Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2017 12:55 pm  #291

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

I've finished:
Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle PE
Clutter V!: Leigh’s Story
Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio PE
Magic Cards Solitaire 2
Magic Cards Solitaire
Maidens of the Ocean Solitaire
Picross Beach Paradise
World’s Greatest Cities Mosaics 2

I had to bite the bullet and get a Windows laptop. More and more games wouldn't work on virtual windows. I'm just using it for those. it does mean I can now play the Clutter games which i'm liking.

August 20, 2017 2:24 pm  #292

I finished Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition and started Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich Collector's Edition.  I like how these two games have none-speaking characters who react to what's going on (hiding under tables, etc from the bad guys) .  In MC, we finally got another castle challenge, but the first couple of tasks aren't time consuming, so I should be able to finish Train to Hellswich and Double Clue: Solitaire Stories without any problems.

I'm going to pass on this weekend's CE BOGO and hope for something better before Labor Day.  Pretty sure there will be a BOGO the both on CE's and SV's.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 21, 2017 10:50 am  #293

I demo'd Agatha Christie: ABC Murders because a lot of reviewers mentioned a wonky cursor.  I hate wonky cursors and it is a good reason not to buy a game because of it.  Luckily, my cursor worked  just fine.  The game plays different than the other 3 Christie games, but I got used to it quick.  I got used to the cartoon graphics too.  I don't like the way Captain Hastings looks though.  Hastings is supposed to be younger than Poirot, not older!  It is still a buy for me.

i ♥ nirvana

August 23, 2017 11:32 pm  #294

I finished Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich Collector's Edition and Double Clue: Solitaire Stories.

The developers of Double Clue: Solitaire Stories are Playtinum Games, same company that did The Secret Of Arcanesium: A Mosaic Mystery.  The have some interesting ideas and bring something new to these types of games, but need a bit more polish.  

I've also completed the first 5 tasks of MC's castle challenge.

Next I'm going to play Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition and Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 24, 2017 10:48 am  #295

There's a super sale today and tomorrow. 

It's attached to a game I don't want. 

August 24, 2017 3:18 pm  #296

I feel exactly the same way Tirama.

August 24, 2017 3:27 pm  #297

lilyr wrote:

I feel exactly the same way Tirama.

I'm doing the math and getting 8 games at half-price (BOGO) comes to $55.92   Getting 8 games at $4.99 each  plus $13.98 for the game I don't want comes to $53.92.  Get 10 or 12 games, and buying during the super sale is an even better deal.  But it still bugs me having to buy a game I don't want and will never play.

But if I wait, there's no guarantee the next super sale will attached to something I want.

August 24, 2017 5:54 pm  #298

I'll have to sit and contemplate.  I can live with getting the Haunted Legends if I have to.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 24, 2017 5:57 pm  #299

It looks like the SS were January and March. So who knows when the next would be.  I may just let it slide I really need to get some played and I seem to only be managing 1-3 a month.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 24, 2017 6:00 pm  #300

oscar66 wrote:

I'll have to sit and contemplate. I can live with getting the Haunted Legends if I have to.

I'm talking myself out of buying anything.  Last year there was a super sale when the MCF game was released.  Yes, that means waiting until November, but there should be a BOGO sale for Labor Day weekend.  I will have 8 game club credits, so I can get 8 CE's and not spend any money. 

Board footera