Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2017 4:18 am  #31

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

I have finished:
True Fear-Forsaken Souls PE. Very good!!!
Asian Riddles 4. Fun.
The Secret of Arcanesium. What was I thinking when I bought (with a PCC) this crap! When I did the last level I had to CAD out, and when I started it again (I wanted to get rid of it) I was asked if I wanted to start a new profile. I didn't even know that I've finished it!!!
I had 374 Funcoins on Awem ( I have saved  200 of them for Castaway3, which never came), so I bought Romance of Rome (I can't find it in any of my purchase histories, but I know I have it somewhere) and Golden Trails 2- The Lost Legacy CE (I only had the SE). They were both very fun even though they're old 

Congratulations to the achievements , Tirama 

I always find a spelling error, even though I try to proof read 

Last edited by Anki (January 22, 2017 4:22 am)

January 24, 2017 5:14 am  #32

BFG Facebook wrote:

Happy Monday everyone!!! It's time for another weekly Sneak Peek! What game are you most excited about?!

PC/Mac:
Fetch
Mystery Tales: The Hangman Returns CE
The Keeper of Antiques 2: The Imaginary World CE

iOS:
Dark Dimensions: Blade Master CE
Edge of Reality: Ring of Destiny CE

Android:
Fetch  

I did the survey for Fetch and loved it!  

It's actually developed by BFG!  When was the last time BFG actually developed a game?  Have they continuously developed games and I just haven't realised, or have they started up again?  Whichever, Fetch got 5/5 from me and I've been waiting with bated breath for its release!

Mmmm... it's supposed to be released for Android this week, as well... do I wait to get it next Monday for PC with a PCC or this week when it's released for Android, which should be cheap when it's first released... or do I get both?

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

January 24, 2017 5:50 am  #33

If anyone's interested in yesterday's TGT ... Beholder ...   

I started playing it on GH last week and here are my thoughts ...  

After playing for several hours I decided that it wasn't for me.  

PROs:

-  I loved the gameplay!
  -  Old fashioned point and click with quests
  -  But the entire game takes place in one apartment block - only one screen
  -  In an oppressive world
  -  You simply move up and down a little and zoom in to rooms
  -  When you zoom in you can move up/down and left/right in the building
  -  You have quests that you have to fulfil within a certain number of hours
  -  Very weird graphics - mostly black and cartoonish but I liked them
  -  The game continually auto saves
  -  So you can go back to any past save if you stuff up
  -  But that didn't help me when my daughter died

CONs:

-  I HATED the story!
  -  I HATED the quests I had to do!
  -  The tutorial is inadequate
  -  I had to restart the game once I'd worked out how it worked
  -  Because I failed my first quest after the tutorial and couldn't continue
  -  2 levels of difficulty but only play it in the easiest mode
  -  Because those hours fly by!!!!
  -  And it's extremely difficult to accomplish tasks even in the easiest mode
  -  And extremely difficult to get enough money to accomplish tasks
  -  And extremely difficult to get in to the apartments unnoticed
  -  Because as soon as you're in the tenants return
  -  You are moved in as the new apartment caretaker
  -  Your job is to spy on every single tenant and file reports
  -  It's then your job to get rid of them
  -  I tried to do the 'right' thing in one of the first quests
  -  It took ages but I finally managed to help a couple leave
  -  They then died and I was punished and my daughter died
  -  That's when I gave up
  -  The only way to play the game is to be a really good spy
  -  And to dob in everyone
  -  You have to install cameras in all of the apartments
  -  And snoop and check under their beds, in their cupboards, etc
  -  I'm sorry, but I hated doing such awful things
  -  You have the choice of doing the 'right' thing
  -  But that's not the way to play the game

Recommendation:

-  No matter how much I loved the gameplay, it's not a game for me
  -  Not even with a PCC
  -  However, I do recommend the game if...
  -  You have no problem being a snitch to save your own skin and your family's
  -  As the quest-style gameplay is challenging and fun!
  -  And if you have no problem playing the entire game on one, single screen
  -  And the graphics in that one, single screen are oppressive and depressing
  -  Dark, dark monochromatic blacks

January 24, 2017 9:43 am  #34

stusue wrote:

I did the survey for Fetch and loved it!  

It's actually developed by BFG!  When was the last time BFG actually developed a game?  Have they continuously developed games and I just haven't realised, or have they started up again?  Whichever, Fetch got 5/5 from me and I've been waiting with bated breath for its release!

Mmmm... it's supposed to be released for Android this week, as well... do I wait to get it next Monday for PC with a PCC or this week when it's released for Android, which should be cheap when it's first released... or do I get both?

Fetch was released for iOS back in March 2013.  Big Fish Studios has also developed Gummy Drop (available on PC but way behind in updates compared to the iOS version) and Lifeline (for iOS - BFS did the first one, not sure if they did any of the others but Eipix produced Lifeline: Whiteout).

BFS probably has produced other games, however, they are for mobile devices and rarely get ported to PC.

In 2016, BF released only 403 games for the PC.  Back in 2011, they released 509 games.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 24, 2017 11:55 am  #35

I have Fetch on my IPad and did get it back in 2013 and quite like it so touch shouldn't be an issue Stusue!  I love the graphics in it.

I started on my backlog of Myths of the World and am playing Hearts of Desolation and enjoying it a whole lot.  There are some great minis with different twists than the norm and nice interactive HOs.  The story is good.  Dragons, elements and Terracotta warriors.  They have the simple line puzzles where there are numbers, so you need that many connections, but they have thrown in ricochet bumpers and colours to match.  Very nice. 

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 24, 2017 1:04 pm  #36

Thanks, Tirama!      I thought you'd know something!

I can't believe it took 4 years to release Fetch on PC and Android!  

2011 seems to have been their big year for releasing games developed by BFG itself.  Maybe the number of games they developed reduced when they closed the Vancouver studios.  But I have no idea how many, if any, games BFG has developed for Facebook or iOS as I'm not on FB and I have nothing that has an i in front of it ... and I've only recently got an Android tablet, so am still discovering what games are available on Amazon.

January 25, 2017 3:23 pm  #37

I've finished Haunted Hotel: The Axiom Butcher Collector's Edition.  I liked this one better than Haunted Hotel: The X Collector's Edition because when my character is a detective trying to solve a murder mystery, I like the guilty party to be a person, not a ghost, demon, alien, zombie, vampire, etc.   Too bad in the bonus chapter it was back to ghosts possessing people.

Also finished Fantasy Mosaics 18: Explore New Colors and just started Fantasy Mosaics 19: Edge of the World.  Not sure which HOPA series I'll work on next.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 25, 2017 9:45 pm  #38

I tried Beholder.  I thought I might like it since it was different, but I didn't.  Wasn't my type.

I liked Haunted Hotel: Axiom Butcher too.  Was a pretty good murder mystery game.  I just had the SE game and now I am glad as the bonus doesn't sound as good as the main game was.

i ♥ nirvana

January 26, 2017 10:13 am  #39

There's a super sale today and tomorrow, but it's attached to a series that I haven't tried.  Has anybody played any of the Mystery Tales games?  Do you need to play them in order?

January 26, 2017 11:48 am  #40

yea for a super sale! finally.

I have only played Alaskan Wild Tirama, and it was fun.  lots to do.  I don't think you need to play them in any order.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera