Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2017 7:42 pm  #391

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

Oscar I cancelled my membership ages ago and I can honestly say I don't miss it. Most of the sales apply to non-members which is why so many members complain about it being unfair so you can still stock up without paying the monthly fee. My husband showed me a new way to get the games I want to play....can't really go more into that...don't want to get in trouble

BUT lately I have been trying to play all the games I did buy when I had my membership. Some are sooo boring...what was I thinking when I bought them?? And others are sooo fun but have some technical reason why I can't finish them!!! GRRRRR I was zipping along playing The Veil Of Mystery-Seven Little Gnomes which is a completely weirdo game but I liked it sooo much and then BAM!! The hint tells me to go to the bedroom and unlock a HOG scene but it doesn't open so after much mulling around I finally decide to go to the forums and see what is happening and there is a glitch from 2014!!!! 2014!!! and no update??? are you kidding me? That's 3 games now that I have had to stop playing mid game because of a technical issue! BOO So don't buy this game. I doubt BFG will refund me for these games since I have had them for years literally lol without playing them... What irks me the most is that its still for sale! IF there is no patch then take it off the market FFS. ugh Rant over.

And I had started Enigma Agency Case of Shadows  and that one is all glitchy too. I'd say its the computer except its not because it plays everything else even games older then those.

So now I am not sure what to play....Hope everyone else is having better luck with their games. On a positive note I am almost finished with Happy Clinic. Its gotten harder n harder as it goes but I am still able to beat the levels if I pick the right upgrades. This is a good TM.

November 27, 2017 9:52 am  #392

megwoman25 wrote:

& I am trying to play Evil Pumpkin PE and its such a weird game. I have tried to play it before...this time I have gotten a little farther and its getting better but the voiceovers are slightly annoying especially the kid. Only time will tell if I finish this one lol

​Yes, I see what you mean now.  I started playing Evil Pumpkin and the kid's voice is very annoying.  Almost reminds me of a movie where there is a annoying kid voice in it,  an animation one, I think.  Maybe Polar Express. 

​I totally forgot about picking up the little candies and using them in the shop to decorate the yard.  That's pretty fun.  

Last edited by sunshinej (November 27, 2017 11:48 am)

i ♥ nirvana

November 27, 2017 11:56 am  #393

Oscar, I gave up my membership awhile back.  I miss it sometimes, but know that I can rejoin anytime I want to.  I certainly bought less games since I gave it up.  

​Well, I have to say working Thanksgiving and black Friday weekend was exciting.  There was like a buzz of electricity in the air.  I didn't get to do any shopping though and I don't shop online so no cyber Monday shopping for me either.   

i ♥ nirvana

November 28, 2017 6:17 pm  #394

Sunshine I like finding the candies but man are they small! I doubt I will get them all. Although I haven't picked that one up again...but I haven't deleted it either so that's a good sign I might return to it lol

I didn't go black Friday shopping but every year we save money n wait for cyber Monday because our favorite hotel in Pismo Beach, Ca (well it's a whole line of Pacifica hotels along the central coast in CA) has a 40% off sale if you book from November-March 15, basically the off season. My hubby's birthday is end of February so we always try to book in February and the weather down there is fantastic that time of year. We are able to get an ocean front king for very very cheap. We didn't get to go last year and we really missed it. But its a HUGE savings. Not only are the rates cheaper because its off season but then you add 40% off to them and you get a crazy good deal. In the summer if we went during peak season for an ocean front king, we would be looking at roughly $450/night if not more since they remodeled last spring and that means we could only stay 1 or 2 nights and we live 5.5 hours away. Would not be worth it! But with this deal, we can stay a whole week for $1100. I am so excited! The only downside is we have to board our fur babies (cats) but they have done it before n will be fine

Right now I am replaying Enigmatis 2-The mists of Ravenwood CE in order to play the last game in the series. I love Ghosts of Maple Creek and its in the top 5 games of all time. This one is good too just not as great n spooky as the first. I hope the 3rd installment does me proud as I love Artifex Mundi and have been waiting to play it for ages.

December 2, 2017 11:12 am  #395

I finished Surface: Return to Another World Collector's Edition and Surface: Lost Tales Collector's Edition.  I liked the hidden object scenes in these games, but I'm getting rather tired of passing through portals and dealing with runes.  I'll probably play Surface: Virtual Detective Collector's Edition next.  Skimming through the walkthrough's photos, it appears to be rune-free.

In addition to completing Midnight Castle's Fall Event and Fall challenge on both my games during the month of November, I played the Thanksgiving Event in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'.  Also managed to finish 5 CE's and 3 SE's. 

Really need to pick up the pace.  I've finished 70 games this year, but I've acquired 68 new ones.  And I'll be adding to that total this month - I have 5 punch card codes that need to be used.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 3, 2017 9:36 am  #396

I have been having such trouble launching games from the GM.  Anyone else?

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 3, 2017 10:10 am  #397

oscar66 wrote:

I have been having such trouble launching games from the GM. Anyone else?

I usually don't launch from the GM.  When I download, I have an icon dropped on my desk top. I do have troubles get a game to download.  Usually takes several tries to get the download started.

I started playing Surface: Virtual Detective Collector's Edition and was hoping to avoid runes and portals.  The joke is on me.  My character enters a virtual reality world via some far-fetched contraption and after a short time there, pops through a portal to another virtual reality world?  Okay.

On the plus side, only runes I've encountered were stones that needed to be put back where they belonged.  I can do that.  Just don't ask me to trace them, match them, figure out which three squiggly lines compose them, etc.  I don't want to do those tasks anymore. 

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 7, 2017 6:18 am  #398

I have finished:

Whispered Secrets - Golden Silence PE. Fun. Long and long Bonus game.
Spirits of Mystery - Chains of Promise PE. Ok with Fun Pass, but not buying. Fun puzzles.
Dead Reckoning - Lethal Knowledge CE. Fun. They said it was the last of the DR series.
Gnomes Garden Halloween. Ok. Just like the other Gnomes Garden games...
Haunted Hotel - PhoenIX PE. Fun!
Sea of Lies - Tide of Treachery PE. Rather fun. Fun puzzles.
Dreampath - Guardian of the Forest CE. Very fun! Fantastic graphics, fun collectibles and morphs. Rather easy. Liked both the HOS and puzzles. Not able to save wallpapers and music 
Dark Canvas - A Murder Exposed PE. Fun. But the characters looked a bit weird, somehow distorted.
Fantasy Mosaics 25 - Wedding Ceremony. Very fun!!! I liked the new colors.
Hidden Expedition - Dawn of Prosperity PE. Ok. Couldn't get into it after leaving it for a few days.
Amaranthine Voyage - The Orb of Purity PE. Rather boring. Didn't like it at all.
The Myth Seekers - The Legacy of Vulcan. Superfun!!!  Another SE from Artifex Mundi (this time Sunward)
It felt kind of old school but still very fun. The puzzles were fun but you really had to think. It had 2 Collectibles, replayable HOS and Puzzles, Wallpapers, Cutscenes, Concept Art, Achievements and Characters. No BG, SG or Music (which BTW was very good!).

Tirama (and all other Ipad users ), I really recommed Murder in the Alps. Very fun HOPA with collectibles and achievements. It's in the appstore.

Lilyr, Shadowhand is finally released today  But there isn't going to be a demo... You can look for playthroughs on Youtube. It's an instabuy for me! 

December 7, 2017 7:09 am  #399

Hi everyone!   

​I know I haven't been around for a while but let's just say that life the past month or 2 has been... challenging. 

Unlike most of you, I haven't got a single game I can say I've finished.  I can't remember the last time I actually played a HOPA - maybe 2 or 3 this year(?).  All I've managed is a few levels of some M3s or TMs and that's it.  I'm hoping I can play at least one over Christmas!

​So, if there's anyone interested in the Super Sale today, which expires tomorrow  -  PRINCE  -  $4.99 for any additional CEs  -  I've done the maths for you ...

1  game     =   $14   =   $14.00  each   (Christmas Stories: A Little Prince CE)
​  games   =   $19   =   $  9.50  each
​  games   =   $24   =   $  8.00  each
  games   =   $29   =   $  7.25  each
​  games   =   $34   =   $  6.80  each
​  games   =   $39   =   $  6.29  each
  games   =   $44   =   $  6.13  each
​  games   =   $49   =   $  6.00  each
  games   =   $54   =   $  5.90  each
10  games   =   $59   =   $  5.82  each
11  games   =   $64   =   $  5.75  each
12  games   =   $69   =   $  5.69  each
13  games   =   $74   =   $  5.69  each
14  games   =   $79   =   $  5.64  each
15  games   =   $84   =   $  5.60  each

​Enjoy if anyone takes advantage of this Super Sale!   

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

December 8, 2017 2:27 pm  #400

Thanks for doing the math.  Don't suppose you'd be willing to pick out the games for me?

I finished  Surface: Virtual Detective Collector's Edition.  The previous two Surface games were much shorter, or maybe this one was longer because it had so many puzzles I didn't enjoy.  I hate when HOPAs include Super Mario elements or shooting aliens.  Some of the other puzzles were just odd.  I looked at them, then read the instructions, then looked at the strategy guide and still couldn't figure out just how the solution made sense.  Not fun.  The game did have two endings - watched one ending on YouTube then chose the other one in the game.  Bonus chapter was a sequel and only made sense for one of the endings.  But the bonus chapter had a lovely Christmas scene.

There was an update for Midnight Castle which took players from level 80 to level 82.  There's also a new Christmas room and if you click on the bells decorating the fireplace, they play Jingle Bells.   Very beautiful room and it looks like there will be three Christmas hidden object scenes for us to play once the Winter Event starts, maybe as early as tonight.

Board footera