Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 10, 2017 1:03 pm  #371

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

Today's CE, Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition, is the 403rd game released by Big Fish this year. 

What's so special about that?   That's the same number of games that Big Fish released last year. 

So this year, Big Fish will release more games than they did in 2016, more than they did in 2015, and possibly more than they did in 2014.

Where are these "extra" games coming from?  A good portion of them are TM games released only as a Collector's Edition.  There's also more nonogram games being released, and at least one other developer is trying their hands at the Clutter-type games made popular by Joe Kazz (Puzzles by Joe).

So it looks like PC gaming isn't dead yet

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 10, 2017 9:14 pm  #372

I cannot believe its been over a year since I last posted. Part of it was that I wasn't playing any games because my laptop became sooo slow but now I have been slowly taking over my husband's haha. The other reason was because my mom was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer. Luckily it was only stage 1a, caught super early and she's now cancer free but at the time we didn't know that so it was super scary and monopolized all of my time. At the same time my grandpa (my dad's dad) went on hospice and has since passed so my dad was spending a lot of time with him and since I live close by I was helping out my mom a lot. I had to stop volunteering for awhile too but thankfully everything has calmed down. My grandpa was 85 so he had a full life and we all got to say our goodbyes.

So now I can start to catch up on my games! I just finished playing Still Life which is a large file adventure game from 2005. You play dual pov and try and catch a serial killer. It was sooo fun but you can't skip puzzles and the last puzzle was impossible. I tried to watch videos on it but I just could not beat it so I had to watch the ending on you tube and now I am ready for Still Life 2. I am also playing Viking Brothers 2 and its good but not as fun as the original. I also have Adam Wolfe Flames of Time in progress. I played the first act and loved it. But right now I am about to finish Graven The purple Moon Prophecy which is one of the best non CEs I have ever played. It has tons of collectibles but best of all its somewhat challenging and not cookie cutter. I LOVE it.

I hope everyone is doing good and hopefully I'll make more appearances now that I am actually playing my games! They were just stacking up and up and up and up haha xx

November 10, 2017 11:46 pm  #373

Good to see a post from you megwoman!  I'm glad your mom's cancer was caught so early. Sorry about your grandfather. But you did say he lived a full life and you all got to say goodbye.

November 11, 2017 4:14 am  #374

Nice to see you back again, megwoman 

I have both Still Life 1 and 2 but unplayed...         I remeber I liked Graven very much, makes me want to replay it.

Glad you mom is Ok now! Here in Sweden all women above the age of 23 (up to 70) are called on regular checks for both Uterine and Breast cancer.I had both this year and I was  healthy 

Granddad  RIP 

November 13, 2017 10:30 am  #375

Hi megwoman   Good news about your mom 

​I played Still Life and I liked it, still have to do Still Life 2.

​Yoohoo!  I not only finished 1 game, but 2 last Friday.  Well, actually I just completed ones that I had already started and were half or more finished.  Living Legends: Beast of Bremen & Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder.

​I have been without insurance since February.  

i ♥ nirvana

November 14, 2017 1:37 pm  #376

Welcome back, megwoman.

I replayed Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles Collector's Edition, a game that came out in Nov 2010.   I had played it when I bought it, back in the good old days when I didn't have a backlog of games, but hadn't played it since I decided to play all the games I owned.

Back in 2010, this game was cutting edge.  Nowadays, many players would be complaining that there was too much dialogue, too much back and forth, the skip and hint buttons take too long to fill, and the hidden object scenes get reused.  Although there were no helpers, the use of the medallion gimmick would have sent many players over the edge.

I've also added Queen's Garden Halloween to the done list.  I completed the first garden, and have left the game on my desk top so I can play if and when I feel motivated to complete another 5 gardens.

The next CE I'm going to play is Donna Brave: And the Strangler of Paris Collector's Edition.  I'm also playing Thanksgiving Day Mosaic.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 14, 2017 4:42 pm  #377

Thanks for the well wishes everyone xx

Anki I am glad you came out healthy. I didn't realize you lived in Sweden. I have heard wonderful things about it especially the health care.

Tirama, I remember really loving Hound of the Baskervilles and like you I have recently tried to replay it but I found it kind of annoying all the back and forth and wayyy too much dialogue but I remember it being way cutting edge when I first played it. I dexed it though when I realized I had a bunch of LFA sherlock holmes games I'd rather play...even though I haven't started them yet lol

I finished 2 games in the last couple days. Graven & Nightfall Mysteries Haunted by the Past CE. I loved graven and gave it 5 stars. I have always LOVED the nightfall mysteries series and this one was no exception. The bonus game set it up for another but that was in 2015 and I tried look for VAST studios and their website doesn't exist anymore. Boo. I really recommend their first 2 games in the series...Curse of the Opera and Asylum Conspiracy. They are old school meaning probably tons of hidden object scenes but the plot lines are soo good.

November 14, 2017 4:46 pm  #378

I am able to finish more games this week because my husband is on a business trip to Germany, that lucky bastard. He's in Cologne and it looks absolutely beautiful from the pictures he's sent me. There is a gorgeous Gothic church and I hope he gets pictures of the inside. Absolutely stunning architecture. I wanted to go with him but he's going with a co worker to learn about antibodies or something bio-medical so I told him to see a bunch of cool things so one day he can take me back and show me around. And hopefully he brings me something cool back...although he's not much of a shopper..

November 14, 2017 8:17 pm  #379

Hiya Meg!

I recall loving the Baskerville one as well.  And I second that on the original Nightfall.  I haven’t played the newer one.  I just finished a game so hmm maybe Graven will be next.

Like Anki those are standard tests here as well. Fortunately covered under our healthcare.

Europe has great architecture.  Stusue lives in Germany. I visited Cologne 23! Ack! Years ago

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 17, 2017 10:35 am  #380

Hi megwoman 

I've now finished:

Dead Reckoning: Brassfield Manor PE
Haunted Hotel: Phoenix PE
Zombie Solitaire 2: Chapter Two
Fill & Cross: Trick or Treat 3
Faces of Illusion: The Twin Phantoms
Dark Realm: Princess of Ice PE
Road Trip USA: A Classic Hidden Object Game

Enjoyed them all, especially the Dark Realm one.

Last edited by FudgeChi (November 17, 2017 10:35 am)

Board footera