Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2017 10:35 am  #351

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

Thx Anki.

I recently started the new Halloween game I got at the Super Sale.  I am a little disappointed in it.  I was hoping it would be scary but its not.  The graphics are superb imo.  Hos and puzzles are fun with some new twists so that is good but it does play a little cute Halloween versus creepy which was what I was looking for.  It is fairly short too I think.  I did skip one puzzle just cause I hate the particular type, but it was a little different than the normal slider make a picture type, but I still find them annoying and tedious. I'd still recommend it, probably the SE though as it is entertaining.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

October 21, 2017 10:40 am  #352

I've finished:

Clutter V: Welcome to Clutterville - Fun!
Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows PE - Pretty good.
Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery - Loved it!
Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom - Not quite as good as the 2nd one
Robin’s Island Adventure - Started this math 3 ages ago and finally finished it.
Dead Reckoning: The Crescent Case PE - Enjoyed it.

October 24, 2017 9:00 am  #353

I can't believe how long it has been since I've last written.  Not much going on in the gaming front.  I am slowly doing Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders  I am still working on Betty Bernard in the game.  

​I am slowly getting adjusted to having 2 jobs now, but the free time I do have, always seems to be taken up with catching up on chores like dishes and laundry.   At least I really like my second job, everyone is so nice there.  

​Tirama...While reading back I saw that you bought Halloween Stories: Invitation and that it was going to be your next game to play.   I was going to get it when it came out as a SE.  Do you think the CE was worth it, if so, I just might pony up and spring for it.

i ♥ nirvana

October 24, 2017 9:30 am  #354

Sun, I played it and I do not think it was worth the CE.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

October 24, 2017 12:14 pm  #355

Thanks, Oscar.   SE it is then.

i ♥ nirvana

October 25, 2017 11:01 am  #356

sunshinej wrote:

​Tirama...While reading back I saw that you bought Halloween Stories: Invitation and that it was going to be your next game to play.   I was going to get it when it came out as a SE.  Do you think the CE was worth it, if so, I just might pony up and spring for it.

The CE has the usual assortment of Elephant Games extras: achievements,  morphs, fragments that are assembled into pieces, and collectibles, some of which weren't that easy to spot.  The bonus chapter is a sequel, and contains some information about that came as a surprise, but the main game does have a proper ending.  The secret room consists of replaying the puzzles and hidden object scenes.

Like Oscar, I was a bit disappointed.  I thought the story was petty generic (evil creatures from another world broke through a portal, only you can defeat them, yadda, yadda, and the only tie-in to Halloween was that the character you played was lured into danger by inviting her to a Halloween party.  The very brief scenes of the party were fantastic, and because the story is set during Halloween, there's lots of pumpkins, candles, bats, spiders, skeletons, etc.  But the story could have been set anywhere during anytime.

In addition to finishing Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition, I finished Fill and Cross: Trick or Treat! 3.  I'm working on The Far Kingdoms: Spooky Mosaics, Holiday Mosaics Halloween Puzzles, and Queen's Garden Halloween.

In MIdnight Castle,  I finished the Castle Challenge (at one point I was six days behind) and the Fall Event has started, in fact it started while the castle challenge was going on, which made the 26th task more difficult.

Personal news:  we sold my father-in-law's house and we're hoping in the near future to be able to wrap up his estate and get on with our own lives.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 26, 2017 9:33 am  #357

Thanks, Tirama.  That does sound disappointing in that the atmosphere is Halloween, but the story is science fiction.  I'm tired of portals  and other worldly evil beings.  That doesn't sound anything like Halloween at all.  I would have made it a more ghostly story if I was them.

​Congratulations on selling your father-in-law's house.  It was probably sad to see it sell and a relief all at the same time.

i ♥ nirvana

November 1, 2017 8:45 am  #358

Now that the Halloween Stories is out as a SE.  I think I will get it when there is a BOGO free sale.  I will pair it up with the second Leaves game since I enjoyed the first one so much.

Last edited by sunshinej (November 1, 2017 8:45 am)

i ♥ nirvana

November 1, 2017 1:13 pm  #359

October is over and I only finished 6 games (3CE's and 3 SE's) and added 14 games (11 CE's and 3 SE's) to my inventory. 

Recently I finished Phantasmat: Reign of Shadows Collector's Edition, Phantasmat: Mournful Loch Collector's Edition, and Holiday Mosaics Halloween Puzzles.  

I'm currently working on The Far Kingdoms: Spooky Mosaics, and Queen's Garden Halloween, and I think my next CE to play will be Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride Collector's Edition, which has been sitting in my inventory since March, 2014.

Also busy with Midnight Castle's Fall Event and Fall Castle Challenge.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 2, 2017 8:29 am  #360

I've finished:
The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire
The Far Kingdoms: Age of Solitaire
The Far Kingdoms: Spooky Mosaics
Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy PE
Mortimer Beckett and the Book of Gold PE
Mortimer Beckett and the Secrets of Spooky Manor
Mortimer Beckett and the Time Paradox

Mortimer Beckett and the Lost King
Catch The Witch

Mortimer Beckett and the Crimson Thief

I  got hooked on Mortimer as I loved The Book of Gold. I must have been in the wrong mood when I tried them before!
Also loved Spooky Mosaics and the Winterpoint.
Catch The Witch was like Clutter.

Last edited by FudgeChi (November 2, 2017 10:45 am)

Board footera