Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2018 9:30 am  #71

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2018

Yikes! I'm not at all happy that we won't be able to post to the Forums and send PMs at BFG. I totally missed that! And the "sales" they've been having aren't all that great lately either. 

April 17, 2018 10:11 am  #72

lilyr wrote:

Yikes! I'm not at all happy that we won't be able to post to the Forums and send PMs at BFG. I totally missed that! And the "sales" they've been having aren't all that great lately either. 

I'm waiting for the next Super Sale attached to a game I want.  Almost took advantage of the last one (attached to dark Parables), but decided to hold off until I finished some more games. 

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 17, 2018 10:07 pm  #73

I finished Parallels Cross.  So that gives me 2 games completed for the month, with 13 days left to hopefully complete some more.

I'm going to play Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition next.

And maybe if I work very hard, I can complete Clutter VI: Leigh's Story.   Enjoying some of the new variations in this game, such as Clutter Chaos and Head-to-Head.  Do not like Rotational at all.   IMO, some of those items don't have a distinctive top/bottom or right/left.   And some of the Close Counts sets seem rather arbitrary.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 18, 2018 10:54 pm  #74

I read about the BFG forums closing.  I'll never forget how I felt when Chit-Chat closed, at least there's a couple weeks notice this time instead of a couple days.  I hope we get some people over here.
I finished Darkarta CE from Gamehouse, but I haven't done the bonus yet.  It was okay.  I just finished Jewel Match Solitaire La Amour or whatever the lovey-dovey one is.  It's pretty hard at the beginning but once you get all your bonuses bought it's a piece of cake if you use them, almost impossible if you don't, lol.  You can get 3 stars on each hand, plus whatever hearts you uncover.  You need a certain amount of stars to unlock each set of 5 mah-jong lay-outs.  You need hearts to build a pretty scene, and money to buy your power ups.  It was okay, I like solitaire games.  I also finished Braveland, a very simple, basic RPG.  I had already played the second two in the series, Pirate and Wizard.  They're all pretty much the same, not much (if any) strategy needed.  You can finish in a day or two so they're nice, easy, stress-free time wasters.
Hubby got me a used IPad Air 2 for my birthday.  Does anyone have any free or cheap suggestions for games or really anything in general I should know, I've never used iOS before.  I have a few Android tablet games from Amazon, I don't suppose they would convert to iOS, would they?  I've been playing Evil Apples, it's just like Cards Against Humanity.  I tried Fortnight Battle Royale but it's not for me, lol.
I'm about ready to go on the road, Monday after next.  I'm thinking about taking our little TV, we have Hulu and Amazon Prime and I just prepaid 3 months of Directv and got an Apple TV for free.  I also bought the cable to go from the IPad to the tv.  I don't really watch tv so I'm kinda laughing at myself.  I watch a little on my phone or tablet but it's always Project Runway or America's Next Top Model.  We have the $5 HBO add-on though so I will be binge watching Game of Thrones.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

April 19, 2018 3:56 pm  #75

I don't feel as bad now as I did when Chit Chat Corner closed.   It is sad to see the forum go though.  I still don't understand why they can't achived all the old stuff and use new software to start a new forum.  Unless it's because of their bottom line. Once something becomes unprofitable out it goes, no matter how much asking or pleading  anyone does to save it. 

I didn't post much there anymore especially not lately since I have been working on playing my older bought games.  My latest one was almost 5 years old. 

It is nice to see a few people sign up here.  I hope you all will stick around awhile. 

wendy...I was wondering when you will be going back on the road.  Have a good season this year. I can't help with iOS, as I have a android tablet.  I mostly read books on it since it is 5 years old and won't play any games on it anymore except for boggle. 

i ♥ nirvana

April 20, 2018 4:37 am  #76

I have finished:

Hidden Expedition - Fountain of Youth PE. Very fun! I really liked the music.
Mystery Tales - Her Own Eyes PE. Ok, rather fun. Silly BG.
Mystery Trackers - Paxton Creek Avenger PE. Fun puzzles and of course Elf . Fun bonus: Archive with 1 HOS and 1 Puzzle from all 10 MT games!
Witches' Legacy - Awakening Darkness PE. Rather boring. Story disjointed.
Shadow Wolf Mysteries - Curse of Wolfhill PE. Barely OK. Very short and not many collectibles.
Puppet Show -  Face of Humanity PE. Rather fun, nothing special...Also few collectibles.
Dead Reckoning - Broadbeach Cove PE. Very fun!
Punished Talents - Stolen Awards PE. Boring!!! Didn't even bother to play the BG 
Endless Fables - The Minotaurs Curse PE. Very fun!!! Lot to do in each scene and different kinds of collectibles. Very fun Puzzles 

Wendy, I don't know if we have the same taste in games , but I think you would like Tiles & Tales.
I also suggest : Puzzledom  with many games in one (8 from the start and up to 15 that unlocks as you play), 2 HOG June's Journey and Pearl's Peril, Pandamino and my go to favourite Canasta.
You find them all in the App Store.
Have a safe trip this summer 

April 21, 2018 1:59 am  #77

Wendy. I just discovered that Tiles & Tales is taken away from the App Store and stop the services in May, 23 

April 21, 2018 9:45 am  #78

sunshinej -- I have a lot of old, unplayed games too. That's a big reason that I'm bummed that BFG will get rid of the Forums. If I get stuck I can go to the Forums and get an answer or a good push in the right direction.

April 21, 2018 10:17 am  #79

lilyr wrote:

sunshinej -- I have a lot of old, unplayed games too. That's a big reason that I'm bummed that BFG will get rid of the Forums. If I get stuck I can go to the Forums and get an answer or a good push in the right direction.

You will still be able to READ the forums.  What's changing April 30th is that you won't be able to post to the forums or send PM's.

April 22, 2018 2:35 am  #80

lilyr, I always use the forums to check if others have a solution to my problems  Most of the PE:S at GH have been CE:S at BFG. Nowadays they even keep the BFG logo!

Board footera