Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2017 10:21 pm  #381

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

When I saw Road Trip USA I thought it was a re-release of that Boomzap one...Antique Road Trip..or something...obviously I was wrong!

So I am playing Happy Clinic CE and I don't know if BFG has that one. I'm actually not sure where I got it from LOL but so far I like it. Its nice to play a TM that isn't part of the delicious franchise. I like those games but there is so much dialogue and this one is just moves you around to different locations. I am in Hawaii now and its just gotten harder...

I also have Zombie Solitaire 1 in progress and I am trying to play Questerium: Sinister Trinity. This is an oldie but new enough to be able to change the difficulty through the options menu. Its one of those that has real life people in it instead of drawn characters. It seems to be glitchy though because it keeps repeating the same opening scene every time I re-enter the first part of the game. But then it snaps back to where I was...Hopefully it will work all the way through...

& I am trying to play Evil Pumpkin PE and its such a weird game. I have tried to play it before...this time I have gotten a little farther and its getting better but the voiceovers are slightly annoying especially the kid. Only time will tell if I finish this one lol

November 20, 2017 9:45 am  #382

I liked Evil Pumpkin,  it was weird and different.  I don't remember the voiceovers though.  I should play it again after my current game.  Ghosts of the Past: Bones of Meadow Town.  I like this game more than I thought I would.  You play the new sheriff of Meadow Town (dumb name for the town), your deputy helps you out throughout the game, it is set in current time which is rare for a ERS game.  

​Well, wish me luck this weekend.  Not only do I work Thanksgiving, but also black Friday and Saturday.  I expect i'll  be super busy especially since i'll have a full house too.

Last edited by sunshinej (November 20, 2017 10:35 am)

i ♥ nirvana

November 20, 2017 11:17 am  #383

A full house AND working Thursday, Friday and Saturday?  I think you'll need more than luck!

November 20, 2017 7:12 pm  #384

yikes sunshine! I think the reason I NEVER shop on black Friday weekend is because of having to work it for years. I will think good thoughts for you~!

My thanksgiving plans are all wonky this year. We are not even celebrating on the day but a few days later to accommodate others. However, I am helping my mom make short ribs on Thanksgiving for the people who will be here. (My mom and her 2 sisters, my hubby and me). Everyone else (brother, dad, dad's sisters) are going to Napa the day of to be with my Grandmother. It's a long story to why and I won't get into it. Ridiculous stuff if you ask me. But whatever, I am going to enjoy short ribs n pie and the people I am with Friday I may need to go into "work". I started volunteering where I got my cats. I have 3 of them now. My babies Anyway we are having a Black Friday, Black Kitties adoption fair. If you adopt a Black kitty you get a free bag of food, litter and a free vet visit. Black cats are the hardest to find homes because of the stigma around them which is completely ludicrous because they are just as adorable as any other colored cat! So anyways I might need to go in to help with adoptions. We'll see.

Onto games...I dexed Questerium: Sinister Trinity because it had glitches but overall it just bored me to tears. I was like a chapter away from being done too but I gave up. 3 stars.

I am now playing The Veil Of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes. I got this one as a DD long time ago and its kind of weird but I like it. I am trying to play games of mine that aren't part of a series like stand alone ones because I find them less cookie cutter than whats being offered as of late. I think this game might be on a the shorter side but I've been playing it for 2 hours and its kept my attention the whole time. so Kudos for that.

Hope everyone has a great holiday that lives in the US. Everyone else, I hope you just have a great Thursday

November 22, 2017 9:40 am  #385

Thanks lilyr & Meg ​   I'll have some help with the dinner, thank goodness.  Last time I worked in retail there was no shopping on Thanksgiving and black Friday wasn't played up so huge back then. I have gone black Friday shopping the last few years as a customer now It'll be interesting to see the other side of it.

​I finished Ghosts of the Past: Bones of Meadow Town.  Not a bad game and not a great game.  Once my deputy left to go back to the sheriff station I felt that the game was not as good as it was in the beginning. 

Last edited by sunshinej (November 22, 2017 9:41 am)

i ♥ nirvana

November 23, 2017 2:15 pm  #386

Anyone play the new MCF yet?

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 24, 2017 10:07 am  #387

Hi oscar. I haven't played it, but a number of people I know have and have commented. Apparently it gets better after the demo. A lot of people have liked it as a HOPA, but not as a MCF game. Of course there's a die-hard bunch who want MCF to only chronicle the Dalimar family. Personally, I'd be more than happy to never see the Dalimars again.

November 24, 2017 10:35 am  #388

I haven't played the new MCF game.  Big Fish must really want us to buy it - first a super sale, then a BOGO - but I bought a bunch of games in October's super sale, so I'm going to wait and see what sales we get next month.  There's going to be  three Christmas HOPAS this year:  Christmas Stories: A Little Prince  (Elephant Games), Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts (Daily Magic Productions), and The Christmas Spirit: Trouble in Oz (Domini Games).

I've completed Thanksgiving Day Mosaic and Donna Brave: And the Strangler of Paris Collector's Edition nearly a week ago.  DH has been home Thanksgiving week and we've spent the time getting our Christmas decorations up. 

Gaming time has been spent working on Midnight Castle's Fall Event and Fall Challenge and I made the big mistake of starting Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest.  The Clutter games are addictive - "Just one more level" has become my mantra.

When I can pull myself away from Clutter, I'm going to play Surface: Return to Another World Collector's Edition.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 24, 2017 1:42 pm  #389

Me too T.  So I skipped this super sale. 
I am mid demo for the MCF.  It’s nothing special so far.  I did read some reviews.  The complainants about instructions on puzzles are funny at times.  I don’t know if it has some door puzzles, but I always felt that that was the fun, figuring it out yourself.

I may pick up last years xmas games, I remember not being overwhelmed but I think that will be what I play in December.  My gaming time has decreases as I find myself tired at 11 and my usual 2 hrs of play has been cut to about 1.

I’m still debating about cancelling my membership. It is only $7 a month and there when I want it.

Last edited by oscar66 (November 24, 2017 1:46 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 25, 2017 10:57 am  #390

Now I've finished:

Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise PE - Enjoyed it.
Sea of Lies: Tide of Treachery PE - Enjoyed it.
Linda’s Case: Brighton’s Secrets - Easy but kind of fun.
Fantasy Mosaics 25: Wedding Ceremony - Lots of fun.
 Mystery Solitaire: The Black Raven - OK
Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity PE - Enjoyed it.

Oscar, what you could do is cancel the membership and play all the games you've already bought but not got round to and then renew it again as and when.

Board footera