Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2017 8:04 am  #341

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

Finished Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams Collector's Edition,  Had to dig down deep to find that one.  Bought it back in April 2014!

Also finished Fantasy Mosaics 24: Deserted Island.  Just as the others I this series, it wasn't very difficult.  But a very nice relaxing change of pace from hidden object scenes.  I really love the music in these games.  Just wish the games had credits and listed the titles of the music.  This one was a waltz and I know that I know the music from somewhere.

ART has it's annual boring Talk Like a Pirate 'special event' going on and I recently completed the latest MC castle challenge and earned all 3 avatars in both games.  MC also just had an update, and the Wise Dragon's past is being explored, so it seems like a good time to play  Midnight Calling: Wise Dragon Collector's Edition.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 27, 2017 4:47 am  #342

I have finished:

Worlds Greatest Places Mosaics 2. Fun!
Roads of Rome 2 - New Generation. No fun.
Surface - Alone in the Mist PE. Nothing special...The most fun was to collect the flowers and unlock the Secret Room.
Fantasy Mosaics 24 - Deserted Island. Fun!
Mythic Wonders - The Child of Prophecy PE. Rather boring. No replayable HOS or Puzzles.
Grim Facade - Hidden Sins PE. Fun!!! Long BG.
Solitaire Legends of the Pirates 2. No fun!
Phantasmat - Insidious Dreams CE. Very fun!  (When not thinking of it as a Phantasmat-game).
Danse Macabre - Thin Ice PE. Boring!
Shadow Wolf Mysteries - Tracks of Terror PE. Fun but not PE (CE) worthy.
Phantasmat - The Dread of Oakville PE. Rather  fun. I didn't do the Puzzles in the Extras. I had 100% and 27 seconds and only got a silver medal 

My thoughts goes to you Tee...  

September 28, 2017 8:17 am  #343

I've finished:

Flower Mosaics - Fun
A Plot Story - Fun, rather like Clutter
Danse Macabre: Thin Ice PE - OK
Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth’s Secret PE - Funny!
Solitaire Legend of the Pirates 2 - Boring
Witches’ Legacy: Slumbering Darkness PE - Loved it
Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville PE - I liked the other Phantasmat but this one not so much.
Twilight Phenomena: The Incredible Show PE - Enjoyed it!

Last edited by FudgeChi (September 30, 2017 9:30 am)

October 2, 2017 10:51 pm  #344

September was not a good month.  Finished 3 CE's and 2 SV's.  Bought 8 CE's and picked up 5 SV's with PCC's and CS coupon.

Latest game I finished was Midnight Calling: Wise Dragon Collector's Edition.  The story had very little to do with the Wise Dragon.  It focused on Diana (doesn't appear in Midnight Castle) who has to find her father who's being held prison in the Wise Dragon's castle (not clear if this is Midnight Castle).  After freeing dear old dad, Diana has to free the dragon.  For a supposedly wise dragon, this one gets captured a lot.  Anabel also freed him in the first game.

In the bonus game, you play as dad and head back to the dragon's castle to seek a potion to remove the curse that Chester (the bad guy from the main game - who is not a character from MC) must have cast.  Never get to see the dragon in the bonus chapter, but you meet the Mistress of the Dragons (doesn't appear in MC), and Valeria has a brief appearance, but doesn't say or do anything.

I'm almost finished with  Glass Masquerade.  This is a patchworkz type of game.  You assemble clocks made of stained glass.  There's no timer, it doesn't keep track of mistakes, and you can see and pick up all and any of the pieces.  There's only 25 puzzles.

I've downloaded my unplayed Halloween and Thanksgiving games and haven't decided which CE to play next.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 10, 2017 5:49 am  #345

Hi guys!  

Sorry I haven't been around for ages but I've been looking after my sister, which is a full-time job.  So much for her coming over here and helping me!  The only time I get to myself is when I'm getting all the meals, or doing the dishes, or the washing, or cleaning, or cleaning up, or dealing with the guys who are fixing things around the house, etc...  If I try and get up early so that I can catch up on things, as soon as my sister hears me she gets up, too.  Or I stay up late but then my sister stays up with me, and only goes to bed when I go to bed.  And, should I get some time on the computer, she's sitting right nex to me, reading every single word I type.  So no privacy at all.  I love having my sister here and we're having a ball but I can't wait to have a day to myself, even just an afternoon, when I can play a game and not have to worry about getting meals, and doing all the washing, and cleaning, etc.

So, obviously, I haven't played any games apart from a couple of M3/TMs while we're watching TV, and my sister watches and tells me what moves to make, or what's ready to be collected, etc.  But I've played a couple of really good games and will get them when they finally get to BFG!

But not a single HOPA since my sister got here in July.  Only betas, as I seem to get them all the time.  I found another one on my Inbox this morning but that will have to wait until I get back to Oldenburg.

Because the reason I can catch up now is because I'm sitting in a hotel room in Trier, looking across the road to the Porta Nigra, an ancient Roman gate - Trier was the northern capital of the northern reaches of the Roman Empire here in Germany.  I'm here with my sis for a week.  I was here a few years ago and have always wanted to come back.

However, the remains of Hurricane Maria hit us last Thursday and caused a lot of damage in Germany.  I lost a few roof tiles and have some water damage in the garage and some holes in the awning.  But there's chaos in the train system.  We were supposed to simply catch a train to Bremen (of the 4 musicians Grimm Bros fame), then an ICE (super fast 300-kph train) down to Koblenz, then a local train to Trier, leaving at 11:32 am, arriving at 6:30 pm.  Instead, however, we caught a train to Osnabruck as the lines were down between Oldenburg and Bremen, only to find that the train we were supposed to pick up in Osnabruck (our original train from Bremen) wasn't running.  So they re-routed us to Munster, then Hamm (Hamelin in The Piped Piper), then Cologne, then Koblenz, then Trier.  But the train to Munster was running very late so we missed our train to Hamm, so they re-routed us AGAIN back up to Essen (which we'd passed through hours before on our first train), then to Cologne, then Koblenz, then Trier.  However, when we got to Cologne, our next train was running about 25 mins late - and they made us change platforms 4 times!!!!  Up and down so many stairs with our suitcases!!!! - so of course we missed our next connection.  So once again to the booking office - I think for my 5th or 6th time? - to organise the next connection.  Then we were told there'd be a problem with that train, as well, but it ran smoothly and the next one, as well, and we finally got to Trier 3 hours late, at 9:30 pm, having been on and off trains for 10 hours with barely a few mins break in between trains, often having to run for trains that were about to leave when we'd been re-routed, and having gone all the way down by the river in the dark, not seeing a thing, not even all the castles!!!!  We even ended up going in a huge circle at one point!

So you can imagine how I feel today!  We went down for breakfast as late as we could, taking our time, and my sister's having a rest now.  But we're heading out soon so I'd better go get ready.  Just checking things out around the hotel today - the Porta Nigra and the Tourist Office/Souvenir Shop just across the road, resting up so we can get going tomorrow.  We'll be checking out all the roman remains, of which there are many - like baths, an amphitheatre, etc, which are all very well preserved - as well as going to Luxembourg for a day, as it's only an hour away by train.

I sure hope you're all going well and those with sick kids are getting some good news!  I also hope you're all managing to play some fantastic games.  Play one for me as my sister's with me until the end of October, so I won't be able to play anything until I've recovered from her visit.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

October 13, 2017 10:06 am  #346

Happiness is a Super Sale.  I'm so excited about buying Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition and being able to play it before Halloween.  That will be the next CE I play.

Currently working on Doodle God: Genesis Secrets, Queen's Garden Halloween, and Fill and Cross: Trick or Treat! 3.

Fill and Cross: Trick or Treat! 3 is made by 8 Floors Games, and in the past, in some of their games, there has been a lot of guess work.  I've only got 20 more puzzles to solve, and so far, every puzzle can be solved by using logic.  And a lot of the puzzles have been rather challenging.

Also working on Midnight Castle's latest castle challenge.   Fell 6 days behind but managed to catch up.  I wish the developer would spread these challenges out over the year.  We will just about finish the current one, and a day or two later, the Fall Event (and next CC) will begin, and there will be very little down time before  the Winter Event (and CC) start.

October 14, 2017 9:27 am  #347

I have finished:

HomeRun Solitaire. Rather fun.
Lost Lands - Ice Spell CE. Superfun!!! I really like the graphics and the puzzles. I like the characters,
SPOILER  I even got a little sad in the  ending...
Sliders and Other Square JIgsaw Puzzles. Fun! Finally,  all 560 of them  
Moai V - New Generation PE. Very fun! Long. 60 levels and 20 bonus levels.
Big City Adventure Istanbul. Fun!
A Plot Story. Ok. A new one from Shaman Games of the Clutter-kind.
Flower Mosaics. Fun!
Lost Artifacts - Golden Island PE. Fun. I liked it better than the first one. Not PE worthy. 49 levels and 10 bonus levels. No downloadable extras.

Right now I'm playing the new Cubis: Cubis Kingdoms PE made by BoomZap.

Last edited by Anki (October 14, 2017 9:31 am)

October 14, 2017 10:35 am  #348

Well you certainly finished a lot this month Anki, but I'm with Tirama, not much completed. What's cubis Kingdoms Anki?

I played Elly Cooper and the City of Antiquity which is a old school and long.  It was an okay game but it did get a little repetitive and the story was not fleshed out enough.  Same problem I'm having with the story in Insane Cold Back to the Ice Age.  It has some technical issues and would benefit from a map.  It is long though.  I've also been picking away at Interstellar Gizmo.  Geesh there is one puzzle I'm at right now that I need to knock 3 minutes!!!! off of my time to get the dev score.  It's second to last in the planet I'm on.  Every night I give it a try.  I refuse to move on until I have it!!!

I certainly took advantage of the Super Sale and got 9 games plus the Halloween one.  Which I am going to play after I finish Insane Cold. I have 5 more souls to free.  I had 7 GCCs so my cost right now was just the $5.10 per game.  My splurge for the month.  I think after checking out the Xmas games, and is there going to be a new MCF?,  I will cancel my membership for the new year.  I have so many un-played games that I need to whittle down.  I'll still keep track of what I'm interested with the demos.   I actually feel a little sad about it, My first purchase was Aug 2005 back when they games were $19.99! But I do feel like I have more than enough to keep me busy for the next year or more!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

October 14, 2017 10:57 am  #349

I've finished this month so far:

Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Tracks of Terror PE - Loved it!
Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection PE - Loved it!
Doodle God Griddlers - OK
Darkarta: A Broken Heart’s Quest PE - EXCELLENT!
Subliminal Realms: The Masterpiece PE - Odd at first but then I got hooked.
Home Run Solitaire - Fun
Witches’ Legacy: The Dark Throne PE - Loved it!

October 15, 2017 3:25 am  #350

Oscar, Cubis Kingdoms is a match-3. The first Cubis was released -02 and the second -04. I have them both, but unplayable on Win10. There was another one, Cubis Creatures released -13, but I didn't like it enough to buy it, maybe I redemo it now...   I really like the gameplay, but not over the top with the graphics. BoomZap have really changed style! 

Board footera