Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 13, 2017 1:58 am  #401

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

So I am almost done playing Enigmatis 3-The Shadow of Karkhala CE and its nothing like its predecessors.  The first 2 in this series were amazing especially the first one. This one is all about the demon Asmodai which is the preacher we have been trying to get in all games but it feels rushed to me. I can tell its rather short which may be a good thing considering I find it quite lackluster....A shame too because I was sooo looking forward to this one.

OSCAR my game manager is having tons of issues like the fact it won't even open when I double click the icon. I have tried restarting the computer, uninstalling it and reinstalling it to no luck so I have just been opening the actual game icons. I don't know what is wrong with it.

I tried to start Mexicana-deadly holiday but it is too wide on my screen and it makes the cursor large too and its hard to play. I am going to have to change the whole screen to accompany that game so hopefully its worth it when I try to play it again. I am almost finished with Happy Clinic and only have one more place to go: Japan. I really have enjoyed this TM game.

Last edited by megwoman25 (December 13, 2017 2:03 am)

December 13, 2017 10:19 am  #402

Thanks for the info Meg.  It is quite annoying.  Gizmos Interstellar doesn't even open sometimes but then says its running. I've tried all the reinstall too to no avail.

An fyi for you, I just played this in May and wrote: Has anyone played Mexicana Deadly Holiday?  I like it but I don't like it.  The gameplay is good, when it works.  I find I am having to click all over the place with an item and it won't work, come back to the same spot and then the item works.  Frustrating to say the least.  Also frustrating is I have no idea of my progress in the game, how close I am to the goal.  The tasks don't seem to be purposeful in advancing. The HO scenes are pretty interesting.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 13, 2017 7:22 pm  #403

Maybe I should give up on HOPAs. I wanted to buy at least one game with the sale today. I D/L's FOUR STAGS and DARK CITY: LONDON. Even playing on the easiest in DARK CITY, I didn't get very far. I did a bit better with FOUR STAGS, but it would probably take me days!

December 14, 2017 4:00 pm  #404

lilyr wrote:

Maybe I should give up on HOPAs. I wanted to buy at least one game with the sale today. I D/L's FOUR STAGS and DARK CITY: LONDON. Even playing on the easiest in DARK CITY, I didn't get very far. I did a bit better with FOUR STAGS, but it would probably take me days!

Maybe you are out of practice playing HOPAs?

I finished Fantasy Mosaics 25: Wedding Ceremony.  The Christmas Event AND the Castle Challenge have started in MC.  In addition to completing them, I'd like to play some Christmas games before the year ends.

I've started Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition (released last year, but bought in the last Super Sale) and Santa's Toy Factory: Nonograms (released last December, bough in January).

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 15, 2017 3:37 pm  #405

You're probably right, Tirama. I just never seem to have the time to devote to a HOPA.

December 15, 2017 6:54 pm  #406

lilyr wrote:

You're probably right, Tirama. I just never seem to have the time to devote to a HOPA.

ART's Christmas event starts tonight.  Are you planning to play that?  Have you finished all the Clutter games?  I'm not even halfway through Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest, and haven't even started Clutter VI: Leigh's Story, or any of the Clutter clones.  They're great games for when you just want to play for a short while.  And I love the nonogram games for the same reason.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 16, 2017 4:16 am  #407

oscar66 wrote:

Thanks for the info Meg.  It is quite annoying.  Gizmos Interstellar doesn't even open sometimes but then says its running. I've tried all the reinstall too to no avail.

An fyi for you, I just played this in May and wrote: Has anyone played Mexicana Deadly Holiday?  I like it but I don't like it.  The gameplay is good, when it works.  I find I am having to click all over the place with an item and it won't work, come back to the same spot and then the item works.  Frustrating to say the least.  Also frustrating is I have no idea of my progress in the game, how close I am to the goal.  The tasks don't seem to be purposeful in advancing. The HO scenes are pretty interesting.

HAHA That is exactly how I feel about the game! It seems everything I click is sticky and takes an extra few clicks to do what it is supposed to! Glad I am not the only one but seriously every SE game I bought from big fish that wasn't a CE first has some sort of glitch that prevents me from playing it in some way! Annoying! I'd write CS but I have had these games for years without touching them and I doubt they will give me a free game credit when I bought them 3 years ago LOL

December 16, 2017 4:27 am  #408

I finished Happy Clinic CE and BFG has it so I left a review.  I think I gave it 5 stars as I just adored it. I really love the Emily games and her whole world but they are soooo dialogue and story heavy and sometimes I just want a TM that is just about the game you know? Really enjoyed it!

I also just finished Shiver 4: The Lily's Requiem CE and I am sooo disappointed!!! I gave it 3 stars. I beta tested this ages ago and I LOVED it and I kept the beta and played it over n over again but this is NOT the same game I beta'd. They changed all the things I liked about it not to mention it took like 2 years from the day I did the beta to release it. And there were barely any Hidden Object scenes and I am a person who prefers LESS HO scenes so for me to say that...is rare lol The story is about sirens ...it didn't have that chilling feeling, the other Shiver games have.

I started Delicious 13: Emily's message in a bottle CE and its cute but a lot of dialogue unlike the TM I just finished. I tried to start Whispered Secrets 3 Into the Wind CE but it bored me which is strange since I loved the first 2. I am not sure what to play next. I am thinking about playing Enlightenus again. That is a beautifully done game and made me fall in love with Blue Tea Games to begin with. I also have a Carol Reed adventure game and I have always wanted to try one so maybe that one?

Hope everyone has a great weekend xx

Last edited by megwoman25 (December 16, 2017 4:28 am)

December 16, 2017 11:32 am  #409

Hi Tirama. Yes, I'm playing ART's Christmas events. We get an achievement for shoveling snow again! We didn't for raking leaves again. 

I'm waiting to start the newest CLUTTER until I get my Win 10 compouter set up. Meanwhile, while looking for something else, I came across HE: EVEREST (I bought that on disc before I found BFG). I used to play it a lot. This time around I'm finding it hard! It's times, the HO objects are really either small or very well blended, you have to find 5 gems to get another hint (and they aren't all that easy to find). The mini-games are all timed and if you just let the time run our it gets added to your score. You are racing against 3 other teams. I was almost finished when I got a screen that said "You are too far behind the other teams. You'll never catch up. " And it made me restart!  :-)

December 18, 2017 11:25 am  #410

Hi, everybody.

​My computer died this weekend, or rather it's in its death throes, so I had to get a new one.  Lost all my progress on Clutter Infinity.  I sent in my request to BF to have my Midnight Castle games transferred, hope they can do it ASAP since the Christmas Event and Castle Challenge is now going on.

I've got to learn Win10 and reload a lot of stuff.

Board footera