board footera